10 - Ansu Fati

serghei

Bojan was a higher rated prospect than Ansu and was looking very promising his first 1-2 years for the first team before it all fell apart. Ansu looked really good his first season before his injuries, but even then was no guarantee he would go on to have a better career than Pedro.

As others have mentioned it happens. Sometimes some players have a great start to their careers and amount to fuck all while other players hit off later in their careers.

30m is too low to give up on Ansu so soon. There's a risk if you sell him for such a low sum also.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
30m is too low to give up on Ansu so soon. There's a risk if you sell him for such a low sum also.

Like I said it all depends on the information the club have on him. Information we don't have, but when the club seem to be pushing a media campaign to sell him it feels like they have serious doubts about him.

serghei

Like I said it all depends on the information the club have on him. Information we don't have, but when the club seem to be pushing a media campaign to sell him it feels like they have serious doubts about him.

Personally, I'm a fan of all of Laporta, Alemany, and Xavi, so if they sell for something like 30m, I'd side with them of course. I think we have the strongest management trio in many years.

serghei

Don't tell me that.
I won't be able to sleep at night if KL, you, and vegitot award me the 1st place

I never insulted you, and I think you're a good poster for many years, but that was a dumb take. You should look at it back with humor.

Birdy

Bojan was a higher rated prospect than Ansu and was looking very promising his first 1-2 years for the first team before it all fell apart. Ansu looked really good his first season before his injuries, but even then was no guarantee he would go on to have a better career than Pedro.

As others have mentioned it happens. Sometimes some players have a great start to their careers and amount to fuck all while other players hit off later in their careers.

The revisionism of this forum is epitomized in this post.
Bojan LOOOL

Again, people who are fixated at results or can't differentiate between the base potential of a player and how good someone looks in a well-oiled team are prone to such views.

Bojan was not even close to the pontential Ansu showed. His cameos came in the context of the best team in the world, and that made him look better than he is. If Pedro was as good as revisionist folk here claim, he would have never left

Same is with the discussion of UTD, ARsenal squad etc. Arteta being a genius and working wonders with a meh squad confuses people with superficial judgment to think that Martineli, Saka, Odegaard, Partey, etc are better than what they really are

Birdy

I never insulted you, and I think you're a good poster for many years, but that was a dumb take. You should look at it back with humor.

I am sorry if I insulted you, wan't my intention.
Some takes of yours are just unacceptable

I haven't changed my mind about this point. Problem is that people like KL purposefully distorted it in caricature statements so as to appear bad.

KingLeo10

Pedro was moved on because we got the 2nd most talented attacking player of the last 15 years as his replacement - Neymar

Do you remember Neymar's level in 14/15 lmao? :lol:

serghei

There's a very very very limited number of players that can shine in any setup. Likes of Messi, Cristiano, Iniesta, Xavi, Zidane, Modric, really 20 odd players in the last 20 years or so at best. Most are all time greats by most metrics.

Saying a player is class in a top class setup is basically like how 99% of players become elite.

Windhook

I attribute some of the poor performances on the fear of another muscle injury. He's not pushing to the limit, playing it safe.

Dembele has the same muscle problems and yet sometimes pushes himself to the limit. I don't know if he learned to manage it or just got lucky for a while under Xavi. I'm on the latter opinion, his worst injuries had been hamstring related caused by Dembele doing some Usain Bolt stunts. Just as he picked the recent one, which was again caused during one of his sprints vs Girona.

serghei

I attribute some of the poor performances on the fear of another muscle injury. He's not pushing to the limit, playing it safe.

Dembele has the same muscle problems and yet sometimes pushes himself to the limit. I don't know if he learned to manage it or just got lucky for a while under Xavi. I'm on the latter opinion, his worst injuries had been hamstring related caused by Dembele doing some Usain Bolt stunts. Just as he picked the recent one, which was again caused during one of his sprints vs Girona.

If Dembele doesn't do that, he becomes Nice level. Those sprints are his best, most elite attribute.

Ansu imo is different. Imo, his problem is mentality related, part of it due to Barca jumping the gun and considering him too good too early.

He needs to understand that the first years of his at Barca were fairy-tale like, and not indicative of how a career at Barca is forged. The club and the team is evolving and he needs to work damn hard to keep up and feature as a main player from this point forward.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pedro wasn't pushed out. The club didn't want to sell him and Lucho tried his best to make him stay, but he wanted to leave for a team where he could start. He had no chance starting over Messi or Neymar at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans