10 - Lionel Messi - V6

raskolnikov

After reading his interview im 100% sure he will never leave. His whole life is set in barcelona with the kids going to school and having friends here.
He wont do to them what happened to him as a kid and force them to another country.

This man just wants to play football forever. Its all he knows. It will be very tough for him to adjust to a life outside of it in a few years.
Ho wont coach or be a pundit so whats left? Sitting at home all day also doesnt suit him.
Maybe train youth in la masia, be an ambassador for barca and play legend matches several times a year.
I Hope he can postpone his retirement till age 40 like totti

Pedro

La Masia
Massive day for Leo today
[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
His interview further confirmed that he's lost his ruthless streak and would rather play with an incunbert Suarez and mediocre coach then someone who will do what ever it takes to win. He's just here to enjoy the remainder of his playing time with his friends. His attitude is similar to a lot of the seniors and this an issue for the club. I think removing Suarez and a few older players will send the right message to the remainder of the squad and might reignite the old Messi determination and ruthlessness.

serghei

His interview further confirmed that he's lost his ruthless streak and would rather play with an incunbert Suarez and mediocre coach then someone who will do what ever it takes to win. He's just here to enjoy the remainder of his playing time with his friends. His attitude is similar to a lot of the seniors and this an issue for the club. I think removing Suarez and a few older players will send the right message to the remainder of the squad and might reignite the old Messi determination and ruthlessness.

We are not going to be really competitive for a few years more in Europe with the current crap leadership, and by competitive I mean playing in a way as to win the whole thing. Bartomeu, Valverde, Messi, the rest of the seniors... Some of these guys have become jaded, too lazy and comfortable.

They had the mentality and the hunger, and they lost it due to age and mileage. Some of the others like Valverde never had it to begin with. They are just too damn average and scared to change anything.

We are a mixture of lazy superstars who've lost the edge, and coward incompetents. The talented youngsters are caught in the middle. The ones who can change things have the spine of a mollusc.

We are basically doing the same things hoping for a different result, in the hope that Messi saves us. In the Champions League, it has been proven these years that Messi can't do it on his own.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

It usually happens when you have children for most normal people. They mellow down and realize there is more to life.
Messi said he keeps playing till he no longer enjoys. Pissing him off by selling Suarez directly would only piss him off.
Its better to phase him out by first being subbed more Often.

Also we really needed to win a cl to reinstall/reinforce his love for the game. It all been pretty shit since 2011 bar that one treble year.
Sure la liga is great but he must be used to it. Another cl or something with Argentina other than pain would be great. I would hate for him to say fck it and quit sooner than he needs to because he doesnt win the biggest prizes anymore.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
It usually happens when you have children for most normal people. They mellow down and realize there is more to life.
Messi said he keeps playing till he no longer enjoys. Pissing him off by selling Suarez directly would only piss him off.
Its better to phase him out by first being subbed more Often.

Well that wont work because its pretty obvious Suarez and co are fucking delusional and think they're still amazing players at the top of their game, it also seems like they decide who plays and when. This is probably one of the main reasons that Valverde has been backed and supported by the players.

I would hate for him to say fck it and quit sooner than he needs to because he doesnt win the biggest prizes anymore.

This club has bent over backwards to accommodate him and he should really realise how lucky he truely is to be in the situation he is in. It seems like money is a major issue for him and he knows that he really should make as much as he can since he's approaching the twilight years of his career. In the end i don't think he will quit, he may be pissed off but he wont walk out on us because of his family etc. I think a pissed off/angry messi might drive him even more.

ebc_99

Messi will win it easy, VVD has no chance. Winning the Champions League doesn't mean you deserve the Ballon d'Or, plus they have to make up for the embarrassment last year of putting Messi 5th.

serghei

I think ballon d'or is locked for Messi, golden shoe and champions league top scorer (12 goals), plus Liga title.

One of Liverpool's players will win it I think. Van Dijk has a great chance. A defender hasn't won it in almost 20 years.

Van Dijk this season deserves it more than Modric did last year so...

Not that I care. It's mostly a meaningless award...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
After reading his interview im 100% sure he will never leave. His whole life is set in barcelona with the kids going to school and having friends here.
He wont do to them what happened to him as a kid and force them to another country.

This man just wants to play football forever. Its all he knows. It will be very tough for him to adjust to a life outside of it in a few years.
Ho wont coach or be a pundit so whats left? Sitting at home all day also doesnt suit him.
Maybe train youth in la masia, be an ambassador for barca and play legend matches several times a year.
I Hope he can postpone his retirement till age 40 like totti

On one hand it is great news for us as long as he can maintain his level (or not declining too much), on the other hand it is a curse too since him staying longer will postpone our rebuild and his wage will become even higher which does not help our wage bill situation at all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans