11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Ah, so because Lucho and the others are the professionals, we should all blindly follow and accept their every move? I suppose that was also true a few years back, when the board and coach let Thiago slip? Because, you know, they're the professionals who knows what's up, right?

Aside from your all high and mighty lecturing on how we fans are supposed to conduct ourselves in regards to the club we support, I feel I need to remind you of the fact that this club, hell this sport, wouldn't exist without the fans. And, I know I'm being absolutely bonkers here, but some of us actually tend to be partial to entertainment - which, lo and behold, sometimes entails fancy footwork involving the ball. Crazy shit, I know...

Wow, way to miss the point completely. You're talking about sporting decisions, and I'm talking about professional conduct. Two completely different areas. But seeing as you have no real argument against what I said, it doesn't surprise me that you resort to unrelated areas to make some kind of comeback.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
ًWhat he said was professional IMO ,he didn't accuse Neymar of anything .he said it is normal in Brazil and basically indicating that he isn't used to some difference in football culture between there and here .

I don't see what is wrong with what he said .And actually I agree to the fullest . this trick looked like mocking the opposition and that will never be taken lightly on the highest level .
players own each other respect even during the biggest wins/defeats and it did seem that most people on the pitch like Bilbao players & coach ,our coach Pique with even some of our players reaction on pitch it looked like all of them got it as a sign of disrespect

He said he understand Athletic''s players reaction and that he would have done the same or worse.

It's the last part which sounds weird to say the least. He could have said it to Neymar himself instead of all out in the public. That's my problem with it, because to say something like this, it usually should be done behind the scenes and not infront of the entire world in the open.

He could have said that he understands the Athletic players reaction and how they thought it was disrespectful in a high profile and intense game like this, he didn't need to voice his own opinion about how he would have reacted to the press. That should've been done to Neymar himself and just him. If Lucho doesn't like something with his own players then he should say so to them personally.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Wow, way to miss the point completely. You're talking about sporting decisions, and I'm talking about professional conduct. Two completely different areas. But seeing as you have no real argument against what I said, it doesn't surprise me that you resort to unrelated areas to make some kind of comeback.

Doing a legal football move should never be considered unprofessional conduct. It's Spain that needs to change, not Neymar.

khaled_a_d

He said he understand Athletic''s players reaction and that he would have done the same or worse.

Yes ,but you can't just take a part of the statement .as I said in my post he said it is normal in Brazil and it is basically a misunderstanding due to cultural difference .what isn't taken easily here is normal there .

Morten

Doing a legal football move should never be considered unprofessional conduct. It's Spain that needs to change, not Neymar.

Am i the only one who saw what happened? Really, Neymar tried his tricks but it didnt work then he fell down at the sligthest contact, i call it a dive. Thats why the defenders got pissed.

Stric

As I said at least 5 times already, I personally disagree with the sentiment that players shouldn't do this. We can agree on what should and shouldn't be considered unprofessional conduct. But what is or isn't at the moment is a different thing, obviously. And ultimately, until things change, that's what matters. I do agree that it's not Neymar who needs to change. But he alone won't change Spain, and in the meantime he'll only bring harm to himself and the club.

They're just angry cause they know he's the heir apparent to the balon' dor. No matter how much they try they'll never be as good as him and they're angry cause they know that he knows it. And he also makes in a year what they make in their entire careers.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
ًWhat he said was professional IMO ,he didn't accuse Neymar of anything .he said it is normal in Brazil and basically indicating that he isn't used to some difference in football culture between there and here .

I don't see what is wrong with what he said .And actually I agree to the fullest . this trick looked like mocking the opposition and that will never be taken lightly on the highest level .
players own each other respect even during the biggest wins/defeats and it did seem that most people on the pitch like Bilbao players & coach ,our coach Pique with even some of our players reaction on pitch it looked like all of them got it as a sign of disrespect

If you know Spanish you'd know what Lucho said was stupid and indeed douchey. He completely took Bilbao's side and made it seem that such foolery and stupidity is acceptable in Brazil but not in Spain, pretty much demeaning Brazil in the process.

It was douchey and very poorly handled by him.

Kohe321

Athletic's reaction was absolute tasteless nonsense of the highest order. Listen, if it's a legit drible to get past your marker, then go for it. It's not like he picked up the ball with his hands and ran with it.

What, are we going to ban certain dribles now because they showcase too much skill, or have a certain flair to them? Is football only to be played with conservative dribles and ways to lose your marker from now, or else the likes of Gabi or Mikel San José get offended? Absurd.

The worst thing is, you'd think this was the rule as the referee did absolutely nothing to intervene and stop the blatant aggression, he basically allowed Neymar to be ganged up on, leaving it to his teammates alone to get him out of that absurd situation. Alves stood in the way and had to endure quite a lot of pushing for instance. And to top it off, as far as I could see, José didn't even receive a yellow for his behavior? Yeah, I wonder what would have happened if the roles were flipped and Neymar was the one showing that kind of malicious intent towards another player. Despicable stuff.

Also very disappointed in Lucho for taking the absurd stance of defending the behaviour of Athletic's players, and thus throwing Neymar under the bus in the process. As [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] said, you simply don't do that.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Am i the only one who saw what happened? Really, Neymar tried his tricks but it didnt work then he fell down at the sligthest contact, i call it a dive. Thats why the defenders got pissed.

Defender impeded his progress with his arms, that's illegal and considered obstruction.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Btw, even if you feel Neymar was showboating and shouldn't be doing that, Bilbao's players reactions were downright pathetic. You'd think Neymar had literally spit on their face the amount of outrage and fury they reacted with. Get a fucking grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans