10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie

You are completely right.
However, I'm sure they'll never learn it.

- Aguero is overrated as hell, selfish and injury-prone

- Di Maria is a selfish headless chicken

- Higuain is a choker of first category.

I'm really waiting for Dybala.

Messi, Dybala and Di Maria should be the attack. Higuain and Aguero are huge letdowns. Tevez has had his time and the likes of Lavezzi and Palacio aren't good enough.

Di Maria is either really good or really bad, but at least he's a match-winner on his day.

Alik

It's obvious that he will leave a big hole to be filled.

And that might be compounded by the fact that Suarez is the same age and might leave around the same time or earlier. So a lot will depend on how we replace Suarez first.

Same with Busquets, who is only a year younger.

Hopefully Neymar, Sergi Roberto and MAtS, stay put for the long-run to become the future leaders of this team.

Messi983

It's obvious that he will leave a big hole to be filled.

And that might be compounded by the fact that Suarez is the same age and might leave around the same time or earlier. So a lot will depend on how we replace Suarez first.

Same with Busquets, who is only a year younger.

Hopefully Neymar, Sergi Roberto and MAtS, stay put for the long-run to become the future leaders of this team.

I think Suarez will leave in 3 or 4 years and Messi will still be here for at least 6 or 7 years. No doubt he'll decline but I think he'll still be an important part of the team even at 34 or 35 years. He'll lose some of his dribling skills and goalscoring abilities (he already lost some compared to 3 or 4 years back when he still played as false 9) but creativity and vision will always stay so we'll probably use him more in midfield. When he won't be physically able to play 90 minutes every game anymore he'll probably get some kind of Xavi role from last season and will still be useful.

I still have high hopes for Samper being Busquets longterm replacement. Maybe Roberto too, but I like him more as a CM because he's quicker so I kinda see him more as Iniesta replacement (which we'll need before).

I love Suarez but I don't think it will be really that hard to replace him. Most of us also think we'll have harder time to replace Valdes when he left (probably mostly because of our past experience when we had a decade of bad to average GKs between Zubi and VV) but we are perfectly fine here (with all respect to VV I think we upgraded GK position and both Bravo and MAtS are better). I think it will be similar with Suarez. It will probably take some time and maybe big financial investment but we'll get someone who's at least as good if not better.

Replacing Busquets and especially Messi will be a lot harder but we shouldn't look for direct replacements for them as they are both unique players. As were Puyol and Xavi. I think we made a mistake for trying to replace Puyol for too long instead of just bring in a good CB who would complement Pique good. We also made a mistake in thinking that Cesc could be a longtime replacement for Xavi. Luckily, we did get rid of him quickly and Lucho also changed system so we don't really need a "new Xavi" right now and we are not looking for him because we won't find him.

It will be a sad day when Busquets and Messi will leave/retire but eventually we'll survive without them. They all helped to change Barça and football history but Barça is bigger than any player and has survived for 100 years before them and will live for at least another 100 years after them. Most of us probably won't even see most of those next 100 years so I don't really worry about that right now. I just try to enjoy the present without thinking too much about the future.

FinBarcelonafan

I think Suarez will leave in 3 or 4 years and Messi will still be here for at least 6 or 7 years. No doubt he'll decline but I think he'll still be an important part of the team even at 34 or 35 years. He'll lose some of his dribling skills and goalscoring abilities (he already lost some compared to 3 or 4 years back when he still played as false 9) but creativity and vision will always stay so we'll probably use him more in midfield. When he won't be physically able to play 90 minutes every game anymore he'll probably get some kind of Xavi role from last season and will still be useful.

I still have high hopes for Samper being Busquets longterm replacement. Maybe Roberto too, but I like him more as a CM because he's quicker so I kinda see him more as Iniesta replacement (which we'll need before).

I love Suarez but I don't think it will be really that hard to replace him. Most of us also think we'll have harder time to replace Valdes when he left (probably mostly because of our past experience when we had a decade of bad to average GKs between Zubi and VV) but we are perfectly fine here (with all respect to VV I think we upgraded GK position and both Bravo and MAtS are better). I think it will be similar with Suarez. It will probably take some time and maybe big financial investment but we'll get someone who's at least as good if not better.

Replacing Busquets and especially Messi will be a lot harder but we shouldn't look for direct replacements for them as they are both unique players. As were Puyol and Xavi. I think we made a mistake for trying to replace Puyol for too long instead of just bring in a good CB who would complement Pique good. We also made a mistake in thinking that Cesc could be a longtime replacement for Xavi. Luckily, we did get rid of him quickly and Lucho also changed system so we don't really need a "new Xavi" right now and we are not looking for him because we won't find him.

It will be a sad day when Busquets and Messi will leave/retire but eventually we'll survive without them. They all helped to change Barça and football history but Barça is bigger than any player and has survived for 100 years before them and will live for at least another 100 years after them. Most of us probably won't even see most of those next 100 years so I don't really worry about that right now. I just try to enjoy the present without thinking too much about the future.

Suarez is one of the best strikers in the world. It's not gonna be easy to replace him by any means.

FinBarcelonafan

The problem Barca are going to have is being priced out the market.

True. English clubs have more and more money and they just throw it around like crazy. Market is going crazy for average to good players. Soon you have to pay 150 mil € for the top players. Barcelona can't compete with that, especially If they change those TV-money rules and divide the money more.. Barca could be in trouble.

Mitchell1978

True. English clubs have more and more money and they just throw it around like crazy. Market is going crazy for average to good players. Soon you have to pay 150 mil € for the top players. Barcelona can't compete with that, especially If they change those TV-money rules and divide the money more.. Barca could be in trouble.

Barca will continue to get at least the same amount of money from the new TV-deal (like RM but other teams will receive more) so thats not the problem.
Problem is the PL-teams will be getting more and more.

El Flaco

Messi's pass to Aguero vs. Chile

[gfy]FortunateSaltyArgentineruddyduck[/gfy]

Alternative angle

[gfy]BlushingPlumpAss[/gfy]

Messi's pass to Lavezzi

[gfy]FamiliarNastyDorking[/gfy]

bismp

He hasn't scored in 4 consecutive Clasicos iirc.And it's not like he actually played well in those games either

Egert

Estonian Culé
Came very close to scoring 3-1 in last season last Clasico. Hopefully he can break that "record" but the most important thing is to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans