Emre Mor

Trickykid

Been following him for a while, since he's from my national league. Big talent, but I'm genuinely surprised he went to a club like Dortmund. A middle club in Holland would've been the obvious choice, since he (his performances in the Danish league taken into consideration) is nowhere good enough for Dortmund yet. I'm guessing they're going to loan him out for at least a season.

khaled_a_d

What do you mean by this? I'd think it is the other way around? Wouldn't we be forced to overpay in order to secure players we want when the deadline is approaching fast, when we sign players late?

Also, if you choose to wait the chances of getting into a bidding war with other clubs are higher, if the player is good enough.

Look at how BVB bought Dembele. That is very intelligent way of doing business.

You have to take your time in negotiation.if a club accepted your 1st offer then you probably overpaid man.Just like we did with Arda deal. Atletico talked about how smooth the deal went.I don't want to see us doing that often
It isn't about waiting,our club rarely waits unless you belive in the garbade the media through,but it is about taking our time to finish deals and negotiate and to see what is available in the market.
Look at Benatia deal for example,in June Roma wanted 60M but in July they changed their mind and sold him for 27M.there are always good deal actually late in the market because of selling clubs changing their minds.
Again,I don't see anything wrong with the way we finish the deals timing and negotiating wise tbf.And it is easier for club like BVB to finish deals with teenagers than a club like Barca moving for many established players or even for prospect like Lemos whom Las Palmas bought for 2M but now want us to pay 10M more for him.
BTW,we had agreement for Davinson Sanchez smoothly with no one knowing anything but it was his agent who broke the deal.The way BVB finish deals is one of the ways we do it too

gasgas

You have to take your time in negotiation.if a club accepted your 1st offer then you probably overpaid man.Just like we did with Arda deal. Atletico talked about how smooth the deal went.I don't want to see us doing that often
It isn't about waiting,our club rarely waits unless you belive in the garbade the media through,but it is about taking our time to finish deals and negotiate and to see what is available in the market.
Look at Benatia deal for example,in June Roma wanted 60M but in July they changed their mind and sold him for 27M.there are always good deal actually late in the market because of selling clubs changing their minds.
Again,I don't see anything wrong with the way we finish the deals timing and negotiating wise tbf.And it is easier for club like BVB to finish deals with teenagers than a club like Barca moving for many established players or even for prospect like Lemos whom Las Palmas bought for 2M but now want us to pay 10M more for him.
BTW,we had agreement for Davinson Sanchez smoothly with no one knowing anything but it was his agent who broke the deal.The way BVB finish deals is one of the ways we do it too

arda had a buyout

Messi983

I've watched him first time against Slovenia. This kid has some serious skills and BVB is a good club for him to develop. He'll probably end up in Bayern in few years anyway.

BarçaBarça

Been following him for a while, since he's from my national league. Big talent, but I'm genuinely surprised he went to a club like Dortmund. A middle club in Holland would've been the obvious choice, since he (his performances in the Danish league taken into consideration) is nowhere good enough for Dortmund yet. I'm guessing they're going to loan him out for at least a season.

Yes, he has got some obvious skills and surely is something special, but he also has some bad attitude and questionable mentality (premature diving etc.).
The Danish league is really bad (compared to other leagues in Europe), so it is quite clear that he needs to develop other places than Dortmund before being ready to contribute for them.

Also, the reported fee was recordbreaking in the Danish league - I'm not convinced he is worth that (only proven Brøndby-quality like Daniel Agger is :D).

And a last bitter note, he could have been secured for the Danish national team, but our policy of not 'forcing a choice' on the young players meant we lost him to Turkey :facepalm:

Last edited:

Yannik

What's his work ethic like? Heard about some issues here and there where he refused to train, really hope he doesn't turn out like Quaresma or Ben Arfa.

BarçaBarça

What's his work ethic like? Heard about some issues here and there where he refused to train, really hope he doesn't turn out like Quaresma or Ben Arfa.

On the field he can be a little too hot-headed, he even got many yellow/red cards as U14/U15-player.
Lyngby, a club with one of the best reputations of youth-development in Denmark, released him from his contract because he was too difficult to handle, so he isn't exactly an easy player.
As far as I know it is not his work ethic as such, it is more that he is very determined and impatient, and therefore maybe gives up a little too fast if things isn't adjusted the way he wants it. That can lead to blaming the ref/teammates/bending the rules etc.. That said, I think he will be more humble in a bigger club, and he has already become more mature with the step from youth to senior-football according to his coaches.

Yannik

On the field he can be a little too hot-headed, he even got many yellow/red cards as U14/U15-player.
Lyngby, a club with one of the best reputations of youth-development in Denmark, released him from his contract because he was too difficult to handle, so he isn't exactly an easy player.
As far as I know it is not his work ethic as such, it is more that he is very determined and impatient, and therefore maybe gives up a little too fast if things isn't adjusted the way he wants it. That can lead to blaming the ref/teammates/bending the rules etc.. That said, I think he will be more humble in a bigger club, and he has already become more mature with the step from youth to senior-football according to his coaches.

So basically he's immature.
I think maybe someone like Aubameyang might help him who has found a great balance between extravagance and discipline. But I think Mor's additude also comes a little in handy with his falshy playstyle. He isn't scared and he doesn't play it safe. From what I've seen the guy will always look for the quickest way to a goalchance by dribbles or through balls, a constant threat like a Di Maria type of player. He should keep his extravagance and his flashyness on the pitch, just cut it out when it's not necessary, then he should be fine. Pacy teams like Dortmund or Klopp's Liverpool should fit him, I expect him to be either a huge hit that is even putting Ousmane Dembele to shame, or an absolute flop that is getting sold within just a year.

Trickykid

Was interviewed on Danish television today, where he explained that both he and his entire family are madridistas to the bone.
I hope he flunks badly at Dortmund

opjeoff

Well, there has been times where a Barca fan has gone to Madrid and vice versa. He plays too much like Messi for him to be a bad person.

Trickykid

Well, there has been times where a Barca fan has gone to Madrid and vice versa. He plays too much like Messi for him to be a bad person.

He's basically a run-of-the-mill midget dribbler that we've seen many, many times before.
Again, I've followed him in my national league since he broke through, and he's no doubt hugely talented, but please don't mention Messi in the same sentence. He was a world star at this age, while Emre Mor has been a hot and cold rotational player in a mediocre Danish club.

He's obviously not a bad person just because he's a madridista, but he's already shown more than a few times in his young career, that he can be trouble.

El Flaco

Was interviewed on Danish television today, where he explained that both he and his entire family are madridistas to the bone.
I hope he flunks badly at Dortmund

But wasn't Iniesta a Madridista as well in the past IIRC?

Also, Isco, Modric, Zidane (to take some few examples) had Barca as their favorite club before joined Real Madrid.

Who knows, perhaps Emre Mor actually join us and thus take the same path as the players above.

Trickykid

But wasn't Iniesta a Madridista as well in the past IIRC?

Also, Isco, Modric, Zidane (to take some few examples) had Barca as their favorite club before joined Real Madrid.

Who knows, perhaps Emre Mor actually join us and thus take the same path as the players above.

I don't know about Iniesta tbh. Could be.
Anyhow, I have no illusions that Mor will ever be good enough for us. Hell, as I've said before, I really don't think he's good enough for Dortmund as it is. Then again, Dortmund's scouts probably know know more than I do.

Home of Barca Fans