What do you think will happen to Barca in the Champions League?

Barca chances in Champions League?

• Total voters
Anything could happen in the coming tie IMO. No clear favorites there. If we win it, we'll be favorites for the final IMO, though Madrid will cause us problems if they make it through as well.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Anything could happen in the coming tie IMO. No clear favorites there. If we win it, we'll be favorites for the final IMO, though Madrid will cause us problems if they make it through as well.

Heh, let's see whether Madrid will make it through better than us. (If they can :mou:) That's why I love this year's Champions League. From the start till the end, there's endless speculations and debate on who is the favorites and a lil bit of conspiracy talking about anti-english in the UEFA. I would say we will be ready if we win the semi finals, a big morale boost will help us.

Keikoku

Cabbage
If we keep play like vs PSG I think the semi-final is all we can get. But I'm optimism if we improve our performance we will be the champion of course.

If we keep play like vs PSG I think the semi-final is all we can get. But I'm optimism if we improve our performance we will be the champion of course.

Of course, but I'm pretty confident we'll play way better. Remember, Messi was out for most of the tie against PSG. If he played the full tie, we would have been much more convincing IMO.

PaulFCB

Banned

If we play like in the 2nd leg with PSG and Bayern plays like in the 2nd leg with Arsenal who are favorites to qualify? :troll:

Bayern 1-3 Barca
Barca 1-1 Bayern

Final

Barca 4-2 Borussia Messi, Pedro, Messi, Messi / Reus, Goetze.

2009 2-0
2011 3-1
2013 :troll:.

Keikoku

Cabbage
If we play like in the 2nd leg with PSG and Bayern plays like in the 2nd leg with Arsenal who are favorites to qualify? :troll:

Bore draw 0-0 with Barca 92% possesion and Bayern just 8% :tito:

IMO it's not about how strong our opponent is, but more about how we will play/react into the game.
All teams have its own plus and minus, and in my personal opinion about the strength of the teams is :1. Barca, 2. Madrid, 3. Bayern, and 4. Dortmund.
But once more football isn't about calculation or stats, it's decide with performance, luck, and many possibilities on the pitch.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Personally I'd be extremely surprised if you won the CL this season.

I don't think you have that magic of 06, 09 or 11 when you won the CL in those years. However I may be wrong and worse teams than this current Barca team have won the CL.

Irish_Cules

Personally I'd be extremely surprised if you won the CL this season.

I don't think you have that magic of 06, 09 or 11 when you won the CL in those years. However I may be wrong and worse teams than this current Barca team have won the CL.

I agree. If we win it this year it will definitely be the worst Barca side to have won the Champions League.

However, we still have the talent to pull of performances such as the 2nd leg against AC Milan so we can still put in performances worthy of the best team in the world. These performances are becoming less frequent though so its the least confident I have ever been in the team at this stage of the competition, even when we got knocked out. Even if we get knocked out I don't think its the end of an era. All we need is one or two good defensive signings and another goal scorer and we will be a formidable force once again.

King Leo

Banned
wait after we lose a game due to missed chances and miserable defensive errors then we'll be cursing Rosell and Zubi for not getting us a CB last summer (we're already doing that anyway). If we make it through Bayern and do win the CL would be nothing short of a miracle IMO.

I agree. If we win it this year it will definitely be the worst Barca side to have won the Champions League.

However, we still have the talent to pull of performances such as the 2nd leg against AC Milan so we can still put in performances worthy of the best team in the world. These performances are becoming less frequent though so its the least confident I have ever been in the team at this stage of the competition, even when we got knocked out. Even if we get knocked out I don't think its the end of an era. All we need is one or two good defensive signings and another goal scorer and we will be a formidable force once again.

Won the league by December, in the semis of the CL and we have a good shot at winning it (IMO). All with this shit defense and with our coach absent for 2 months.

I can see us owning the CL once again next season with a few good signings.

Btw, I'd say we've been better this season than last season. After all, that 4-0 against Milan was the best performance of the past 2 seasons IMO. Not to mention we've dominated the league, which we were terrible in last season. The bad games (the 2-0 loss to Milan and the 3-1 loss to RM) this season were worse than the ones last season, but I'd still say we've been better this season.

wait after we lose a game due to missed chances and miserable defensive errors then we'll be cursing Rosell and Zubi for not getting us a CB last summer (we're already doing that anyway). If we make it through Bayern and do win the CL would be nothing short of a miracle IMO.

I don't think we'll have as big a problem with finishing this time, since we have someone who can score besides Messi in Villa. I can definitely see defensive errors costing us though.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

We have been more consistent this season but the defence is much worse and that makes us much more vulnerable against the big teams then we ever were last year.

Home of Barca Fans