Kylian Mbappé

Morten

Sure, his honeymoon phase will be probably even more impressive than Bellingham's. But I'll wait till the end of next season to rate him. Bellingham also stopped his Ballon D'Or performances along the way. There comes always a time, where it's not that exciting anymore to wake up to the same face :D

If he comes here(i hope not), he will no doubt score a bunch of goals, but i don't particulary care for that, when he will push Vinicius out of the team.

Also, imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room, when Mbappe comes in and earning twice of some of our key players in UCL-wins, when he has none and is new at the club, friendship FC no more.

fergus90

A lot of Mbappe's issues look down to hunger. He barely seems engaged in the match anymore, walking about not making any attempts to make runs. It's been like this for about a year now. Still capable of moments of brilliance though.

I'm sure he's going to be determined to prove himself somewhere else.

Horatio

You're welcome
If he comes here(i hope not), he will no doubt score a bunch of goals, but i don't particulary care for that, when he will push Vinicius out of the team.

Also, imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room, when Mbappe comes in and earning twice of some of our key players in UCL-wins, when he has none and is new at the club, friendship FC no more.
You really think mbappe is going to have such a ridiculous salary? I think he will compromise especially considering he getting a hefty sign-on fee

malvolio

A lot of Mbappe's issues look down to hunger. He barely seems engaged in the match anymore, walking about not making any attempts to make runs. It's been like this for about a year now. Still capable of moments of brilliance though.

I'm sure he's going to be determined to prove himself somewhere else.
Hunger, lack of proper preseason, divergence with the manager.

This is a player who won a WC at 18, while being the main threat against Argentina in QF and scoring in the final. A player who scored a hattrick in his second WC final.

People forget he was toying with City and Juve when he was at Monaco.

If fit and properly motivated he is by a mile the best player in the world.

fergus90

This is a player who won a WC at 18, while being the main threat against Argentina in QF and scoring in the final. A player who scored a hattrick in his second WC final.

Even at PSG he has scored some big goals against the best opposition on many occasions. It’s basically been since 2023 where the performances have dropped off. In some games he’s barely moved to make himself available, just doesn’t look arsed.

There is no doubt he’s bagging 40 goals a season at Madrid.

Morten

International football does not matter, its seperate from club football.

I don't care if he sweeps the Euros, at club level, he has been underwhelming for 2 seasons straight.

KingLeo10

International football does not matter, its seperate from club football.

I don't care if he sweeps the Euros, at club level, he has been underwhelming for 2 seasons straight.
Well, he isn't just a cog in the machine in international football. He is the main reason France have been favorites in any international tournament since 2018.

Also, dominating the WC is a very hard feat - even if the tactics and pace of play are lower than elite club level, the expectations and pressure of the world stage (1 billion + viewers for the WC final) is another level even to CL.

Morten

Well, he isn't just a cog in the machine in international football. He is the main reason France have been favorites in any international tournament since 2018.

Also, dominating the WC is a very hard feat - even if the tactics and pace of play are lower than elite club level, the expectations and pressure of the world stage (1 billion + viewers for the WC final) is another level even to CL.

Is he not? France has the best squad in the world, by a distance.

But yes, he is better in international football, and again, i simply don't care for that.

malvolio

Is he not? France has the best squad in the world, by a distance.

But yes, he is better in international football, and again, i simply don't care for that.
France with the Giroud and Griezmann donkeys got beaten at home by CR cheerleading. They wouldn't have gotten to two WC finals without him.

khaled_a_d

Griezmann, Pogba and Varane were better than him in 2018 tbh, in 2022 Griezmann was still their best player until the final.
Football has been always about those eternal moments and people forget the rest, like how many think Zidane was the hero in 1998 WC when he was almost non existent until the final.
Mbappe is an important player, but even without him they are the best team in the world in terms of overall squad. They are one of the most complete teams football has seen, and Deschamps is actually very good NT coach

malvolio

Talking about Euro 16, where Griezmann was by far and away their best player, and tournament topscorer?

Pick a better example.
What example? Griezmann has been an overrated donkey his whole life. A good cog in the wheel, not the one to put the cherry on the cake.

They would be average without Mbappe. As good as they are individually.

jamrock

Cheeseman has definitely been better for France, but mbappe just scores the goals.

France most certainly wouldn't be average without Mbappe, he's like the cherry on top, not the cake.

Home of Barca Fans