Luis Diaz

Andresito

Staff member
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The moment you’ve been waiting for…<br><br>Luis Diaz is a RED &#55357;&#56628; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VamosLuis?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#VamosLuis</a> <a href="https://t.co/wl9koUlPgl">pic.twitter.com/wl9koUlPgl</a></p>— Liverpool FC (@LFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1487756795544223746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Birdy

The club having an analytics departments is an information I am giving you, it is a fact and not an opinion. That has been the case since 2018 at least.
And all clubs now has analytics department and deal with companies who provide them with data.
It isn't something revolutionary at all. It us yesterday thing that everyone does, just some use it better than others like it has been always the case.
And kudos to you for knowing Planas 3 years ago, doesn't mean you will know orhers who are working under Alemany just like you didn't know we have analytics department :boss:

Well, it's the first time that I am hearing we have one. The fact that we don't know anything about them, and what they do might be telling, don't you think?

Again, we know a lot about Liverpool's analytics department because they were the first to install one, and add it to their SD, and recruited top professionals to work there (the head of their analytics is a Computational Physics PhD, not some random football guy who does not know how to use the data)

I already used the example of UTD analytics department to highlight that 'having an analytics department' as a label might say very little.

So, if we have an analytics department, as you say, I am happy we do
But I really hope we develop a PROPER analytics Department with TOP professionals working there.
I am sure when that moment happens everyone here will know about it, as we know about Liverpool's

JamDav1982

All top clubs use analytics.

The only difference is how they structure it and likes of Liverpool been seen to use it well in recent years when previously they were highlighting likes of Charlie Adam through it.

Arsenal under Wenger was ahead of game years ago with it.

khaled_a_d

Well, it's the first time that I am hearing we have one. The fact that we don't know anything about them, and what they do might be telling, don't you think?

It isn't really telling anything, other than that a big organization like ours will always have guys that we don't know about their work. As simple that tbh.
Liverpool promoted one of their analytics folks to SD, and they finally had success under him so there are plenty of articles from news like the athletic (and other sport media outlets that is more American oriented) about it.
Folks in Leicester are probably the best in the business and they don't make the same fuss about it.
RM, Bundesliga clubs have it for years.

Again, we know a lot about Liverpool's analytics department because they were the first to install one, and add it to their SD, and recruited top professionals to work there (the head of their analytics is a Computational Physics PhD, not some random football guy who does not know how to use the data)

I already used the example of UTD analytics department to highlight that 'having an analytics department' as a label might say very little.
I am sure when that moment happens everyone here will know about it, as we know about Liverpool's

Where did this myth that Liverpool was the first to hire ones came from? Clubs has been using analytics since late 90's :lol:
Liverpool created a position of head of research, that is the only move where they were "first" about the whole thing. But they were actually late in comparison to many other clubs.

So, if we have an analytics department, as you say, I am happy we do
But I really hope we develop a PROPER analytics Department with TOP professionals working there.

We won't.
We aren't owned by American businessmen nor we are connected to the same type of journalism as many EPL does.
Liga fans won't care that much about hearing news about analytics departments.
And when things don't generate clicks, it rarely gets mentioned or leaked.
We prefer to keep it simple and give a face to the decision maker and judge him.
Behind that face there is a team working behind him, that team/leader could be good, could be bad.

Last edited:

RF20

Banned
Dude's been amazing. So happy we signed him.

Such a great attitude too.

Didn't realize he was this good. Wow

RF20

Banned
Just needs to add goals to displace Jota

Don't think he'll ever be as good a goal threat as Jota. But as long as he is decent in the final third its fine.

Jota is amazing in the air and always gets into great positions.

Our attacking options look delicious overall.

Temptation

Best Columbian since [MENTION=29961]OGbarca[/MENTION] !

Seriously one of our best players right now. Can't believe how quickly he adapted.

Portuguese league imports like him and Ruben Diaz have taken to the League very well. Obrigado.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Did wonder how Klopp would fit in both Diaz and Mane as they both like the LW, but Klopp managed to solve that problem for now.

Diaz will certainly learn loads from Klopp.

Temptation

Did wonder how Klopp would fit in both Diaz and Mane as they both like the LW, but Klopp managed to solve that problem for now.

Diaz will certainly learn loads from Klopp.

It's Klopp after all.

I never thought that would be a problem.

Our front 3 is very fluid and interchangeable tactically and positionally. Even someone Nkunku will fit brilliantly

Home of Barca Fans