10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Non-stop arguing for several hours up to like what 5am in the morning? Desperate double replies, weak edits, unlimited ad-hominem fallacies, 0 counterpoints made.

One of a kind Jam

JamDav1982

Non-stop arguing for several hours up to like what 5am in the morning? Desperate double replies, weak edits, unlimited ad-hominem fallacies, 0 counterpoints made.

One of a kind Jam

Go delete more of the shite you spoke about how Barca would be laughing stock of world trying to sign Coutinho.

Or just make up more lies about things you claim I said. Up to you.

Barca going into worst era since Gaspart
Paulinho a money laundering signing
Next Ac Milan
Paulinho money laundering signing
Incompetent idiots not hiring Sampaoli instead of Valverde
Coutinho is shit

Maybe even go further back to when you told me Raki and Rafinha were great and the future or when you told me Neymar couldnt handle european football and was nothing but a show pony with a hair cut.

Maybe delete all of that as well.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Go delete more of the shite you spoke about how Barca would be laughing stock of world trying to sign Coutinho.

Or just make up more lies about things you claim I said. Up to you.

Barca going into worst era since Gaspart
Paulinho a money laundering signing
Next Ac Milan
Paulinho money laundering signing
Incompetent idiots not hiring Sampaoli instead of Valverde
Coutinho is shit

Maybe even go further back to when you told me Raki and Rafinha were great and the future or when you told me Neymar couldnt handle european football and was nothing but a show pony with a hair cut.

Maybe delete all of that as well.

Jesus :lol: talk about triggered, but I guess that's perpetual with you. Wouldn't wanna get into this and keep you awake even longer though, if you even sleep at all.

You can sign off on this one with the signature "Jamdav wins again"

JamDav1982

Jesus :lol: talk about triggered, but I guess that's perpetual with you. Wouldn't wanna get into this and keep you awake even longer though, if you even sleep at all.

You can sign off on this one with the signature "Jamdav wins again"

You were triggered enough to go back and delete the shit you wrote it seems.

Weasel behaviour.

Then make up lies as you are so triggered.

Winning against you is easy. Dont need to declare it.

Now go back and delete all the rubbish you wrote. Imagine actually doing that:lol::lol:

jamrock

What a weak and desperate straw-man you've been clinging to for months to deflect and steer away the discussion when your actual argument is blatant rubbish. Just deflecting from yet another stupid opinion which you've got a fair share of akin to "keeping Cesc and selling Thiago the 4th choice mid was the right call" or "Neymar best player in the world" or "Dele Alli would be an elite deep lying midfielder" lmao.

This too is an utter rubbish claim that you have made next to no solid arguments in favor of.... Head to head?? Gimme a break. No one uses head to head as an indicator in the overall performance of a season other than as a tie breaker, matchups/tactics/context all skew that greatly.

Since the beginning of 14/15 RM have won 10 total trophies to our 9. 2 CL trophies to 1 and have made the CL finals in 2 years and semifinals in the other year compared to 2 quarterfinal exits and 1 finals appearance. Equal in league points up until this season. We even handicapped a CDR title without having to play them due to disqualification. I even gave you a more flattering example for Barca based on the timescale. If you extend this timeframe back 1 year further it looks even WORSE for us as they have a 3rd CL win and finals appearance while we had yet ANOTHER quarterfinals exit. To anyone else except you those CL wins would have a lot of extra weight as it is clearly BY FAR the most prestigious club competition in the world. And winning 3 titles in 4 years is not "just a handful of games" it is a trend across multiple seasons and NO ONE else has won CL's that frequently in a short period.

You're even over here trying to shit on Stoichkov1 saying "La Liga's isn't about total points accumulated and margins of a few games but rather # of titles won" and then double standard the exact opposite for the CL with "oh but it's not about having 3 titles in 4 years but rather just a handful of games in their favor". What a substandard demonstration of "logic".

Please go to any neutral site and make these same claims of "Barca better than RM in the past 3 years" or "Barca better starting XI than RM in 16/17". It would be genuinely embarrassing and you would get absolutely eviscerated for saying it if they even bothered to give your opinion attention in the first place.

