1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

serghei

Jammie is now gonna bring Koeman in every bit of thing about Xavi.

Yea, but when Koeman did this... you said X, or Y. :lol:

I don't give a shit. Koeman was Koeman, in my opinion, he was the wrong guy to try to build a side with on a medium-long term. Xavi is another dude in another time, with another situation, with a different temperament and approach to Koeman.

I like him better. Of course, this could change in time, as it did with Koeman.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Jammie is now gonna bring Koeman in every bit of thing about Xavi.

Yea, but when Koeman did this... you said X, or Y. :lol:

Yeah I will bring up the hypocrisy.

Indeed i will.

Interesting you were one to react.

Lets see you bemoan Xavi if Puig doesnt get a real chance and 1500 minutes a season.

Lets see you bemoan Xavi for not playing the better keeper in Neto etc.

JamDav1982

During games, not press conferences. If you remember he subbed Mingueza at half time against Getafe last season, I believe, could be wrong, for wrong positioning. Mingi got carried away in attack.

Aye like Xavi just subbed Ilais at HT?

Where was outrage there?

You are making my point for me.

Valverde subbed players at HT as well, Xavi just did it in first game.

serghei

Yeah I will bring up the hypocrisy.

Indeed i will.

Interesting you were one to react.

Lets see you bemoan Xavi if Puig doesnt get a real chance and 1500 minutes a season.

Lets see you bemoan Xavi for not playing the better keeper in Neto etc.

I will moan about Xavi if he does those things and next season is sitting in 10th place after 11 games. Then you will have your hypocrisy claim taken seriously.

You're more obsessed with Puig than even Bobo is.

JamDav1982

I will moan about Xavi if he does those things and next season is sitting in 10th place after 11 games.

Terrible comparison.

But your usual standard.

Xavi wont face being undermined by Board then kept, letting go of Messi when told would keep him, selling Griezmann and getting in LDJ, injuries to any player in attack that can run. Other CF they sign... retires few months in after two starts.

Try better than that.

Hypocrite as said and another example of it.

Indeed I do like discussing Puig. You lot used to as well. Strange that.

Last edited:

serghei

I'm focusing on the future. Don't care anymore about EV, Koeman, and such. Time to turn the page and focus on the future of this team. Now that we have the right people in leading positions, it's time to fix this team.

If you wanna keep tabs on what I said, when, in what context, or some half-assed prediction, be my guest.

Windhook

You are making my point for me.

Seriously, Mingueza at that point was praised by a legend like Puyol, had like some 10-15 games as starter for Barca and you compare him to a shot in the dark Xavi gave to a Juvenile A debutant? The kid should feel honored and lucky to start in a former derby game. He was subbed for a reason, his contribution was near zero as what you could expect from an inexperienced kid. Still kudos to Xavi for giving him the opportunity to start.

ajnotkeith

Seriously, Mingueza at that point was praised by a legend like Puyol, had like some 10-15 games as starter for Barca and you compare him to a shot in the dark Xavi gave to a Juvenile A debutant? The kid should feel honored and lucky to start in a former derby game. He was subbed for a reason, his contribution was near zero as what you could expect from an inexperienced kid. Still kudos to Xavi for giving him the opportunity to start.

Mingueza is a player who was benched in the third division at 21 years old. Nobody ever thought he'd play for Barca A at all at the time, and he didn't play well in the third division in some starts he got either. The fact he got to the point where he was being praised by Puyol is credit to Koeman, because honestly, as I've said before, he could be warming Tenerife's bench right now. And who knows he still might later.

If there is one thing Koeman did it's give opportunities to the youth and try and integrate them into the team.

JamDav1982

There we go.

Excuses for one and not the other.

Only fucking morons rated Mingueza that highly and could not see what he lacked and how bad he could be at times when deserved to be dropped/taken off.

Kudos to Koeman for taking Mingueza and giving him so many minutes when was being told not starter in B team if that is route want to go down.

Completely forget where Koeman took Mingueza from but bitch about a game or two he came off early. Usual.

Andresito

Staff member
Confidence has to be tempered with realism.

Heaping public and unrealistic praise on a GK who repeatedly costs us CL ties (or at the very least has a high part in it) is not a good look for someone wanting to change culture.

We've had so many of these coaches who are simply happy to "play with the cards they've been dealt". We need an overhaul and Xavi was supposed to have more of a spine than Setien or EV or even Koeman.

Meh, don't have to take his words literally. Every single coach is saying things to media that they might not believe.

He's doing the right thing at the moment. We're in November, like 2 weeks into the job. Way too early to draw any conclusions that Busi, ter Stegen, Pique etc that he's getting slated for are part of his long term plans.

People, not necessarily you, are so god damn prone to overreacting. Everything has to be black or white.

Home of Barca Fans