10 - Lionel Messi - V6

raskolnikov

We will see about the walking vs Lyon. If its a choice then it should be fine. Basically he can do his walking/resting approach in 85% of the matches and we would need him to turn it up in like 8 matches a year. And even then he can relax once we are leading.

If he is unable though its a problem. Since he doesnt want to be rested and took it badly when he got criticised for it in 2014. He said something among the lines of “ if the fans want me gone I will go” while its more like everyone worships you, just give us a spurs match level commitment in cricial features In cl ko matches and classico’s.

clemente

We will see about the walking vs Lyon. If its a choice then it should be fine. Basically he can do his walking/resting approach in 85% of the matches and we would need him to turn it up in like 8 matches a year. And even then he can relax once we are leading.

If he is unable though its a problem. Since he doesnt want to be rested and took it badly when he got criticised for it in 2014. He said something among the lines of “ if the fans want me gone I will go” while its more like everyone worships you, just give us a spurs match level commitment in cricial features In cl ko matches and classico’s.

what the fuck is this shit, when did he respond to his "walking critiques" by saying that he will leave if fans don't want him?

Arizona Scott

what the fuck is this shit, when did he respond to his "walking critiques" by saying that he will leave if fans don't want him?

The whole premise of his point is nuts. That messi would willingly pass up cups for argentina and trophies for barca just so he can get some extra walking in and not hustle more.

Rather i trust messi he is doing all within human limits to maximize his impact on a match/tournament/season, within the context of winning trophies with cumulative matches every 3-4 days or long seasons.

raskolnikov

Here’s a source from around that time on the subject:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/lionel-messi-on-arrival-in-argentina-if-barcelona-people-doubt-me-or-prefer-me-to-leave-i-have-no-problem-with-that-video/

KingLeo10

Nah, leo already lost duel vs cr7 when it comes to CL, unless leo with barca defend cl title and go for the 3rd in a row, i wouldnt even bother until them

definition of duel: when two individuals face off H2H

Messi literally beat CR7 H2H in a CL final when CR7 was the ballon d'or holder.

and then again in a CL semi final: El clasico.

:lol:

you shouldn't bother posting if you're going to hold ridiculous criteria like "only if barca defend CL and go for 3rd in a row".

Home of Barca Fans