And for the record I don't agree at all that Ronaldo was better in 2016. But you were making grand claims on behalf of "football managers" and the like, the 2016 Balon D'or is as definitive proof as you could get otherwise. Domestic comps all favored Messi, CL favored Ronaldo and that gave him the Balon D'or by a RECORD MARGIN of votes. That's what people actually believe. Not your utter BS.

You are a master troll tho I'll give you that :lol:

Do DA comes up with this and jam replies with go find the post you deleted?.

Lol what the hell kinda reply is that from the only man in the world who thinks we had an about equal sqaud to Madrid over the past few years.

LeeRomeno

So it is completely out of question Real and Barca have been similar strength sides in recent years and trophies won have been down to small details, it has to be so that one team is by far better right?
As much as I dislike fans trashing their own squad I also dislike thinking of Zidanes run as something completely based on luck. Truth is somewhere in the middle...

Messi983

If managers, players, and journalists all truly believed that domestic league > CL in terms of difficulty and accomplishment then Ronaldo wouldn't have even sniffed the Balon D'or in 2016. Barca won La liga, Barca won CDR, Messi was better individually in both of those competitions. The ONLY thing Ronaldo had over Messi was the CL.

And guess what? Not only did Ronaldo win the Balon D'or, he won it with more than DOUBLE Messi's votes (745 to 316). Don't ever spew horseshit about footballing personas believing that domestic league >>> CL.

He also won Euro with Portugal while Higuain choked Copa America title for Messi.

serghei

I've been following the conversation in bits and pieces, and I can tell this much:

1) There is no best team in the world that doesn't win its domestic league. Let's get that straight from the start. Can't finish on the 4th place in Spain and win the CL and just like magic be the best team in the world even though 3 teams were better than you in Spain alone. There is no way Real Madrid was a better team in 2014 and 2016 than Atletico. 2017 is a completely different story.

A CL win means the best team in the world title when that team wins the league as well, and even then it can be misleading because a succesful CL campaign can have many routes.

2) The media and fans don't view the CL winner as the best team in the world every time. It depends. Ronaldo got the Ballon d'Or after an amazing CL campaign, and Sneijder didn't for getting the treble with Inter in 2010.

3) In general, rationally speaking, the CL is too much dependent on random factors (draws, referee errors, luck in games etc.) in order to make the connection between CL Winner - Best team in the world without fault every single time. The competition is built in such a way that it is going more for drama and entertainment (which go hand in hand with 'surprize' and 'shock' factors), at the expense of establishing a righteous winner every time (basically making sure the best team wins), which could be seen as more 'predictable' by a lot of casual fans. So, if the competition itself is not looking to make the conditions as uniform and as fair as possible for every team involved, then why should I, as a fan, automatically judge, without doubt, that the team that wins the CL is automatically the best? Makes no sense logically.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

400th La Liga game , 363 'Golazo's ' , 141 Assists.. . All the best La Pulga . Hope his 400th liga goal would be against white scums in Bernaleo

henias

2) The media and fans don't view the CL winner as the best team in the world every time. It depends. Ronaldo got the Ballon d'Or after an amazing CL campaign, and Sneijder didn't for getting the treble with Inter in 2010.

Forget about evaluating whether fans and media consider CL or domestic league, Ballon d' or itself is very much flawed. The fact that these voters don't watch full games or even consider in-game stats, basically just vaguely rounding up goals and assists, where Ronaldo and Messi often triumph in these stats. It's no surprise that a less pupular candidate Sneijder would get snubbed. They then see whether who won the CL between Ronaldo and Messi and often vote for the one who won it. A headline picture with Ronaldo holding the trophy or winning an important international match would be powerful enough to throw off any voter's thought of placing others as first in their top 3 contenders. Ribery shud have won the one in 2013 because of the CL, but again Ronaldo got it bcos he was top scorer and an international hero. The Ballon shud nvr be used as an accurate benchmark for their performances in general.

It's definitely possible to win the CL without winning the domestic leagues, vice versa. Barcelona was the better team but they lacked tactical superiority against more defensive compact teams (Atletico, Juventus). It all boils down to tactics when u pit the best teams together.

RMU ReBorn

i can't believe that people are still comparing that upgraded version of Gerd Muller with Leo even in 2018 . That to in Barca forum . :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans