10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Flaco

Really hope he wins the Copa this summer. It'll be a travesty if he retires without making a mark for his country. I will forever hold a grudge against Higuain for his pathetic performance in the 2014 World Cup Final too.

Don't forget Rodrigo Palacio, his performance was just as bad as Higuain in that match.

sickstar

Don't forget Rodrigo Palacio, his performance was just as bad as Higuain in that match.

Hopefully Huguain is a better striker today. His amazing feat in serie A better reflects at copa too. To me, physically, he looks skinner now.. probably lost some weight.

George_Costanza

Hopefully Huguain is a better striker today. His amazing feat in serie A better reflects at copa too. To me, physically, he looks skinner now.. probably lost some weight.

Argentina_copy.jpg

Last edited:

Sande

Messi has scored more goals this year than ronaldo and he has more assist too + Messi won two titles and ronaldo only one so Messi is favourite to win ballondor

Stric

Messi has scored more goals this year than ronaldo and he has more assist too + Messi won two titles and ronaldo only one so Messi is favourite to win ballondor

Not that simple, really. The Champions League is rated much higher than domestic competitions, especially by people outside the actual football community.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi is to win it, then he need to win the Copa America and have a great autumn. It's all about the momentum going in to the voting season. A lot of people in the Football World with short-term memories.

barcanuck

If Messi is to win it, then he need to win the Copa America and have a great autumn. It's all about the momentum going in to the voting season. A lot of people in the Football World with short-term memories.

This year out of all years I really don't expect Messi to get the Ballon. If Suarez wins Copa then he gets it, if Ronaldo wins Euros he gets it. Otherwise it's a toss up.

Stric

I agree. If the voters haven't already lost their shit about Cristina scoring a penalty in a penalty shootout, this will be decided by how the two of them play Sep-Nov.

sickstar

I don't. I watch matches. That's how I know that Messi's the best.

I agree that Whoscored does mess up things, but at least they count. You can say that but so does Christiano's. Until there is someone who keeps record of every passes, dribbles etc for let say Messi or Cristiano and they are available to be viewed by many people, and it is done consistenly throughout the whole season then statements are still considered biased, subjective. It would be safer for manybpeople to consider those as merely opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans