Iker Casillas

I

instinct

What's with the latest rumours? Is he really joining PSG this summer? I read the rumour everywhere. Maybe there is someone who knows a little more..

Egert

Estonian Culé
An Estonian facebook site "Twinsoccer" managed to ask questions from Iker Casillas. They sent the questions yesterday, I'll post some answers here when the answers arrive.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Interview with Casillas!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Why do you like football and what motivated you?
Casillas: Football has always fascinated me. The beauty of the game stole my heart. My biggest motivation was my family.

2.Have you always wanted to be a goalkeeper or did you favor any other position?
Casillas: When I was a child, I wanted to be a striker like any other kid but I wasn't good enough in that position.

3.What did you feel, when Sergio Ramos scored that goal in 93th minute in the final?
Casillas: It is impossible to describe. It was one of the biggest highlights in my life.

4.What did you feel, when you realized that Diego Lopez was now 1st choice and you were 2nd choice?
Casillas: It made me train harder and fight for my spot. I wasn't mad at him or anyone else. To be the best you will need to train harder and harder. I like competition.

5.Would you like to end your career in Madrid? If not then where?
Casillas: Yes. I am 101% Madrista.

6.Describe Real Madrid between 2001-2002 when players like Roberto Carlos, Zinedine Zidane, Raul and Luis Figo were playing for the team. Would you like to be playing with superteam that you have now with legends, who were in the team back then?
Casillas: In 10 years players, who are playing now, will also be legends. If I would have to choose, I would pick the team I am playing with now.

7.What comes to your mind when you are going to face Messi? (MY QUESTION)!
Casillas: To be honest my head is clear/empty when I am on the field - I am focused and I'll give 100%. He is like any other striker. Their mission is defeat me, my mission is to defeat them.

8.Would you like to see Suarez joining Real this summer?
Casillas: My job isn't making decisions and when it isn't my job then my opinion isn't important. He is a good players and Real always has good players.

9.Do you hope that you son will be an goalkeeper like you?
Casillas: No, I don't hope that. I would like him to do whatever he wants. I won't try to make a goalkeeper of him - maybe he wants to be a doctor, who knows. If he wants to become an footballer, I'll support him.

10.What has been your best moment in your career? Winning the World Cup, UEFA EURO or UEFA Champions League?
Casillas: None of them. My best moment in my life is when my son was born.

11.What do you plan to do after your career? Will you start a job as coach or you'll concentrate on your family for the rest of your life?
Casillas: I don't plan to end my career in near future.

12.What do you think of Atletico's goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and do you think he can surpass you as one of the best goalkeepers?
Casillas: He is one of the best goalkeepers, very young and very talented. I am 100% sure that he will surpass me, when he continues to work hard like right now.

13.How much and what do you know about and what do you remember about Estonia?
Casillas: Unfortunately I don't know much about Estonia. Your capital Tallinn is very beautiful and I would like to visit it in again soon.

So it was the interview with Iker Casillas. They picked the best questions and sent them to Casillas. I'm not the best translator so please respect my hard work translating this to English.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's finished. No concentration, hunger or desire. He's won everything there was to win. Thank you for your beautiful Madrid career Iker. Go retire in LA.

F

Flavia

He's finished. No concentration, hunger or desire. He's won everything there was to win. Thank you for your beautiful Madrid career Iker. Go retire in LA.

Ned 5th goal was comical. He was in lala land.

El Gato

Villarato!
Doesn't matter. He's been a legend for longer than most keepers in history. Decline is not surprising given he only lived for the Decima these days. He honestly should do what Raul did, just a lot earlier. It would be so much better for him, Real Madrid and Spain.

Home of Barca Fans