10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Finally some sense in this thread. Some hotheads and knee-jerks here really need to calm the fuck down.
I just cant understand how they think. I really cant.

Its not even emotional shit since some of them have called for hin to be sold before, despite of him being our best or top 3 players.

Which BIG club in the world sells their best player just because he dont have an absolutely crazy season?

Some people are spoiled and that big time and they will only realise Messi's influence when he retires or leaves (which I hope he doesnt).

Anyway, their opinions and thoughts. Difficult for me to understand.....

Think im gonna take a break from the forum now..... its sad.

MessiNeymar

imo we shlould give up to compare him to Maradona and his WC 86.
It's not that winning a WC means this player is better than that player. Otherwiese every player (Maradona, Cruijff, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Di Stefano,.......) is weak compared to Pele who won 3 WC. Ridiculous.

Just that stat proves how useless the players around him were this WC and he created chances like he always does, created the most chances in the WC by a little

Affiae

Disgusting posts. Messi deserves a better team, both in Barca and Argentina. Have you forgotten how he saved us more than any player in barca history? Last years la Liga title was practically won by him.

slim boogy

Not sure why you guys would even go on twitter if you're a barca fan and fan of messi.

Cristiano fans, real madrid fans, premier league fans who think he should go there to prove himself are all going to abuse him. Waste of time getting angered by their nonsense.

I feel sorry for the boy. I seriously doubt he's become lazy. I think he's physically wrecked. If he were clever he would of used the cristiano tactic of letting the world know he isn't fully fit but he's too much of a man for that.

dakt

imo we shlould give up to compare him to Maradona and his WC 86.
It's not that winning a WC means this player is better than that player. Otherwiese every player (Maradona, Cruijff, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Di Stefano,.......) is weak compared to Pele who won 3 WC. Ridiculous.

good point

AzaR

Never been more devastated for a player after a defeat. Been Argentina's best attacking threat this tournament, Higuain, Aguero (not fully fit im aware) and palacio (so bad) were all poor.

He should be proud though, he lead his team to a world cup final. Still up there with Maradona, if not better.

And by the way are people still of the belief that he's lazy and uninterested? Is it not something painstakingly obvious that something physically is holding him back? I'm just hoping that it's a matter of getting a pre season behind him or the opportunity for him to rest.

I just want him to be back to how he was prior to his injury :(

Galning

Yeah, that's not happening. Question though. When did Messi become one of the most hated players on twitter/internet? Shocking to see, people actively wanting him to fail and/or happy he failed. Was it when Pep left? The tide turned

It's because in the past he destroyed every team with Barça and broke every record. They had no chance to have a dig at him. The internet always hates famous people, no matter how nice or good you actually are.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I just cant understand how they think. I really cant.

Its not even emotional shit since some of them have called for hin to be sold before, despite of him being our best or top 3 players.

Which BIG club in the world sells their best player just because he dont have an absolutely crazy season?

Some people are spoiled and that big time and they will only realise Messi's influence when he retires or leaves (which I hope he doesnt).

Anyway, their opinions and thoughts. Difficult for me to understand.....

Think im gonna take a break from the forum now..... its sad.

I'm with you and trust me no matter how much you try, this will continue. It's better we just ignore.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nope. I won't sell Messi until I'm absolutely sure he his well past his prime. I'll wait another season to convince myslef.

'past his prime' Messi still shits on pretty much every player in football. Saying he's gone down a level from his best is the truth, but nowhere does it translate into selling him. Just because he's playing like less of a deity at the moment doesn't mean that he's toxic to the club and must go.

xxxxxx

Disgusting posts. Messi deserves a better team, both in Barca and Argentina. Have you forgotten how he saved us more than any player in barca history? Last years la Liga title was practically won by him.

Spot on.

The talk of us selling him is really insulting. If we lost Messi, we would suffer for a long time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As i said the "s" word can be talked about only if Messi has another season like this. To write him off now is stupid but its possible(I hope to God not) that he just doesnt have anything left in the tank anymore. Sad to say but it happens to the best of them (ala Ronny(. Lets just hope he proves us all wrong and wins us the CL next year to soothe his pain
I am confident and sure that he still has it in him. He has not exactly lost his burst, his shooting has not gotten particulary worse, his dribbling has not gone downhill. He is still a great passer.

His conditioning is not great and it looks like he needs a break, but im confident he still can come back to his best. The things he is missing is not exactly the most difficult thing to fix although it also depends on person to person.

This talk of a decline and these talk of a sale and this brainless or should I say braindead posts about him being shit(where the hell do these guys even come from?) and what not is something I still dont agree with. Im not a fanboy, if he doesnt do well then I criticise him, but I just dont get all this talk............

Antimadridista1

Messi is and will always be the best. What matters is that we know inside of us that this is true.

I just hope that this final won't be a step back in his career in terms of the level he'll have next season. I hope that he'll be more hungry than ever to win everything next season, take his revenge after two/three bad years, in terms of titles.

Vamos Leo !!

serghei

Messi owes a lot to Barcelona. Let's not forget that part. Posts like this one make me look as if I don't like Messi, when, in fact, I do.

It's just that I feel compelled to answer to this tendency of puting Messi in front of Barca, done by people that are present on this forum, probably just because Messi happens to be playing for Barca atm. Barca is bigger than Messi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans