10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Saviola (ex-Barcelona -Madrid): "Because of the sole fact we can see Messi play, we should be grateful and happy to live in this century."

:worthy:

J

jiopi

Hugo Sotil (Copa America 1975): "Messi deserves to win the Ballon d'Or for several more years. Barça's game is fantastic, wonderful."

Hugo Sotil (ex-Barcelona): "I've played with geniuses like Maradona, Pele,... but for me Leo Messi is the best player ever."

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Hugo Sotil was one of Peru's greatest legends, he'd have been legendary everywhere if alcohol didn't ruin his career. One of Barcelona's all time most underrated players too, for a while the second best player on Cruyff's team before his personal life became a distraction.

EL+CHOLO.jpg

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Video: Messi panna vs Ronaldinho panna http://youtu.be/c8HvJL5W4Qk

:wub:
The nod has to go to Ronnie here imo. His longer limbs made him do the most extreme eye-popping stuff with the panna. However, Messi being the small size (smaller limbs) that he is should get huge credit for even being able to compete with him in this. A lot of those pannas Ronnie would push the defender off with his body, whereas Messi is too small and physically incapable (well...) well maybe not incapable (Zaragoza Goal) but less physically capable let's put it that way to go head up with defenders and move past them without risking an injury.

Ronnie :wub:

K

kroki223

The nod has to go to Ronnie here imo. His longer limbs made him do the most extreme eye-popping stuff with the panna. However, Messi being the small size (smaller limbs) that he is should get huge credit for even being able to compete with him in this. A lot of those pannas Ronnie would push the defender off with his body, whereas Messi is too small and physically incapable (well...) well maybe not incapable (Zaragoza Goal) but less physically capable let's put it that way to go head up with defenders and move past them without risking an injury.

Ronnie :wub:

I like Messi's panna more! I don't know that Messi studied it from Ronnie, because Messi played in Argentina andhe was very good at technics. Physically Ronnie is better, that's true. A lot of times Messi doesn't want to fight physically with the defenders, because of injuries, like you have written.

CatalinR10

I wonder if someday he will get sick of all this ,, Messi can't play without Iniesta and Xavi " crap and go to a big club in England or Italy / Germany and score 50 goals in his first season :messi:

X

xaviniesta

I wonder if someday he will get sick of all this ,, Messi can't play without Iniesta and Xavi " crap and go to a big club in England or Italy / Germany and score 50 goals in his first season :messi:

and what the hell does that prove anyway?

i just laugh at you guys who go crazy about these comments in first place...

J

jiopi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOSwI3oI5Kg

Remember that goal? Lost for words indeed!!!!
That goal should have been running in Puskas award, not that against Valencia. The same happened last season when the goal against RMA in UCL SF should have been in running the award, not the goal against Arsenal in UCL R16. Almost like they didn't want Messi to win every single prize. Well, nice for the winners to know your goal was the best of the year, bar Messi's best goal of course. :p

That game btw was also one of the memorable games also for other reasons than that goal:

- Ibrahimovic missing multiple sitters, and every chance possible
- Messi making his chances and non chances count, header, mazy run, and cool strike
- Zaragoza coming from 0-3 to 2-3 in last minutes
- And just when they were looking dangerous, Messi makes another mazy run to get a penalty, I remember commentator saying just before the attack, "hey we may need another Messi magic here haha", and boom
- Which Ibra finishes to conclude his worst game in Barcelona

That was drama for the whole family

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

don't forget that messi gave this penalty for ibra, so he could finally score after missing those sitters.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
That goal should have been running in Puskas award, not that against Valencia. The same happened last season when the goal against RMA in UCL SF should have been in running the award, not the goal against Arsenal in UCL R16. Almost like they didn't want Messi to win every single prize. Well, nice for the winners to know your goal was the best of the year, bar Messi's best goal of course. :p

That game btw was also one of the memorable games also for other reasons than that goal:

- Ibrahimovic missing multiple sitters, and every chance possible
- Messi making his chances and non chances count, header, mazy run, and cool strike
- Zaragoza coming from 0-3 to 2-3 in last minutes
- And just when they were looking dangerous, Messi makes another mazy run to get a penalty, I remember commentator saying just before the attack, "hey we may need another Messi magic here haha", and boom
- Which Ibra finishes to conclude his worst game in Barcelona

That was drama for the whole family

That's so mean, why do you post stuff like that :( Zlatan completely humiliated there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans