Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sorin

1-We don't know if we even after him. The player denied it,Roberto said before he isn't a fan of bringing players who left La Masia.
Remember last year when we were linked with Mustafi? even when everyone knew we are after Umtiti Catalan media kept saying Lucho want Mustafi and Roberto is trying to convince him with Umtiti. Bellerin is typically the guy the media would link to Barca. Position of need,Arsenal player and former La Masia

2-I think Bellerin has gone from being an overrated player to an underrated one,he is still a good RB and one of the top young talents in the position atm,younger than any other options btw.
I am not entertaining signing him,but I don't get the attitude of anyone but Bellerin.

3-While many players we signed from Arsenal didn't work out ,the truth is that most of them was signed for a reasonable fees considering their market value. From Henry (24M) to Vermaelen (10M + add-ons we were never gonna pay)
Porto and Benfica on the other hand are well known to sell with way over the market value. If -which as I said above I don't think it is true- we are after Bellerin I won't be surprised if the board think we can get him for same price as the others. Benfica is rumored to be asking for 50M for Semedo for example.

1. Fair enough. Still think something is there. Maybe it is the lazy journos linking us with a former La Masia player but there so many outlets doing it that i can't help but think that we are indeed interested.

2. Nobody underrates him, certainly not me. He is good but I think he is more suited to PL than La Liga. He is more pace than technique. While speed is very important in today's game, especially in a fullback's game, it is not the only attribute we need for a LB in Barcelona. I simply don't see him being able to do what is needed for him because his technique is average.

3. Like you said, Bellerin is not crazy for a move, stated last year and this year. He has a contract lasting until 2023. You mean to tell me he is going to move for anything less than a crazy fee? He's going to cost a bomb.
Those examples are players that wanted to move(Henry, Cesc etc.) or were injury prone(Vermaelen). Song and Vermaelen were too expensive for what they contributed. Nothing reasonable about millions thrown on useless players no matter how you spin it.

Neither Porto or Benfica are in stronger negotiation positions than Arsenal. I don't have to explain why.

Like I previously said, the main reason I really want us to steer clear of him is because he is lacking the necessary technique compared to others. Even if they all cost around the same ballpark i'd still pay Benfica's asking price before Arsenal's for Bellerin.

It's all in the air though.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona have until the end of the June to activate their €12m buyback clause to re-sign Gerard Deulofeu from Everton. (Source: AS)

Ascom

But why are people comparing Bellerin to Semedo?

Both will cost more or less the same, but Bellerin is a year younger, has experience with being in a line-up of a big team in a big league and someone from La Masia who already knows the club and many players. He would start playing well immediately

Statistically, both have more or less the same assists and the same goals, and in terms of defense Semedo has better statistics but also plays in the Portuguese league and Bellerin in Premier League...
I think it would be very serious if our board can't sign Bellerin, and signed Semedo instead, but Bartomeu and friends are such cunts that u never know.

Basho_toporskyi

Arrogance in transfer market?

A lot of great players are hoping to get signed by barcelona but the director would prefer chasing after uninterested players like Bellerin.
I mean: if Coutinho wants to stay with Liverpool get us Eriksen.
If Bellerin is going to be another Fabregas tale fetch Samedo
Seri has a €20M release clause, thats cheap!
If Dorrmund wont sell Dembele cheap fetch Mahrez who really wants to play in blue&red or bring Delofeu home.

Espacio

I am always writing Sidibe for right back
Now he is showing a very well performance against England with France national team

And i also want Coutinho
Coutinho and Sidibe is ok for me in this transfer season

GetIn

Nothing new this morning. Will be a along June methinks as I don't think Barca has a budget to announce new signings before July 1.

I really don't think it make a difference if they announce any new signings before July the 1st as the transfer window only officially opens on that date. Even if they decide to sign a player today it would only go through on the 1st at which point the new player would be able to legally join our club. Everything being announced right now has not been officially passed through yet.

springfield

Why would they wait until July 1? They have money now, it's not that on July 1 they get a special paycheck? Budget will only change if players are being sold. Transfer window is already open from June 1. But most big transfers don't happen in the first weeks. Players were also on international duty. Negotiations take time, talking with different persons, different clubs, waiting on decisions, negotiating final contract agreements with club, player, manager. This process can take weeks.

And a club can announce a player outside the transfer window. The player just can't be officially registered at the fifa. But no one can deny a company (football club) from hiring an employee (player).

xXKonan

They are waiting until July 1st, as it's the beginning of the new Financial year for Barca. it has been like this for awhile now.

There's a reason why the Messi Renewal and the announcement of Marlon's permanent signing haven't quite happen yet. Last season despite it being obvious we signed Umtiti, we had to wait until June 30/July 1 for us to announce it.

GetIn

They are waiting until July 1st, as it's the beginning of the new Financial year for Barca. it has been like this for awhile now.

There's a reason why the Messi Renewal and the announcement of Marlon's permanent signing haven't quite happen yet. Last season despite it being obvious we signed Umtiti, we had to wait until June 30/July 1 for us to announce it.

Really doesn't make any sense, even if we announce anything now it doesn't go through until July 1st since that is the date the transfer window officially opens and FIFA sanctions the transfers.

xXKonan

Really doesn't make any sense, even if we announce anything now it doesn't go through until July 1st since that is the date the transfer window officially opens and FIFA sanctions the transfers.
It's used to balance the books for the most part.

But it doesn't mean it should be used as an excuse though to not negotiate with players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We signed Umtiti before 1st July last season.

Right now it doesn't seem like we have anyone lined up. Umtiti story was first up in France and later confirmed in Barcelona.

We've had reports about Semedo only for them to be waived away by the press in BCN.

BCN press wanking over Bellerin, but the English media not reporting about any negotiations or us approaching Arsenal yet.

Now we also have reports in France about other teams trying to sign Seri which might mean that we've become passive when it comes to him.

I get that Robert might be hiding his cards, but it's highly unusual for certain stories to not be collaborated by both sides. A player's country and the local press.

Guess we just have to wait. Hope Seri, Naby Keita, and all the potential midfielders or right backs we can sign are not gone by then.

Home of Barca Fans