10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

So how can Leo be effective against Atletico? I know its not really his fault many shirts are always on him, but part of me thinks Simeone has studied the way he plays for countless of hours and his players also. What can Leo do to be effective against them?

Make more passes like the one he gave to Iniesta? Play right wing? Idk.

CatalinR10

So how can Leo be effective against Atletico? I know its not really his fault many shirts are always on him, but part of me thinks Simeone has studied the way he plays for countless of hours and his players also. What can Leo do to be effective against them?

Play RW or put someone in front of him.

Or just keep him in the same possition and wait untill he provides something magic ...like his pass to Iniesta.

Anyway , the way he dribbled Miranda ( i think... ) left me with my mouth oppened. He must have touched the ball 4 times in under a second.

raskolnikov

Messi don't need to score, the way they mark him it will make room for others and would eventually lead to goals, im pretty sure we can get two goals at Calderon, just play Neymar and Bench Cesc for Alexis or Pedro and we will be allright.

NotInHere

Play RW or put someone in front of him.

Or just keep him in the same possition and wait untill he provides something magic ...like his pass to Iniesta.

Anyway , the way he dribbled Miranda ( i think... ) left me with my mouth oppened. He must have touched the ball 4 times in under a second.
Agreed, problem is, our plays usually don't put him in good positions for him to get past defenders, he has to be constantly moving without the ball(that's one of his jobs anyway, he has to do this) in order to receive the ball without anyone pressuring him from behind, but he receives the ball miles away from inside the box, thus making short passes and running back again to a 4 man defense, then you have Alves making those crosses, how the hell is Messi gonna head the ball?

I was also in disbelief how well Leo treated the ball in that play, that's the type of magic that only these players can do, but the problem is that not even geniuses like him can produce those kind of plays every trip.

Kerrybai

Well if he can provide 2 more opportunities for others to score and they take them then that's enough. We have to be ruthless in front of goal. We won't get more than half a dozen good chances so we have no margin for error.

I'd go with the 4-3-3 as both Neymar and Messi improved when Sanchez came in and Iniesta dropped back.

NotInHere

Well if he can provide 2 more opportunities for others to score and they take them then that's enough. We have to be ruthless in front of goal. We won't get more than half a dozen good chances so we have no margin for error.

I'd go with the 4-3-3 as both Neymar and Messi improved when Sanchez came in and Iniesta dropped back.
I've always admired Alexis determination to maintain the ball attached to his feet and not letting it go even if many defenders are on him, also love how physical he is. Unlike Cesc Fabregas, whose as slow as a turtle.

Neymar really needs to start getting past their defense and succeeding at it, that way defenders will focus on him and leave Messi a gap where he could operate.

Pepe Silvia

73d2a08cba4c11e3957512f7cf5a730f_8.jpg

leomessiTchakap! Tchakap #TchakapSysteme������ @17alexsong

:lol:
Kind of looks like a young De Niro in that pic.

Pepe Silvia

I've always admired Alexis determination to maintain the ball attached to his feet and not letting it go even if many defenders are on him, also love how physical he is. Unlike Cesc Fabregas, whose as slow as a turtle.

Neymar really needs to start getting past their defense and succeeding at it, that way defenders will focus on him and leave Messi a gap where he could operate.
Alexis is not physical at all, none of our forwards are physical. We have a crew of scrappy forwards, but none physical. Tello may perhaps turn into one though.

Lomar1o

ssup guys, maybe i'm asking a stupid question, but i couldn't find anything about it, so i'll just ask. did you notice messi's black eye last week against atletico? what's the story? no one commented on it, there were no articles, or maybe i just missed all of it but to this day i'm wondering what was wrong with his left eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans