Gonzalo Higuain

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gonzo missed a couple of great chances last night, no doubt...But to lay blame on him?...I don't see it really...It's a team game and they generated zero chances in the 2nd half when they needed it - can't put that all on Gonzo either

Then again, if you're going to play the counter game, then you have to hope you either make the most of your few chances or generate as many chances as possible...Every striker misses chances...Every one of them

Spot on. They really produced so little in the second half. And Higuain hardly misses as he has the best strike rate in Primera and beyond. So to judge him on a single miss... Well, you just don't do it.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
No one is blaming it solely on Higuain it's just that, if he had scored that chance, the game would have been changed..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not necessarily, as Lyon scored that away goal that would take them through. It's not like Higuain missed the last minute sitter that would have taken them through or wasted a handful of opportunities. His miss discussion is indicative at how few chances Madrid really had as there's not much to talk about. Lyon missed some amazing sitters though. Those could have gone in as well...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Spot on. They really produced so little in the second half. And Higuain hardly misses as he has the best strike rate in Primera and beyond. So to judge him on a single miss... Well, you just don't do it.
Have you seen his strike rate in Europe this year?

He scored two goals ... versus Zurich. If he faced a better team, it's game over. He can't cut it in Europe and his Primera rate doesn't count in that competition. He is one of the best there, undoubtedly, but he is worse than Zlatan in Europe. You know, our worst player ever.

And surely Higuain takes the largest part of the blame. The 2 biggest chances in two minutes blown to hell. (I don't have a problem with him shooting that second by the way, but if you shoot, you need to score or show responsibility. Simple as that) Real did create the chances when needed but Higuain failed. Second half the whole team was worse and of course it isn't his fault that they concede a goal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Have you seen his strike rate in Europe this year?

Yes I have. But he wasn't played as a striker in every match. In fact if he started the match as a striker it was in 3 matches tops.
As for his La Liga goal per minute figure. There's not a striker in major league that tops him.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
But if when we asked you to reconsider which role Zlatan had to play a few months ago, that's too much asked.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What role is that? Standing and waiting being caught offside or standing as a target man who can't brake buses?
Ahh. So that was it. Zlatan behind it all. Nice.. Can't let Higuain look better than Ibra can we! :lol:

barca96

ronaldo is going to butt-**** in the shower i think.
btw, i think Higuain should not have said some unkind words to his fellow country men just to defend Ramos.
Ramos was being disrespectful in the first place. He got what he deserved

Beast

The Observer
Damn it i wrote a long post and my wi/fi connection was lost along with the post after i pressed reply ..

anyhow Gonzalo is a great kid , a talented , hardworking , down to earth kid he is loved and adored by every Madridista in Spain and outside
last night there another Gonzalo
last couple of weeks Higuain received praise like never before , shinning among big super stars and getting on top of everyone else.
Higuain believed the hype , he entered the game looking for Higuain for the first time Higuain put himself above the team , he lost focus and was selfish .
the normal Higuain would have scored the first attempt with ease and passed the second to the free to score Cristiano .
he was looking for number 1 and that's why he received part but not all the blame .
not for missing the chance hardly but not for not being the Gonzalo Higuain the Madridista love .
U won't find any Madridista talk about Higuain missing two crisp chances in Stade Gerland (the backheel from Cristiano and the one on one with Lloris ) or Seville game .. but we will talk about last night selfish Gonzalo who disappointed us with his performance
Make no mistake no one is turning on him but as much as a player receive praise when he deserve it , he will also receive shit from the fans when he deserve it and last night he truly deserve it .

for his first time selfishness I (we ) am upset from Gonzalo but no one is asking for his head but for him to remember why we all loved this hard working , nerves of steel , clinical finisher.

And for the record the fans blame (Video available on AS ) Kaka,Guti,Raul

He is a young kid , he is not a choker in the CL Gonzalo improve each year ,
this season it was the first time to score in the CL , next year he will add to his telly cause he always work on the aspects of his games and he is a great learner

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
What role is that? Standing and waiting being caught offside or standing as a target man who can't brake buses?
Ahh. So that was it. Zlatan behind it all. Nice.. Can't let Higuain look better than Ibra can we! :lol:
Not at all, Higuain is clearly performing better in Spain than Zlatan.
I used zlatan because he is the same up till now: scoring domestic, not in Europe.

But it seems some players are allowed to and others not.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not at all, Higuain is clearly performing better in Spain than Zlatan.
I used zlatan because he is the same up till now: scoring domestic, not in Europe.

But it seems some players are allowed to and others not.

I'm sorry but 12 million and 70 million signing and 16 Higuain goals to Ibra's 12 while the Swede played 5 full matches more is not the same actually. And in CL Higuain played less and often as a winger.
Btw. How many off games did Higuain had this season as compared to Ibra?
Quite amusing.

Home of Barca Fans