10 - Ansu Fati

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't blame him tbh.

Our former medical team traumatized him it sounds like.

Still think he'll opt for the surgery but maybe only if Mendes gets him a second opinion like his latest surgery. He obviously doesn't trust our medical team considering Mendes went out of his way to find a different surgeon the last time.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Still think he'll opt for the surgery but maybe only if Mendes gets him a second opinion like his latest surgery. He obviously doesn't trust our medical team considering Mendes went out of his way to find a different surgeon the last time.

Hypothetical question here: Do you reckon he can win if he sues the club for ruining him ?

DonAK

Hypothetical question here: Do you reckon he can win if he sues the club for ruining him ?

He can certainly try, but I cannot see how he would win considering he's still able to play football. Besides Dr. Cugat is the one who performed the surgeries so even if the club recommended him I don't see how we're going to be held liable. It's not like Dr. Cugat is some run of the mill surgeon we found on the streets. He's performed surgeries on multiple footballers and athletes.

Laplacian

Meh, not really. More like regular world-class players (mind you Haaland is potential, Neymar is washed up) that are around every year spread at around 5-6 teams Europe-wise. This supposed Mbappe the generational talent was sent packing in CL by a gang of United kids let by Marcus Rashford not too long ago.

Generational talent is self-explanatory: talents that are so rare they show up once or twice a generation. Regardless of what you think of Neymar, just how many wingers from his generation of his overall ability can you name? At his best he was a top goal scorer (40/30 goals), a top playmaker (near Messi's level), and a top dribbler (also near Messi's level). Now tell me, who comes close? Salah has the goals, but not even half the dribbling, sense of touch, game sense and creativity Neymar had. Hazard also comes to mind, he rivaled Neymar in dribbling and creativity but never in end product.

That's what makes Neymar a generational talent, because you can't find anyone else like him from his generation.

If you can name any other U23 player scoring 40 goals or so a year like Haaland and Mbappe are, be my guest. If you can't, these two are generational talents. No one else comes close. Regardless of the results their teams pull in whatever match you can think of.

khaled_a_d

In our defense, we don't work with Cugat with muscular injuries, we are actually doing it in Finland with Dr. Sakari Orava
He is the one who performed surgeries to both Roberto and Dembele

DonAK

In our defense, we don't work with Cugat with muscular injuries, we are actually doing it in Finland with Dr. Sakari Orava
He is the one who performed surgeries to both Roberto and Dembele

That's true, but maybe he doesn't trust our judgement in general now. Perhaps he'll opt for it if his agent also calms him down and tells him he should go for it.

khaled_a_d

That's true, but maybe he doesn't trust our judgement in general now. Perhaps he'll opt for it if his agent also calms him down and tells him he should go for it.

I think that is what most footballers should do if they are hiring a top agent or have someone who can make a judgement for them.
For all the shit we give to Umtiti, I respect how he looked for himself and his long term health.

DonAK

I think that is what most footballers should do if they are hiring a top agent or have someone who can make a judgement for them.
For all the shit we give to Umtiti, I respect how he looked for himself and his long term health.

Most athletes should get a second opinion for sure. It doesn't hurt and you shouldn't trust the club/team's decision blindly when it comes to matters like these.

Altho from Umtiti's case I think he was recommended a surgery by multiple surgeries but he still opted for conservative treatment. Not sure a surgery would have mattered anyway though.

khaled_a_d

Most athletes should get a second opinion for sure. It doesn't hurt and you shouldn't trust the club/team's decision blindly when it comes to matters like these.

Altho from Umtiti's case I think he was recommended a surgery by multiple surgeries but he still opted for conservative treatment. Not sure a surgery would have mattered anyway though.

iirc all 2nd opinions he got told him to avoid the surgery. It was going to ruin his long term health with no apparent benefit short term

Jadentheman

Generational talent is self-explanatory: talents that are so rare they show up once or twice a generation. Regardless of what you think of Neymar, just how many wingers from his generation of his overall ability can you name? At his best he was a top goal scorer (40/30 goals), a top playmaker (near Messi's level), and a top dribbler (also near Messi's level). Now tell me, who comes close? Salah has the goals, but not even half the dribbling, sense of touch, game sense and creativity Neymar had. Hazard also comes to mind, he rivaled Neymar in dribbling and creativity but never in end product.

That's what makes Neymar a generational talent, because you can't find anyone else like him from his generation.

If you can name any other U23 player scoring 40 goals or so a year like Haaland and Mbappe are, be my guest. If you can't, these two are generational talents. No one else comes close. Regardless of the results their teams pull in whatever match you can think of.

Mbappe is pretty much dragging along a PSG with Neymar and Messi :lol: you can’t really argue much more than that

jamrock

They were as careful as possible with him & he still got injured, after two games, something is seriously wrong, career at the very top maybe over, pity he had the potential to be the next great Spanish forward.

JohnN

It doesn't seem to be in the stars for this kid. So many injuries so soon, at an age of development.. he will have issues with pushing himself, it's inevitable.

Home of Barca Fans