10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Flaco

The story of how Sudan's president Omar al-Basheer was tricked by some random woman with a Messi T-shirt

First off, apologies for the title gore. Sudan's president is Omar Al Bashir. You might know him as the guy who manages to evade the ICC every single time. Or "Sdan..... Uhh Darfur right?

So some random lady named Elisa Plasco tells the president that she is an employee at Barcelona FC and that Messi, Neymar, and that Barcelona wanted to give Sudanese President Omar Al Bashir a signed Messi T-shirt thanking him for his efforts in stuff and for his skills at being a president.

So Omar goes "Damn I'm hotshit" and poses with the woman and his signed t-shirt..... Then he goes off about how he always admired Barcelona and how they're a great club and how NINETY FUCKIN PERCENT of Sudanese people support Barcelona....

Then he just goes on about how he'll support the national team and shit. So the papers start to show off about Al Bashir is the first Arab president to receive such a thing and that he deserves it and that he slayed seven evil dragons and so on.

You probably figured out how this ended. Barcelona comes out saying we never gave this dude a signed t shirt and that this Elisa Plasco isn't even an employee at Barcelona and this whole thing is a big fraud.

Messi comes out and I'm pretty sure when the reporter asked him "Did you give Omar Al Bashir Corrupt Sudanese President a signed t shirt?" He answered " who the fuck is Homer el Bitcheer?"

Turns out the lady owned an investment company and she tried to get close with the authorities by pulling off this stunt.

Just read this from r/soccer

Hilarious story :lol:

dakt

He's amazing in play-making, but his striking abilities are slowly fading away. I think he needs to regain more confidence in that part of the play.

Albo

He's amazing in play-making, but his striking abilities are slowly fading away. I think he needs to regain more confidence in that part of the play.

They aren't fading anywhere. He is constantly man-marked when attacking and Barcelona lack attacking force in midfield so he is helping them.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You never see his teammates setting him up for an easy shot, tap-in or a 1v1 with the keeper these days with Barcelona. Got to create his goals himself most of the time. Sad to say, but that's why I hope to see him back with Argentina soon. At least there he is being given goalscoring chances by his teammates.
It is probably more of a role that is being given to him by Lucho, but it is also a waste of the greatest finisher of all time, IMO.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You never see his teammates setting him up for an easy shot, tap-in or a 1v1 with the keeper these days with Barcelona. Got to create his goals himself most of the time. Sad to say, but that's why I hope to see him back with Argentina soon. At least there he is being given goalscoring chances by his teammates.

His workrate is bad and he often just doesn't arrive in the box, that's one of the reasons he doesn't have a lot of easy chances with Barca.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol:

It's the opposite brah..... He never finds any scoring chances with Argentina!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
:lol:

It's the opposite brah..... He never finds any scoring chances with Argentina!

It used to be the opposite, but not anymore. How many games did he play now without scoring for us? It's been too long. At the Copa America he looked like the GOAT goal scorer I used to know.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
His workrate is bad and he often just doesn't arrive in the box, that's one of the reasons he doesn't have a lot of easy chances with Barca.

No, it's because he is dropping deeper to provide for Neymar and Suarez. His workrate was never good to begin with, so that got nothing to do with this.

Wick

Messi scoring 35-40 goals pr season with 20+ assists is ideal. Don't need those 50+ goalscoring seasons any more, even though he could probably do it. He is best at scoring AND feeding Suárez and Neymar, and that's what he should keep doing. Keeps us balanced and unpredictable when he roams around, drops deep etc.

SeloBarca

It is probably more of a role that is being given to him by Lucho, but it is also a waste of the greatest finisher of all time, IMO.

Why i want a creative midfielder. Love Messis assists, but it hampers his attacking abilities always having to play midfielder.

Total-Football

what you are saying i get slayed for saying .. that's why i put on the signature " kilomters matter " underneath .. to save myself the energy of debating with emotional driven people about rational things .. like how running constantly offer more possibilites going forward and deny the opponent a lot of possibilities when pressing .. Messi is the most gifted footballer in the world .. the only reason Ronaldo score more nowdays is that messi don't bother moving a lot ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans