10 - Ansu Fati

FinBarcelonafan

Definitely too early. Talent is not enough to be successful. He has the attributes to do well, but there are so many things that can go wrong. I just hope he is mentally strong and can cope with being seen as the new star of la masia.

I remember when bojan broke through and was called up for the Spain euro 2008 squad. He couldn't handle the pressure and withdrew from the squad. Not everyone can deal with it.

He seems to deal with pressure pretty well. (So far).

Again, having Messi in your team takes pressured of you automatically.

Riordon

Definitely too early. Talent is not enough to be successful. He has the attributes to do well, but there are so many things that can go wrong. I just hope he is mentally strong and can cope with being seen as the new star of la masia.

I remember when bojan broke through and was called up for the Spain euro 2008 squad. He couldn't handle the pressure and withdrew from the squad. Not everyone can deal with it.

Yes Bojan 07/08 season was really great probably even better than this Fati season. I read somewhere bach then that some coaches in La Masia considered him better than Messi but stilled failed to make it. He lacked that "aggressiveness" and eager to success. Im bit afraid Fati will lack the same. This is why after next year we can judge him better.

Catta

For me Bojan was nothing special when he was introduced to the first team. I had higher hopes in Gio Dos Santos.

LeeRomeno

Bojan was weak mentally, pressure got him. Fati by the looks of it seems very down to earth guy, but at this age you will never really know. What he has is intelligence and goal-scoring instincts. Those are really things you cannot learn or train for. Speed is overrated, there have been so many young speed-merchants, who are 1 injury away from losing what makes them special, technique is important, but without brains, you will end up like Deulofeu. And strength is something you can gain putting in hours in gym. I also do not see him in future as a winger, but he can be very effective attacker. There are plenty of forwards in the world, who have been massively successful without really being that skilled with ball on their feet.
Take Lewandowski for example. He never really takes the ball and then gets pass 3 defenders and scores wondergoals, he is not the fastest or the flashiest forward in the world. But he has strong mentality, really good eye for goal and intelligence, he knows where to be and when and what to do.

xXKonan

Barto said in his MD interview that Fati, Puig and Araujo are being promoted to the first team.

While Obviously Araujo and Puig are at that age that should be getting first team football, it's still crazy that Fati in a span of a year was still a juvenil A player and hasn't even played a official match with the B team is now going to be a first team player.

kattanib

Barto said in his MD interview that Fati, Puig and Araujo are being promoted to the first team.

While Obviously Araujo and Puig are at that age that should be getting first team football, it's still crazy that Fati in a span of a year was still a juvenil A player and hasn't even played a official match with the B team is now going to be a first team player.

Its not about age, its about contribution. Age is what ruined football, buy inflated players due to their age/potential and not actual contribution in the current time

Jadentheman

It's not age, it's just the younger guys have social media hype behind them. So social media overinflates their true worth in most cases. Social Media really is ruining everything. This thing is happening in all sports and other trades.

Barcilliant

Bojan was a better finisher at his age than Fati or Messi but you could see his ceiling was limited and the mentality was suspect.
With Fati and Messi you see more potential, more relaxed and a stronger mentality.
Fati has a natural eye for goals and I see him as another Aguero.
He will move to a more central position in 3-4 years.

Alik

One of the things that stand out for me from Fati is his shot placement. He hardly ever blasts the ball, but knows how to place it just beyond the reach of the keeper or to completely wrong-foot him.

FinBarcelonafan

One of the things that stand out for me from Fati is his shot placement. He hardly ever blasts the ball, but knows how to place it just beyond the reach of the keeper or to completely wrong-foot him.

True he seems to have the eye of tiger. It's very rare.

Messi983

I think he has learned a thing or two from Messi.

Andresito

Staff member
He also scores those goals without looking at the goal or the keeper. He just instinctively knows where the goal is and places it calmly.

Home of Barca Fans