10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
It was nice for fifa to give him the golden ball though. Now when people slam him in their arguments years from now people can show them he actually played quite well and has the award to show for it.
agreed..like RM fans uses those 5 CL trophies won back then.

Heavy

Germany are clear favorites for the next world cup but even so at max I would give them 20% to win, even believing they are much better, today almost any team on the world cup can realistic knock you out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Atleast this time the Argentinians who blamed him for not caring about the NT and being and outsider looks to be happy about his performance this WC from the comments I've read.

Kerrybai

He should chin up and not lose hope and be motivated, work even harder for the next time. It's gonna be difficult, more than it was this time, but it's definitely not impossible if Argentina can get something good going on with their team in the next 4 years.

But for now, he need rest and stay away from football(Well it depends on how he himself see it) and spend some time with his family.

No rest for Messi, he'll be jetting off around the world promoting Adidas and Gilette etc, then on to pre season crap before another season with Barca... oh and he has 2 copa Americas during the next 2 summers. He never gets a rest.

CatalinR10

It was nice for fifa to give him the golden ball though. Now when people slam him in their arguments years from now people can show them he actually played quite well and has the award to show for it.

nah....

90% of the comments so far regards Messi winning that award are that he didn't deserve it , fifa bla bla , messi is blatter's son , etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No rest for Messi, he'll be jetting off around the world promoting Adidas and Gilette etc, then on to pre season crap before another season with Barca... oh and he has 2 copa Americas during the next 2 summers. He never gets a rest.

Ah well... I hope not. He should stay in Argentina with his family or wherever he want to be until he joins the Barcelona squad for pre-season sometime in the first week of August I reckon.

ricknattery

I understand the thought process behind this but that's usually not what happens IMO. Look how the Spanish core played in 10/11 after the World Cup victory. Arguably the height of the Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, crowned by the 5-0 Clasico and 3-1 in Wembley. Look how Iniesta played after Euro 2012 and winning the European Player Of The Year award when he got a bit of individual recognition. The football he played from August until around February was possibly his best. Look how Ribery played when he had a chance to win the Ballon d'Or and how he completely faded after he didn't get it.

Usually you ride this kind of euphoria train for a while. I'm 100 % convinced that Ronaldinho gave up on football after failing to lead Brazil in 2006. For Brazilians that stage is obviously particularly important. 05/06 he was on top of the world, winning the double with Barca and getting applauded in the Bernabeu. After the failed World Cup he didn't give a damn anymore.

I'm not claiming he will do a Ronaldinho. Maybe he'll get back to his best. But realistically part of him died today IMO.

R10 faded before the WC 06, he was MIA in the CL final against Arsenal and many games before that. Messi needs a long rest and get treated

adil_909

of course real madrid fans would want us to sell messi. any barca fan that wants to sell messi should kindly find a new team to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans