10 - Ansu Fati

Messi983

He should but now he is wearning no 10 and club try to make people believe he is the true heir for the number. So there is always big pressure on him. Also seeing other players take his place, it will rush him more.

Tbh I don't' give much importance to shirt numbers or expect someone to be a heir of a legendary player just because he wears the same number.

Couldn't care less if Ansu would get #1 or Lewy #5. Numbers are just numbers, most important thing is what they can offer on the pitch.

Horatio

You're welcome
Tbh I don't' give much importance to shirt numbers or expect someone to be a heir of a legendary player just because he wears the same number.

Couldn't care less if Ansu would get #1 or Lewy #5. Numbers are just numbers, most important thing is what they can offer on the pitch.

I wanted to say the same thing before but thought I would get hanged. Even Messi himself made no fuzz about which number he?d play with at PSG. No 10 is pretty standard no. and always occupied since it is in the 1-11 range. No need to retire. Give to next player in that position. Now if Messi had played with 23, 66, 99 yeah you could choose to retire it for a long time.

TheStig

You know that different people give importance to different things. Giving at least some sort of importance to football kits numbers is in football very common, I'm sure that for most players it matters which number they get and are proud when they get the "important" numbers like 10 or 9, depending on position.

I'm not saying Fati is bad because he got the 10, I think that can also be a positive thing but it's sure a different feeling than wearing 22.

iniestaGOAT

I wanted to say the same thing before but thought I would get hanged. Even Messi himself made no fuzz about which number he?d play with at PSG. No 10 is pretty standard no. and always occupied since it is in the 1-11 range. No need to retire. Give to next player in that position. Now if Messi had played with 23, 66, 99 yeah you could choose to retire it for a long time.

Cause Neymar was wearing 10 and he had no clotut at psg

Lewandowski wanted the 9

I am sure if.messi was to come back here he would want 10

Horatio

You're welcome
Cause Neymar was wearing 10 and he had no clotut at psg

Lewandowski wanted the 9

I am sure if.messi was to come back here he would want 10

Messi is regarded goat, why would he have no clout? Pretty sure if he whined about it to Neymar, Neymar would have passed no. to him, them being great buddies and all and neymar ready to convert to full-time poker player. But he didn’t since it is not as important to him. Or this season why doesnt Neymar revert to 11 and then Messi gets 10? Again not big enough of an issue to him.

malvolio

numbers in football have meaning because usually they are associated with certain positions on the pitch and the importance of that player in the squad. number 10 was usually the best player on the pitch and was worn by the greatest players ever.

it is also common knowledge that football fans refer to numbers as positions:

fan1: 'who's barca's number 9?'
fan2: 'martin braithwaite.'
fan1: 'oh how the mighty have fallen, eh?'

number 9 means starting striker. so of course it is unacceptable that you have a bum like braithwaite playing there. also, not all numbers have this aura. but 9 and 10 will always be recognized.

ansu is just unfortunate to be put under pressure by the club. when they made him the 10, hyped his every return from injury and gave him that big contract. it isn't about retiring the number.

Horatio

You're welcome
numbers in football have meaning because usually they are associated with certain positions on the pitch and the importance of that player in the squad. number 10 was usually the best player on the pitch and was worn by the greatest players ever.

it is also common knowledge that football fans refer to numbers as positions:

fan1: 'who's barca's number 9?'
fan2: 'martin braithwaite.'
fan1: 'oh how the mighty have fallen, eh?'

number 9 means starting striker. so of course it is unacceptable that you have a bum like braithwaite playing there. also, not all numbers have this aura. but 9 and 10 will always be recognized.

ansu is just unfortunate to be put under pressure by the club. when they made him the 10, hyped his every return from injury and gave him thatbig contract. it isn't about retiring the number.

Lol i know the association. But to me 1-11 should always be filled and not retire because big players used it. But to me still makes sense Ansu gets it. Since other players don’t want it either way and no. 10 became free since messi left. Depay and Lewa always wanted 9. Braithwaite nuff said. Other players future was insecure.

if such pressure on Ansu why did Ansu decide tonplay with it then?

Last edited:

malvolio

Lol i know the association. But to me still makes sense Ansu gets it. Since other players don’t want it either way and no. 10 became free since messi left.

he is just injury prone. no 10, time on sidelines and big contract are adding to the pressure/frustration he feels no doubt.

Horatio

You're welcome
he is just injury prone. no 10, time on sidelines and big contract are adding to the pressure/frustration he feels no doubt.

Yes, that is a good argument. That it is possible he would be sidelined a lot which is bit of waste of the no. 10. But guess they are not betting on that to happen.

Horatio

You're welcome
Personally, would have given the 10 to Pedri.

Maybe it's just me, but Ansu feels more like a 7 or a 11 to me.

yeah i actually agree. could have been given 7 and dembele sticks with 11.

I just think 1-11 should always be filled if they readily available.

malvolio

Yes, that is a good argument. That it is possible he would be sidelined a lot which is bit of waste of the no. 10. But guess they are not betting on that to happen.

it was symbolic. they gave the 10 to a forward who was the new wonderkid, ready to take over from the king.

should have went for gavi. the kid don't give a fuck and it isn't like there were any big expectations from him.

vegitot

That's just you. Most people and media in general will look at that number and question.

No 10 is more than just a number, at least in Barca.

Fati himself feels that pressure. And it will harm him more than you think.

Home of Barca Fans