10 - Ansu Fati

Messigician

Ansu Fati has only played 34% of the minutes in the 17 matches played. The player is upset and believes he should have a bigger role.

? [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION]Fontes

More smoke

delancey

I just think he is not being used properly. He performed under Koeman.
And before that too.

That is what happens when division 3 analysts are in charge alongside a stubborn and rookie coach. All respect to Xavi, he clearly loves the club as much as the most diehard fan, but he is over his head here.

Tactics need to improve. Bring in a capable assistant manager to begin with. Hire the best analysts. Start from scratch. This is not working.

We looked so clueless against Valencia. We did not deserve to win.

Last edited:

malvolio

That is what happens when division 3 analysts are in charge alongside a stubborn and rookie coach.

you're basically describing villanova and pep at the start of their barca career.

people have unrealistic expectations over many unproven players or young talents.

happens with raphinha also. people already calling xavi out for raphinha's struggles, but truth is we never saw the guy at a top club. he was always a gamble. yes, it could be xavi, but we don't know for certain as raphinha didn't come here as a world class player.

happens with fati, as in reality we never did manage to determine his ceiling. people always talked about him returning from injury and guaranteeing goals, like it was prime eto'o returning and not some promising kid who had his career marred by injuries. maybe fati isn't better than this, injuries or no injuries. we can't really tell.

JohnN

The boy does nothing special at all even against semi-professional teams. He can't dribble, he can't cross, he shoots to the stands constantly, isn't fast with the ball. Why is he still considered anything special? I get it, he had a purple patch, was super young and got a hug from Messi. That's the best highlight of his career since then.

delancey

you're basically describing villanova and pep at the start of their barca career.

people have unrealistic expectations over many unproven players or young talents.

happens with raphinha also people already calling xavi out for raphinha's struggles, but truth is we never saw the guy at a top club. he was always a gamble. yes, it could be xavi, but we don't know for certain as raphinha didn't come here as a world class player.

happens with fati, as in reality we never did manage to determine his ceiling. people always talked about him returning from injury and guaranteeing goals, like it was prime eto'o returning and not some promising kid who had his career marred by injuries. maybe fati isn't better than this, injuries or no injuries. we can't really tell.
Villanova and Pep performed. The latter now has GOAT status. What we are seeing from Xavi so far is piss poor. Maybe he will evolve, I just wish his internship was not occurring here.

Even in Klopps first season at Liverpool, progress in terms of tactics and style were visible for all to see.

Last edited:

malvolio

Villanova and Pep performed. What we are seeing from Xavi so far is piss poor. Maybe he will evolve, I just wish his internship was not occurring here.

Xavi should be sacked, said it when we got dropped from the CL. Him having someone else as assistant makes no difference.

delancey

The boy does nothing special at all even against semi-professional teams. He can't dribble, he can't cross, he shoots to the stands constantly, isn't fast with the ball. Why is he still considered anything special? I get it, he had a purple patch, was super young and got a hug from Messi. That's the best highlight of his career since then.

Yeah hopefully it is just a confidence thing. Having a killer instinct for scoring was always his best asset, something we haven?t seen for a while.

Rooting for you Ansu.

Birdy

Villanova and Pep performed. The latter now has GOAT status. What we are seeing from Xavi so far is piss poor. Maybe he will evolve, I just wish his internship was not occurring here.

Even in Klopps first season at Liverpool, progress in terms of tactics and style were visible for all to see.

Precisely the point of many of us here last October among screams that we should bring Xavi and he is the best DNA coach for Barca,
while disregarding or undermining top options like ETH

blaug

Ansu has no leverage. Barca is the only big club that he would play for. Ansu and his agent need to come back down to earth and realize that

Home of Barca Fans