Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
probably because he only wants the $$$. there was a report a few days ago saying something along the lines of 'De Ligt trusts Raiola'

Yup. Otherwise he wouldn't have picked Raiola to be his agent in the first place. De Ligt clearly made maximizing his salaries and earnings a big priority.

Don Andrésº8

will be the best CB in 2 years but arcelona is ruled by madridistas and retards so he wont come, like i said with lolverde we will lose alot of transfers cause no one wants to be trained by this farmer without spine

Newcomer

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthijs de Ligt’s agent, Mino Raiola, is prioritizing a move to PSG over Barcelona for his client. [canal+] <a href="https://t.co/lW82YiB9RV">pic.twitter.com/lW82YiB9RV</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1134223063770206208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">30. Mai 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This guy has no source. He is only regurgitating what has been said in press or in twitter.

For me, it is clear. PSG has made de Ligt a priority. That is a given. But de Ligt has no made PSG a priority as far as i know. So, it is not really news worthy. Every club that wants to buy de Ligt has made him a priority.

I see that what i had imagined is really happening : it is de Jong transfer 2.0.

Newcomer

probably because he only wants the $$$. there was a report a few days ago saying something along the lines of 'De Ligt trusts Raiola'

Well, when you hire Raiola, you want the best contract possible.

I don't blame the guy. de Jong did the same and milked it as much as possible. Only chose Barcelona when they upped their offer big time and even promised him guaranteed playing time by selling players.

In fact, de Ligt is a very good professional footballer by the look of it. He gives his heart out when he plays for the club he is contracted to. He puts out good performances so that he is wanted by all the big clubs. He is right imo about seeking the best deal possible for himself.

I mean he is not a Barça academy player so he is, by essence, a mercenary. He will squeeze out as much money as possible and will try to get guaranteed times like de Jong and will sign for Barça. It is up to the club to give him reassurance the same way they did with de Jong.

Newcomer

Because he is either waiting for us to budge and offer higher wages and commissions (which we won't) to match those from probably Manchester United and PSG or he is mulling picking one of those clubs. Raiola wants him to pick PSG or Manchester United because they pay more, we will see what De Ligt's decision is. I personally think the longer we wait, the more there is an increasingly chance that he will sign with one of those.

Not necessarily true.

Look at Donnarumma. He stayed at Milan AC after they made the club think he would sign for another top teams and made them "overpay" for him to stay.

Same tactics here. Forcing de Ligt chosen club to up their offer before accepting to sign.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not necessarily true.

Look at Donnarumma. He stayed at Milan AC after they made the club think he would sign for another top teams and made them "overpay" for him to stay.

Same tactics here. Forcing de Ligt chosen club to up their offer before accepting to sign.

You are actually saying exactly what I was saying, De Ligt and Raiola want us to up our offer. But we already know we won't so the ball is on their court, they either accept the lower offer and sign with us or choose the higher offer and sign with you guys or Manchester United. Our only difference is I think he will go with the higher offer because of Raiola's demands. De Ligt is probably having a hard time choosing between PSG and Manchester United. PSG has CL Manchester United doesn't but Manchester United probably offers even more than you guys did.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, when you hire Raiola, you want the best contract possible.

I don't blame the guy. de Jong did the same and milked it as much as possible. Only chose Barcelona when they upped their offer big time and even promised him guaranteed playing time by selling players.

In fact, de Ligt is a very good professional footballer by the look of it. He gives his heart out when he plays for the club he is contracted to. He puts out good performances so that he is wanted by all the big clubs. He is right imo about seeking the best deal possible for himself.

I mean he is not a Barça academy player so he is, by essence, a mercenary. He will squeeze out as much money as possible and will try to get guaranteed times like de Jong and will sign for Barça. It is up to the club to give him reassurance the same way they did with de Jong.

Do you have any proof for this? How much did we originally offer? How much did PSG offer? The way I understood it we never officially put an offer on the table before Bartomeu went to Amsterdam to meet with De Jong. I am not saying money didn't play any role in De Jong's decision to sign with us but the fact that he is a Barca fan definitely helped, which is not the case with De Ligt.

And says who we promised him guaranteed playing time? Since he signed with us he has said in multiple interviews that he will work hard to earn his playing time. As to selling players, just some random tweet alleging that Bartomeu told De Jong that two players would be sold, to me it was all BS stuff. Who leaked it to the guy who broke it? Bartomeu? De Jong?

Last edited:

Givenchy

United are desperate so will offer ridiculous wages, Raiola also likes to have his way with them so they will also pay the most in agent fees.

Barca and PSG don't have a desperate NEED for De Ligt, our CB depth is better than its ever been but this was more a case of 'too good to miss out on' type deal

i do find it hilarious on twitter that United fans are saying he'd only want a move to PSG for the money, very ironic considering the only reason a player of this caliber would join United is 100% for the money. at PSG he has a chance at a CL atleast

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i do find it hilarious on twitter that United fans are saying he'd only want a move to PSG for the money, very ironic considering the only reason a player of this caliber would join United is 100% for the money. at PSG he has a chance at a CL atleast

Well, Manchester United plays in the Premier League and De Ligt does seem to like the EPL a lot so that could be a big factor. But yes, money would be the No.1 factor here if he does choose Manchester United.

Ajax

I think playing time is a bigger issue for him then salary. Perhaps they are stalling to see an outgoing transfer first. Can imagine Barca couldnt promise that so wait and see

Stil find the combo of De Ligt and Raiola weird. Doesnt match. Officially raiola is hired to make the deal and Barry Hulshof is his manager. I cant imagune that fat fcuck caring about that though

Magyarkhan

I think playing time is a bigger issue for him then salary. Perhaps they are stalling to see an outgoing transfer first. Can imagine Barca couldnt promise that so wait and see

Stil find the combo of De Ligt and Raiola weird. Doesnt match. Officially raiola is hired to make the deal and Barry Hulshof is his manager. I cant imagune that fat fcuck caring about that though

Indeed Mathijs is smart ... for me i am confident its already settled he will go to barca.... remember just before de jong were signed. Mathijs will skip millions over playing time.

Catta

It won't be the end of the world if we don't get him. Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet and Todibo is good enough for next season. I have high hopes for Todibo, he could become an elite CB.

Home of Barca Fans