10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Messi

If you think about it,he doesn't score at big matches anymore,which is kind of alarming.IF we eventually win the treble,none will be saying "this was messi's success",which is not ideal for his legacy.OF COURSE I WANT US TO WIN THE TREBLE,I AM JUST SAYING THAT I WOULD WANT HIM TO SCORE MORE IN BIG MATCHES.Anyway,against PSG,MC,Real and Atleti it is:
Messi 3
Ney 5
Suarez 7
iirc

First of all his stats vs those 4 teams this season are:

4 goals 5 assists

Next even in yesterday's game, he did not get enough touches, PSG were set out to stop him getting it in dangerous areas. When he did get the ball he was dangerous everytime, had some great dribbles, assist and a great shot off the post while coming close a few other times.. almost set up Suarez for his hattrick and had a free kick saved.

The reason we signed Ney and Suarez is to take the burden off Messi and it's working well, I don't want to go back to being the team where if Messi does not score we're going to find it hard to win. If we win this treble or 1 of the two major trophies, Messi has been our best player and will rightfully get loads of praise don't worry.

Morten

Watch the game again. He was the organizer and wasn't just waiting the ball in the box. Considering that he looks a bit burnedout, he was really good.

Perhaps, but i thought his passes were quite sloppy. It wasnt about goals or numbers, i really thought even his playmaking was quite lacking. Didnt have a bad match, but far from briliant imo.

dakt

Perhaps, but i thought his passes were quite sloppy. It wasnt about goals or numbers, i really thought even his playmaking was quite lacking. Didnt have a bad match, but far from briliant imo.

If he had been brilliant, PSG would cease to exist and we would read about it in the news.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well I liked his game, specially the first half. He played that midfield forward link role to perfection. Messi doesn't have to be the scorer or the aggressor in every game anymore, not with Suarez and Neymar in the team. He can now pick and choose what to do in each game to better serve the team.

NotInHere

Messi plays now FOR the team, while still showing individual brilliance now and then, like many of you have stated he now has two guys that can perfectly score goals and put the team on their back. If Messi plays like he did today, I'd die happy because he's helping his team win games and you can tell he's not really worried about that rivarly between him and Ronaldo.

But I expect many nostalgic comments from now on, "man I miss the old Messi :(" I think the people who liked his flashy game will mourn more then ever, but that's perfectly fine because the rest of us will enjoy the team player he is now.

Stric

Messi plays now FOR the team, while still showing individual brilliance now and then, like many of you have stated he now has two guys that can perfectly score goals and put the team on their back. If Messi plays like he did today, I'd die happy because he's helping his team win games and you can tell he's not really worried about that rivarly between him and Ronaldo.

But I expect many nostalgic comments from now on, "man I miss the old Messi :(" I think the people who liked his flashy game will mourn more then ever, but that's perfectly fine because the rest of us will enjoy the team player he is now.

Well put. And even with this attitude, he still scored 45 goals so far this season and is our top scorer. It's amazing how he does both so efficiently, and simultaneously.

raskolnikov

If a player scores 50 goals a season and has 30 assists and we win team prizes how can anyone be unhappy about that, its amazing.

Kohe321

The Three Musketeers. From todays training :)

vn23XD.gif

:messi: :neymar: :suarez:

doublehh03

Messi started out wide. PSG was actually outplaying us first 5-10 minutes or so. Then you can see Messi move back toward the midfield to help the team out.

I think Messi simply does what's needed of him. He's an overall beast and the GOAT for a reason. The guy can do it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans