10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
"I'm sorry for those who want to take Messi's throne. He is the best in every sense of the word. He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants." -- Pep Guardiola.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
1455030_772437072782718_1304462315_n.jpg

Haha I haven't seen that before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He gave an interview to the argetinian newspaper Olé. Google translation here.

Not sure if the translation provided by Google is accurate, but from what I read, my impression is that Messi thinks the injuries are nothing special and he will not change his routine (diet, training regimen etc.) and he is not worried about the root cause of the injuries?

If that's true, it is very worrying.

F

Flavia

He said his diet didn't change (I assume since peps day), and that there's no special reason to his injuries. They just happened. But he'll recover 100% before coming back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He said his diet didn't change (I assume since peps day), and that there's no special reason to his injuries. They just happened. But he'll recover 100% before coming back.

Well, we know he was eating red meat, for starters. No special reason? This is what I am afraid of, that he is dismissing the injuries as "casual" or "accidental" without looking deeper to find the root cause. :shakeshead:

Mitchell1978

I still think the main reason is coming back to soon from injury (especially what happened last season against PSG) and pushing himself like he's 100 % already when he's clearly not fully fit.

numero

Dear God,

I have an exam tomorrow. Please wish me luck and help me pass it through.

Thank you.

p.s : come back already. :cry:

spark

Well, we know he was eating red meat, for starters. No special reason? This is what I am afraid of, that he is dismissing the injuries as "casual" or "accidental" without looking deeper to find the root cause. :shakeshead:

What are you talking about we know he was eating red meat? Where is the evidence?

spark

The picture of Messi's post-Clasico BBQ cookout with friends. Unless he was just cooking for his friends and not eating them himself.

If he is the only one eating grilled fish or whatever I would assume that a random photo would be more likely to include the meat he grilled for everyone else since they are the majority and he is the only one with a different non Argie diet. It would be different if he had a plate sat at a table.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Could be, he said in the interview he didn't change anything about his diet and exercise routines.

Great if he is still having the diet prescribed by Guardiola. In terms of training regimen, I wonder if he should strengthen stuff like endurance training like Don suggested, since he is getting older.

Either way, I am not liking the fact that he doesn't sound very concerning about why he is having these repeated injuries. Messi really should take care of his body religiously like CR7 does.

Stric

Messi really should take care of his body religiously like CR7 does.

None of us here knows to which extent either of them take care of their bodies, let alone who does it more "religiously". It's absurd to think we know enough about Messi's life to make that kind of judgement. For all we know, maybe Cristiano just has extremely good genetics and health in general, and that's why he gets injured less than Messi. It's disrespectful towards Messi to jump to conclusions about him not taking good enough care of himself without in-depth knowledge of the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans