10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
plus their defenders are not as good as those from man city.

Not sure about that...

demichelis-city-on-right-path-136385733586214202

the good thing about rayo is that they give you a lot of space and that is why messi constantly plays well against them, plus their defenders are not as good as those from man city.

Its not about him playing well. He always plays well in my opinion. Its the difference in effort which worries me. Unless your point was that Rayo gives more space and therefore he runs more to hit those gaps. But even then that's no excuse for me. In a game of this magnitude he shoulda been trying that much harder to find the little space that City gave him.

I follow this board almost every day, I just dont post that often so I know what the view is on Messi's "laziness". I'm fine with him conserving his energy on the defensive side and not pressing as often as the rest of the team does. I was just bringing up how he looked (effort wise) vs a much weaker opponent in a game with much less meaning than the one played today.

Alik

I don't think he was lazy today by his standards. There were moments. Work rate was above average, complete performance not so much.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
When it was needed, Messi did a lot of pressing and tracking back. If people can't see that then they're simply trolling.

Agreed Messi's workrate today was more than usual he dropped back and pressed many time made some good run but ran into City's wall and was hacked down by Kompany as soon as he touched the ball near the City penalty area

Alissa

He was great last night, how can people not see that? Why do you think City was scared to come out and play? Because of this guy, plain and simple. A complete performance by him.

Rahj

Its not about him playing well. He always plays well in my opinion. Its the difference in effort which worries me. Unless your point was that Rayo gives more space and therefore he runs more to hit those gaps. But even then that's no excuse for me. In a game of this magnitude he shoulda been trying that much harder to find the little space that City gave him.

I follow this board almost every day, I just dont post that often so I know what the view is on Messi's "laziness". I'm fine with him conserving his energy on the defensive side and not pressing as often as the rest of the team does. I was just bringing up how he looked (effort wise) vs a much weaker opponent in a game with much less meaning than the one played today.

that was my point. MAYBE messi puts in more effort against teams which give him space, because his efforts are more likely to be rewarded. concerning demichelis, it was pretty obvious that he was the weak link of man city's line up.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
There were moments that Kompany tacked Messi all the way up to the middle circle, no wonder it was hard for him yesterday.

Messi_Goal

Can someone explain me why he shut off after 65 min. Not trying to criticise, genuine question
It wasn't just Messi the whole team did that's why I don't understand why Tata wasn't a bit more positive after we went a man up and goal up,It was like we were happy to win 0-1

raedkuwait

Can someone explain me why he shut off after 65 min. Not trying to criticise, genuine question

at 65 min or so, he got a hard tackle and i was thinking he got injured or something, then did i c some one from the side line
talking to him or am i wrong, this is when he started not trying his best, maybe he got scared that they will injure him.
i have a recording of the game when i go home ill check it again maybe some one else noticed that.

Alarcón

at 65 min or so, he got a hard tackle and i was thinking he got injured or something, then did i c some one from the side line
talking to him or am i wrong, this is when he started not trying his best, maybe he got scared that they will injure him.
i have a recording of the game when i go home ill check it again maybe some one else noticed that.

I noticed that as well. He got tackled by Kompany, then approached by Pautasso (I think) and didn't try much after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans