10 - Ansu Fati

Messi983

He wasn't "freak of nature" at the start of his career.

And I'm not really comparing them. Every player has his different path. I'm just saying it's possible to recover from early injuries and still make a good career.

Messigician

And I'm not really comparing them. Every player has his different path. I'm just saying it's possible to recover from early injuries and still make a good career.

It's also possible to win the lottery

Nazario1985

All these injuries I attribute to the extremely poor physical preparation at Barca for years. Players don't get injured from being overplayed, you think other clubs don't play 70+ games a season?

It's not the injuries it's the recoveries ... it was always a scandal in FCB , and how many times they gave the green light for a player only to relapse in less than a months sometimes days even in training !

Iniesta and Messi never trusted them they packed their bags elsewhere once they got the money and power to do it, but not every player can do that !

kilian

All these injuries I attribute to the extremely poor physical preparation at Barca for years. Players don't get injured from being overplayed, you think other clubs don't play 70+ games a season?

They do. All the coaches are angry about it, you can see it in almost every press conference these days.

But Barca definitely has one of the worst physical conditioning programs in all top football clubs. It`s actually quite shocking that a club of this level can be so shitty at physical preparation.

Windhook

They do. All the coaches are angry about it, you can see it in almost every press conference these days.

But Barca definitely has one of the worst physical conditioning programs in all top football clubs. It`s actually quite shocking that a club of this level can be so shitty at physical preparation.

Yeah, Pep and Klopp complain about it constantly, players are exhausted at the end of the season. Since the 90's football has evolved more into business than sport. And now they want to hold the World Cup every 2 years.

Now wondering how Barca managed to dominate football in the early 2010's with minimal physical preparation. I guess other clubs got more physical because of our combinative style. Either you park the bus (Chelsea) or put the pressure cooker on Barca, like Bayern did in 2013 & 2020 and Liverpool in 2019.

MTL_Barca

Philipp Lahm also had two big injuries at the start of his career, and then went 10 years of barely missing any games at all. It's really unpredictable, not everyone who has some injury problems turns into a Dembele/Robben etc.

Honestly i'm more concerned with Barca repeatedly fucking up, hopefully that get's better now.

kilian

Yeah, Pep and Klopp complain about it constantly, players are exhausted at the end of the season. Since the 90's football has evolved more into business than sport. And now they want to hold the World Cup every 2 years.

Now wondering how Barca managed to dominate football in the early 2010's with minimal physical preparation. I guess other clubs got more physical because of our combinative style. Either you park the bus (Chelsea) or put the pressure cooker on Barca, like Bayern did in 2013 & 2020 and Liverpool in 2019.

It`s ridiculous to see. Even Thomas Muller talked about how Barca can`t cope with the intensity of top-level football. Bayern - Barca was like a cup game between clubs from different divisions.
This club was shit on every level, from fitness coaches to the board. I hope Xavi era will show us something else.

wisconsincule

Super Cup Vs Real apparently. Sub I assume.

Good. How are we feeling about Fati? Pencilled in starter once for or does he have to fight for his spot? I’m still on the fence whether or not he is the long term solution at LW. Maybe because it’s been so long since I have seen him play.

FinBarcelonafan

Good. How are we feeling about Fati? Pencilled in starter once for or does he have to fight for his spot? I?m still on the fence whether or not he is the long term solution at LW. Maybe because it?s been so long since I have seen him play.

Definitely has to fight for a spot which is good. Torres is only clear starter in my eyes. Dembele on right is better than Torres/Fati or Depay, so in my eyes competition between Depay and Fati.

But a lot of depends what they plan to do with Dembele. If he is just benched, then Fati/Depay and Torres are guaranteed starters obviously.

But happy to have some competition.. that's how it should be in team.

Home of Barca Fans