10 - Ansu Fati

FCBfan22

If we don't buy a 9, we simply need to start preparing him to play that position.

No way in hell we can win anything with Suarez again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we don't buy a 9, we simply need to start preparing him to play that position.

No way in hell we can win anything with Suarez again.

It's a position he has played before. He's basically grown up in La Masia playing as the team's striker or the LW. When I think about it, why spend 111m on Lautaro if Suarez is going to continue another season? Why not just play Ansu more as a striker instead and sign an actual LW.

He's taller than Lautaro. Once he grows he'll very likely be stronger physically. He's probably quicker. He's a natural goalscorer. It's not a perfect solution, but better than spending 111m on a player we don't need right now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's a position he has played before. He's basically grown up in La Masia playing as the team's striker or the LW. When I think about it, why spend 111m on Lautaro if Suarez is going to continue another season? Why not just play Ansu more as a striker instead and sign an actual LW.

He's taller than Lautaro. Once he grows he'll very likely be stronger physically. He's probably quicker. He's a natural goalscorer. It's not a perfect solution, but better than spending 111m on a player we don't need right now.

If Fati plays CF who plays LW? We need players for both of those positions. Dembele is almost done at this point. Trincao is a RW. We can try Fati-Messi-Trincao with Fati being that LW-CF hybrid, but who knows how good Trincao will be.

Daisymorr

This guy as well as Puig should be playing much more, yes they are raw but they have energy and cause teams problems. Their unpredictability is exactly what this club needs. Can see Puig being a real star in the future and Fati possibly if he gets enough game time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Fati plays CF who plays LW? We need players for both of those positions. Dembele is almost done at this point. Trincao is a RW. We can try Fati-Messi-Trincao with Fati being that LW-CF hybrid, but who knows how good Trincao will be.

Wouldn't mind trying that out. I'm just done with Suarez and don't want us to make another dumb decision and rather wait a year for a striker.

I'd also sign a LW for what it's worth. Don't need to be a superstar, but someone good 1v1 who can dribble with pace if we can offload Dembele somehow.

jamrock

If he is gonna be a 9 it won't be for a few years, he's too young for that position the pressure will break him.

mc_lovin

He played the position a lot in the youth, I am not sure why you guys are acting like we want him to find a new position for him? He was always a LW/CF

Frenkie played as a 10 in youth setups. Doesnt mean he should be used there. When you watch Fati right now he looks like a LW. I would be very surprised if he ends up as a 9.

Messi983

Yeah, he will get his driver's license at one point.

Unless he's like Alba who's 30 and still doesn't have driver's license so his dad needs to drive him to trainings. :lol:

I get that some people don't like to drive but in this case with all his money he should just hire a personal chauffeur and not bother his father.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Unless he's like Alba who's 30 and still doesn't have driver's license so his dad needs to drive him to trainings. :lol:

I get that some people don't like to drive but in this case with all his money he should just hire a personal chauffeur and not bother his father.

Maybe he hired his brother and father as personal chauffeurs. :D In this case the money stays in the family.

I don't get it though. Driving has become so easy with automatic gears and loads of driving assistance systems. I guess he is just too lazy to learn for the test.

vuji_31

Or he is just showing his pussy mentality like always in big games so he can not overcome fear of driving

Messi983

Maybe he hired his brother and father as personal chauffeurs. :D In this case the money stays in the family.

I don't get it though. Driving has become so easy with automatic gears and loads of driving assistance systems. I guess he is just too lazy to learn for the test.

Or just too stupid. It's unfair to judge people you don't know personally so I usually don't do this but he has a low football IQ. Basically the only things he can do is ran fast (which is a natural ability and has nothing to do with intelligence), pass to Messi (you don't need to be smart do to that, lol) and complain. And he also doesn't seem like someone who is too intelligent outside the pitch. Well, at least he's smart/professional enough to stay out of troubles, we can give him that.

khaled_a_d

Frenkie played as a 10 in youth setups. Doesnt mean he should be used there.

If we need a 10, then yes we should.

When you watch Fati right now he looks like a LW. I would be very surprised if he ends up as a 9.

I watch him, and he looks like a striker who plays as a LW, just like Eto/Henry/Villa did with us.
I think most decisive thing will be how his speed will fare growing up, some might get stronger and more explosive which would help him to stay as winger, some will slow down, which will ensure he will be a CF

Messi983

Fati is a winger for now and should play there. In 3-4 years who knows.

Depends on his progress and also what other moves we'll make in coming years but for now I'd count on him as a winger and bring a new "9" in 2021 (like it or not Suarez will stay for another season as a starter so no need to waste money on Lautaro to play him on the wings, mostly on Fati's cost), preferably Haaland.

Home of Barca Fans