Douglas Costa

Acer

You didn't give any of these achievement-examples for Brahimi in your post. I said Brahimi hasnt shown anything at big stage, you ridiculed that . But you didnt say what he has shown us so far.

lol Brahimi was the player with most dribbles completed in la Liga in his last year at Granada. if you can't see the huge difference between the dribbling ability of Brahimi and Costa is your problem, I suggest you bought some glasses.

however: [youtube]vYwGOV5hVpI[/youtube]
[youtube]mWfkckI3g1M[/youtube]
[youtube]opMT3Kr3YF0[/youtube]

Acer

runner: [youtube]6tWoF4SUxEQ[/youtube]

dribblers:
[youtube]gutFs9lzZHs[/youtube]
[youtube]WM4O4Da4sDI[/youtube]
[youtube]1bgwmuQ2VwU[/youtube]
:worthy:
call me when Costa will be able to do something like these against a top team.

Last edited:

Yannik

lol Brahimi was the player with most dribbles completed in la Liga in his last year at Granada. if you can't see the huge difference between the dribbling ability of Brahimi and Costa is your problem, I suggest you bought some glasses.

The "most completed dribbles" is usually the one, who tries the most dribblings in the first place. Going with your head through the wall, isn't always the right way to go. Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases, last season the msot completed dribbles in Bundesliga have been completed by Bellarabi, wouldn't exactly call him worldclass though. Maybe it's Brahimi's decision-making that has kept most big clubs other than FC Porto away from signing him. Or Bayern from preferring Douglas Costa over him. (Or maybe they just didnt scout via YouTube-Compilations :rolleyes:)

And right now Douglas Costa has been voted as the best Bundesliga-player of 15/16 first leg in the Bundesliga.
Has brahimi done that in the portuguese "Primeira Liga" yet? Surely shouldnt be such a hard thing for a worldbeater like him.

Last edited:

Acer

The "most completed dribbles" is usually the one, who tries the most dribblings in the first place. Going with your head through the wall, isn't always the right way to go. Statistically it's the wrong way to go in most cases, last season the msot completed dribbles in Bundesliga have been completed by Bellarabi, wouldn't exactly call him worldclass though. Maybe it's Brahimi's decision-making that has kept most big clubs other than FC Porto away from signing him. Or Bayern from preferring Douglas Costa over him. (Or maybe they just didnt scout via YouTube-Compilations :rolleyes:)

And right now Douglas Costa has been voted as the best Bundesliga-player of 15/16 first leg in the Bundesliga.
Has brahimi done that in the portuguese "Primeira Liga" yet? Surely shouldnt be such a hard thing for a worldbeater like him.

i don't said that the stats prove who is the better dribbler and who is not, it was just to show you that you have no idea what you said if you think that Costa is better at dribbling than Brahimi(simple another galaxy in this aspect) or that Brahimi is not a great dribbler. The only player in Bayern who is better dribbler than Brahimi, is Ribery in top of the form. In his best days Ribery was probably the best dribbler in the world after Messi. Brahmi costs 50 milions it would have been perfect replacement for Ribery. Bayern is not a team that spends a lot of money so bought Costa, but i'm sure Bayern with Brahimi would be even better.

Last edited:

Yannik

i don't said that the stats prove who is the better dribbler and who is not, it was just to show you that you have no idea what you said if you think that Costa is better at dribbling than Brahimi(simple another galaxy in this aspect)

post-35884-that-dont-make-no-sense-gif-O-RZSo.gif

That's the most contradicting sentence I've heard today.
You are factually putting up a stat, and proving "who is the better dribbling" was the ONLY intention behind doing that. You are even raising him to "another galaxy" in the progress.

Last edited:

Acer

post-35884-that-dont-make-no-sense-gif-O-RZSo.gif

That's the most contradicting sentence I've heard today.
You are factually putting up a stat, and proving "who is the better dribbling" was the ONLY intention behind doing that. You are even raising him to "another galaxy" in the progress.
It is not contradictory because Costa is not a dribbler but a runner and i don't have put any stat.
Comments canceled for unknown reasons.
I don't want to waste any more time, if one has eyes to see, can see how Brahimi is in another universe in terms of dribbling, don't need explanations.
Ps: Bellarabi is also a better dribbler than Costa, who is not a dribbler, but a runner. you have to live with that, that is the reality.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Acer isn't necessarily wrong tbh. Douglas Costa probably plays with more flair than anyone in the world right now, but despite being a highly technical player his dribbling is generally a function of his acceleration. He pushes the ball and chases rather than controlling it at his feet, and he's successful because he has the type of burst that defenders cannot cope with. However, he isn't dribbling out of a box ala Messi, Verratti, Neymar, Boufal, Iniesta, etc.

Essentially, what Acer's arguing is that if Costa were 5 years older his dribbling ability would be hampered in a way that wouldn't be felt by a player with stronger close control. Though, I disagree with Costa not being a top player. I don't think he'll be as good for Selecao but he's an excellent club player.

Last edited:

Co0ter

What he is saying makes perfect sense. Costa isn't a great dribbler, he pushes the ball into space and beats his target with his pace to the ball. That is not dribbling.

Costa is a good and effective player, but he isn't a top class dribbler.

Yannik

What he is saying makes perfect sense. Costa isn't a great dribbler, he pushes the ball into space and beats his target with his pace to the ball. That is not dribbling.

Costa is a good and effective player, but he isn't a top class dribbler.

YawningWhiteItalianbrownbear.gif

prX0Zm.gif

DouglasCostawrecksHectorBellerin.gif

How is this not dribbling?
If I'd open a wikipedia article about "dribbling", this is what I get.
In sports, dribbling is maneuvering of a ball by a single player while moving in a given direction, avoiding defenders' attempts to intercept the ball.
Wikipedia isnt the best source but I'd be surprised if you actually managed to come up with a source disagreeing,

Jair Ventura

YawningWhiteItalianbrownbear.gif

prX0Zm.gif

DouglasCostawrecksHectorBellerin.gif

How is this not dribbling?
If I'd open a wikipedia article about "dribbling", this is what I get.

Wikipedia isnt the best source but I'd be surprised if you actually managed to come up with a source disagreeing,

In every clip you've posted Costa does exactly what Acer's describing. Versus:

Home of Barca Fans