10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Neutralized is absolutely the wrong word. That words means you're rendering someone ineffective or harmless, and Messi was most definitely very effective and caused Juve a lot of harm.

What Juventus did was avoid getting absolutely wrecked by Messi like Bilbao was, or like Bayern was in the first leg. That in itself, was a small accomplishment for Juve, but they definitely could not neutralize him.

Stric

My bad on the wording then, honest mistake. "Avoid getting absolutely wrecked by Messi" is definitely a better choice of words. :lol: Anyway, what I wanted to say was that Juventus did a good job stopping Messi from doing what he did to Bilbao, Bayern and what he does in La Liga weekly. He didn't score or assist, and it wasn't for a lack of effort on his part. They did well against him, but they couldn't stop everything he does, so he still influenced the game otherwise.

LordLichtenstein

My bad on the wording then, honest mistake. "Avoid getting absolutely wrecked by Messi" is definitely a better choice of words. :lol: Anyway, what I wanted to say was that Juventus did a good job stopping Messi from doing what he did to Bilbao, Bayern and what he does in La Liga weekly. He didn't score or assist, and it wasn't for a lack of effort on his part. They did well against him, but they couldn't stop everything he does, so he still influenced the game otherwise.
We forgive you :cheers:

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Messi may not have scored today but he kept Juventus busy and occupied and allowed other players to come into the game. Does anyone have a GIF of his dribble when he went into the Juve penalty area from the halfline and earned a corner ?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To celebrate our treble, I am posting pictures of my latest accquisition, a Messi match-issued CL jersey autographed by the whole team and Luis Enrique, received just in time.

Thank you Leo, thank you the whole team, what a season! :barcascarf:

2u3wapz.jpg

5mzrzl.jpg

s5uwj9.jpg

2hcqmq0.jpg

Icarium

Lifestealer
Juve did their best to contain. But even without scoring he can win us matches. That is how good messi is, but kudos to juve for not letting him boss especially considering the form he was in. All goals messi played a huge part Imo.

King Leo

Banned
Few notes:

Juve was able to calm Messi down a little but he managed to have few dribles that contributed to tonight's victory.
Messi wont have much rest before next week's Copa matches, so not sure how his performance will turn out to be. He really needs to win this one for Argentina.
For the love of GOD please find a new barber coz dude you have a problem with the current one.

F

Flavia

I have to post these here, after the wc final last year:

Not trolling but really sell and sell fast

Beast said:
Why? your statements during the Holland game were logical, but why are you saying this now? This game he played better than vs holland.
Give me couple of hours because I'm traveling and I'll tell you why if it's not obvious

every madridista dream is that Messi leaves Barça... Worse was some cules agreed with that, back then. He bounced back and here we are. we have the best player ever. I hope he retires at Barça.

Thank you, Lio. Without you, there'd be no treble.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Beast acknowledged Messi is the GOAT. Not kidding, he really did. I was left shocked too, but he was serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans