19 - Vitor Rawke

Co0ter

He hasn't. However, there must be a reason for that and I refuse to believe it's some kid of personal issue. In vast majority of cases it's about players attitude and players performance during training sessions. I simply can't believe that Xavi has some kind of personal issues with this kid. It would be mental!
Xavi is mental. Have you not seen him on the sidelines this season? Like 22 yellows and 2 reds since he's been here. The dude has no self control and gets out coached almost every game. Torres has been hot garbage 95% of the time he's been here. Please explain to me why he's anywhere close to the starting line up or prioritized as a sub. It's because Xavi personally requested him and flushed 65mil down the toilet. Even Lewa has been shit and he still plays 90 minutes instead of being taken off at 60 and letting the kid play for 30.

Even if the kid isn't doing great in training and is adapting slower than they hoped like some people are mentioning, can he possibly be any worse than Torres? I don't know, he's pretty fucking bad.

All I know is we've blown every major game and have looked poor in the other matches outside the major ones as well. Whatever Xavi is doing ain't working anyway, right? Let the kid play, hell put in some more youngsters while we're at it. With no direction or tactics from the coach it isn't going to matter anyway 🤡

JohnN

perhaps he should learn how to control a pass and then he might be used a little bit more. he has looked awful in all technical aspects.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
perhaps he should learn how to control a pass and then he might be used a little bit more. he has looked awful in all technical aspects.
Want's to make an impression, we bought him for 40M so probably even more nervous etc. I'm not trying to find excuses, his technique has indeed been poor the few minutes he played for us - but something else is still of, he should have been given more minutes and now Xavi saying it's possible we might loan him out after 200ish minutes played? It's all very strange, I wish we knew what the hell is going on - and if he really sucks, why the hell did we buy him and for 40M???

JohnN

Want's to make an impression, we bought him for 40M so probably even more nervous etc. I'm not trying to find excuses, his technique has indeed been poor the few minutes he played for us - but something else is still of, he should have been given more minutes and now Xavi saying it's possible we might loan him out after 200ish minutes played? It's all very strange, I wish we knew what the hell is going on - and if he really sucks, why the hell did we buy him and for 40M???
last question is a mystery to us all... I am starting to believe that his attitude might be an issue. its just a guess, but his agent speaking like that raises many red flags. he is still a teenager playing for F.C. Barcelona, with players like Lewandowski in front of him. Some respect for the hierarchy should be expected.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No credible criticism can be levied at Xavi for Roque. He didn’t sanction his acquisition and when played he has been ineffective. The only contributing factor he can compete with Ferran or Lewy is pressing because otherwise in terms of taking your chances, dribbling and collective positional play he remains a liability

Has he earned more minutes thus far? Over whom? I wouldn’t play him over Guiu much less Ferran or Fermin

The other aspect we are not privy to are contract terms. Perhaps club has language in deals with one or both of Lewy that demands proportion of starts/minutes in terms of depth chart. We simply can’t know because we’ve seen odd distribution of minutes in the past with players who were underperforming

Accelerating his move to come in January was clearly because of need for a goalscorer to support Lewy who struggled along with Raphinha but he hasn’t earned increased minutes on pitch (And we can only assume in training). Lamine is THE protagonist in attacking third, then Raphinha & Lewy - Vítor is at the bottom of that depth chart even when factoring in Barca B forwards

From board/sporting direction of club, it has to be, at least initially, seen as a failure either in terms of fit or assessing what he could bring by accelerating his arrival never mind all the additional clauses in his contract yet to be added to his total fee. Deco as an agent sought talents who would bring in revenue, he succeeded - but long term fit due diligence was poorly performed in his assessment. How much of that is on Laporta for either green lighting or trusting Deco is up for debate IMHO

Porque

Xavi is damn near untouchable in Barcelona. And that is part of the reason Laporta kept him around. For decisions like this where Roque arrival was advanced because of the FFP that opened with Gavi and then Balde's long term injuries.

Now they have to make cap space and can put it on Xavi not wanting him.

Now Xavi probably doesn't rate him highly himself, coz in his eyes he requested a DMC and if he wanted a project at CF, he already has Guiu.

But still you can see the narrative set already.

Home of Barca Fans