Antoine Griezmann

JamDav1982

His average position is behind Costa even when Atletico have the ball.

I watch Tottenham and Kane would be perfect. Tall, he can score headers, doesn't fuck up in the build-up and he is a great passer just like Griezmann.

Kane is not a 'great passer' and doubt youn watch much if claiming that.

You cant get your head round that anyone who is not a pure no.9 leading the line is not a 'second striker'.

Anyway you have told us how much of a disaster it will be and I disagree. Can see either way if he signs.

Joan

I don't watch Liverpool that much so I don't know how Firmino really plays.

I've said 10 times that Kane would be perfect.

That is fine.

But, where would you play Messi then?

Dembele - Kane/Lewa/Higuain - Messi?

Looks good on paper but what happens when Messi cuts inside? No switching positions, not enough fluidity. But we could cross, I admit.

Griezmann and Messi will combine very well. It is true that Griezmann often tracks back to help the buildup and pressing, he creates a lot but it's not like he's never played as the main striker. In fact, when he sends the pass and opens space, he usually comes in time to finish it.

Stoichkov1

That is fine.

But, where would you play Messi then?

Dembele - Kane/Lewa/Higuain - Messi?

Looks good on paper but what happens when Messi cuts inside? No switching positions, not enough fluidity. But we could cross, I admit.

Griezmann and Messi will combine very well. It is true that Griezmann often tracks back to help the buildup and pressing, he creates a lot but it's not like he's never played as the main striker. In fact, when he sends the pass and opens space, he usually comes in time to finish it.

Just like Messi who sends the pass to Alba and then comes into the area to finish it.

Messi is a brilliant crosser and with Kane he would finally have someone who can score headers.

JamDav1982

Just like Messi who sends the pass to Alba and then comes into the area to finish it.

Messi is a brilliant crosser and with Kane he would finally have someone who can score headers.

Messi wont stand out on wing crossing it to a CF.

Dont understand the way and areas Messi wants to play in if claim that.

Kane is impossible to get anyway so pointless argument.

JamDav1982

Doubt that anyone who isn't a great passer can make passes like those shown in the video.

Haha absolutely they can.

Even then those passes once in a blue moon are nothing special and does not equate to a 'great passer'

Suarez himself this season could have a video that demolishes that and his passing been fucking awful for most part.

Stoichkov1

Messi wont stand out on wing crossing it to a CF.

Dont understand the way and areas Messi wants to play in if claim that.

Kane is impossible to get anyway so pointless argument.

No Messi operates centrally but sometimes he's on the right and cuts to the centre and would be able to cross to Kane just like shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsQO_Kyuuo(min 0.41).

There are also set pieces and corners which Messi usually takes.

Joan

I'd take Griezmann over Kane, to be frank. Better player, IMO.

Like Messi will want to stay on the wing.

Griezmann often tracks back to help the team often doing the creation but it doesn't mean that it'll be the same here nor that it won't come in handy.

JamDav1982

No Messi operates centrally but sometimes he's on the right and cuts to the centre and would be able to cross to Kane just like shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsQO_Kyuuo(min 0.41).

Haha no Messi will never look to play in a system where he goes right and does that with any great regularity.

Kane does not suit Messi at all and impossible so irrelevant.

Stoichkov1

Haha absolutely they can.

Even then those passes once in a blue moon are nothing special and does not equate to a 'great passer'

Suarez himself this season could have a video that demolishes that and his passing been fucking awful for most part.

Doubt it.

Anyway even if he isn't a great passer like you say he's still a better passer than every other striker on the planet. Cavani, Lewandowski, Higuain etc. are not as good as him at passing.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

You're seriously citing a video from 2011 to reference how Messi plays nowdays?

Set pieces and corners? What a great 3 extra header goals per season we'll have! Wonderful!

Griezmann is a much more mobile player than Kane, much better at associative play, a much more clinical finisher (probably a top 3-5 finisher in all of football), and a much better fit culturally in our squad.

Stoichkov1

Haha no Messi will never look to play in a system where he goes right and does that with any great regularity.

Kane does not suit Messi at all and impossible so irrelevant.

The point is that he doesn't have to stay on the wing to cross, he can cross also from central positions just like James Rodriguez.

JamDav1982

Doubt it.

Anyway even if he isn't a great passer like you say he's still a better passer than every other striker on the planet. Cavani, Lewandowski, Higuain etc. are not as good as him at passing.

No he is nowhere near being a 'great passer' and better passer than every striker on planet.

He is decent on ball.

You fucking love Higauin and mentioned him as a player a few posts back which says it all. Then spoke about players you dont even watch.

Kane wont sign anyway so all good.

The point is that he doesn't have to stay on the wing to cross, he can cross also from central positions just like James Rodriguez.

Haha ffs ok.

Home of Barca Fans