1 - Victor Valdes

impeh

Hi, its me..
Valdes will shortly give a press conference, probably on Sunday or Monday, to explain why he has decided not to renew his contract. [md]

frostdude1

My 2 cents on the issue:

1) Valdes has every right to want to leave and explore new challenges. People are angry and its understandable but he has to follow his heart and if that's what its telling him, then that's it. People forget that athletes are wired differently than average joes and some of them want to prove to themselves how great they are and shut people up who say "Oh he's only good cause he plays on the best team ever"

2) BUT, Valdes has not gone about it the right way. He should have been more respectful to his childhood club, the same club who has shown faith in him and kept him in net even though they could have sold him years ago and bought a better foreign goalkeeper but they didn't because he's a La Masia product, and that respect should have been shown by not making his wanting to leave so public. This news now hurts Barca's bargaining negotiations when it comes time to sell him. Now, every club in the world knows that Barca are going to be fairly desperate to sell because they know that he's not sticking around after 2014.

So that's why the fans are pissed off at him. And by the way, imo he's not a great goalie and Barca can definitely do better and will do better because there are better goalies out there that would die to come to Barca.

Darko

poor game,why the fuck did he clear the ball almost every time he got it,we lost possesion countless times because of him -.-

Darko

they were trash at defending,not at passing
and he has Xavi dropping deep and Busi,but he chose to clear it to the flanks every time,and kick it out quickly for Messi and Pedro(both of whom had no intention of going for a quick counter the few times they did actually win the bal) after the opponents attack,inviting pressure instead of keeping the ball for a few seconds for us to keep get back into shape
it doesnt matter how poor we are playing,we need to stick to our philosophy of starting from the back

Pepe Silvia

2) BUT, Valdes has not gone about it the right way. He should have been more respectful to his childhood club, the same club who has shown faith in him and kept him in net even though they could have sold him years ago and bought a better foreign goalkeeper but they didn't because he's a La Masia product, and that respect should have been shown by not making his wanting to leave so public. This news now hurts Barca's bargaining negotiations when it comes time to sell him. Now, every club in the world knows that Barca are going to be fairly desperate to sell because they know that he's not sticking around after 2014.
this

khaled_a_d

Show us the amount of passes they make, ans the type
It will be really tough to show the type of passes statically ,doubt we will find that

Got the stats for Courtois, ter Stegen, Lloris and De Gea?

here are some (though that will make me look like someone who puts too much on stats ,but you guys are asking for it)
I will say other players name then average and accuracy number respectively ,All stats in League only

Víctor Valdés: 15, 61.9
Iker Casillas : 11.2 , 64.9
Manuel Neuer : 21.4 , 77.1
Petr Cech : 18.9 , 58.7
Gianluigi Buffon : 11.5 ,84.5
Marc-André ter Stegen :29.7 ,64
Vicente Guaita : 17.8 , 70.4
Andres Fernandez :23.7 , 49.6
Hugo Lloris: 18.8 ,51.3
David De Gea: 14.7 , 59.2
Fernando Muslera : 16.2 , 44.3
Thibaut Courtois: 9.4 , 52.1
René Adler: 28.2 , 59.9
Kevin Trapp: 22.7 , 56.7
Bernd Leno: 17.2 , 58.9

Those are probably All the GKs Barca were linked too ,in addition to those I mentioned in my post

AvocadoCake

It will be really tough to show the type of passes statically ,doubt we will find that

here are some (though that will make me look like someone who puts too much on stats ,but you guys are asking for it)
I will say other players name then average and accuracy number respectively ,All stats in League only

Víctor Valdés: 15, 61.9
Iker Casillas : 11.2 , 64.9
Manuel Neuer : 21.4 , 77.1
Petr Cech : 18.9 , 58.7
Gianluigi Buffon : 11.5 ,84.5
Marc-André ter Stegen :29.7 ,64
Vicente Guaita : 17.8 , 70.4
Andres Fernandez :23.7 , 49.6
Hugo Lloris: 18.8 ,51.3
David De Gea: 14.7 , 59.2
Fernando Muslera : 16.2 , 44.3
Thibaut Courtois: 9.4 , 52.1
René Adler: 28.2 , 59.9
Kevin Trapp: 22.7 , 56.7
Bernd Leno: 17.2 , 58.9

Those are probably All the GKs Barca were linked too ,in addition to those I mentioned in my post

166077afef820c8dd44bf840bb21c0fd.png

Sorted increasingly by pass percentage

Barca8

BUT, Valdes has not gone about it the right way. He should have been more respectful to his childhood club, the same club who has shown faith in him and kept him in net even though they could have sold him years ago and bought a better foreign goalkeeper but they didn't because he's a La Masia product, and that respect should have been shown by not making his wanting to leave so public. This news now hurts Barca's bargaining negotiations when it comes time to sell him. Now, every club in the world knows that Barca are going to be fairly desperate to sell because they know that he's not sticking around after 2014.

So that's why the fans are pissed off at him. And by the way, imo he's not a great goalie and Barca can definitely do better and will do better because there are better goalies out there that would die to come to Barca.

This should be the period to end the Valdes thread lol

loozy

Stegen>Leno>Adler>Neuer

Very good reason that Leno displaced Rene as first choice at Bayer, and a very good reason Neuer wasn't even a candidate for Bundesliga GK of the season.

Adler was injured for the majority of the season of 2011/12 and did not have a chance to get his place in goal back ;) And what about Sven Ulreich? If I remember correctly, he was better than Neuer, too.

Home of Barca Fans