11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
don't worry guys we are selling neymar in the summer dont forget..can't afford to keep him

Why not ?

We can just follow the englightened ones Total-Football & Zidane121's advice, and sell Messi to City since he's shit anyway.

And we get to keep Neymar, the consistent and commited one.

JamDav1982

Why not ?

We can just follow the englightened ones Total-Football & Zidane121's advice, and sell Messi to City since he's shit anyway.
And we get to keep Neymar, the consistent and commited one.

Neither have been consistent this season. Nowhere near. They both found bad form when team could least afford it as did Suarez.

Ney started over dribbling and losing it too much. Messi went awol and barely moved. Suarez as well seemed to be able to do nothing right at times.

Vlom

Messi was better than Ney against Valencia as he made a few chances in first half and scored although he did miss a lot of chances and did little to impose himself on game as it wore on to point it almost looked like he was hiding a bit.

Ney was decent enough in first half and fucking awful on the ball in second. Alba was worse.

Ney hasnt been shit for months he has regularly been voted amongst top 3/4 performers in team in that time.

He has been shit in last few.

Everyone in here was already talking about Ney's now clasic dip in form in Jan/Feb and saying hopefully he'll get it back together for the important part of the season like he did last season.

Didn't happen, and the entire team dropped, and you guys decided to forget about everything and use the "the entire team was shit anyway" argument to bail him out.

But as DonAK said, we're basically going in circles here :)

JamDav1982

Everyone in here was already talking about Ney's now clasic dip in form in Jan/Feb and saying hopefully he'll get it back together for the important part of the season like he did last season.

Didn't happen, and the entire team dropped, and you guys decided to forget about everything and use the "the entire team was shit anyway" argument.

But as DonAK said, we're basically going in circles here :)

In January?

Look back he was performing well in January.

No player stepped up when Barca needed them bar Masch.

Vlom

As I said, you're putting everyone else in the same bowl and using the team's dip in form to bail out Neymar that's been terrible way before that, be my guest.

I am fairly certain we'll have this discussion next season around his sister's birthday time and intl break, again :)

JamDav1982

As I said, you're putting everyone else in the same bowl and using the team's dip in form to bail out Neymar that's been terrible way before that, be my guest.

No I am saying his dip in form has only really been past month or so in big games he was good before that in general this year.

It is just fantasy to say he was poor in January etc when he was easily one of Barcas better players.

Regularly voted on here as amongst top 3/4 players from Jan to April. I would guess in around half the games would need to count it.

Vlom

Too lazy to take screenshots of everything, but the "pathetic game", "his worst game for us so far" etc etc comments start shortly after mid january :)

But again, be my guest, he's been world class up until yesterday.

JamDav1982

Too lazy to take screenshots of everything, but the "pathetic game", "his worst game for us so far" etc etc comments start shortly after mid january :)

But again, be my guest, he's been world class up until yesterday.

Yip and you will see plenty of comments like that about Messi and Suarez.

He scored in all three cup games in January. Scored two and assisted three in four league games. Was voted MOTM in two games and top three in another three.

He wasnt shit in January.

Stop with the lame straw man arguments. I am not saying he has been great up until yesterday. Just shows of lack of anything relevant to come back on.

Vlom

Why were some of us here mad at him partying in Paris instead of resting in the first place ?

Not cause I give a fuck where he goes or who he bangs, but because the excuse "he needs rest" was used quite a few times here for him up until that point and that was end of February, he was already bad for quite a few games at that point in the season.

And it's not a straw argument, I'm just tired of repeating the same thing over and over, so you win, congratulations.

JamDav1982

Why were we mad at him partying in Paris instead of resting in the first place ?

Not cause I give a fuck where he goes or who he bangs, but because the excuse "he needs rest" was used about a hundred times here for him up until that point and that was in February, he was already bad for quite a few games at that point in the season.

And it's not a straw argument, I'm just tired of repeating the same thing over and over, so you win, congratulations.

I looked back at January/Feb and the main theme is playing well but finishing a bit off and people freaking out he might leave. Not people going on about any annual slump.

His performances started to drop off a bit in Feb/March where he was more inconsistent but had good and bad games. Still had a lot of good games going into April and some poor ones. Played well over two legs vs Arsenal in CL and in first leg of CL vs Atletico and was rotten against Real home, Ateti away, Sociedad away and Valencia home. As MSN went missing.

Not the player he was in first half of season when probably Barcas best players over the piece.

Vlom

I looked back at January/Feb and the main theme is playing well but finishing a bit off and people freaking out he might leave. Not people going on about any annual slump.

His performances started to drop off a bit in Feb/March where he was more inconsistent but had good and bad games. Still had a lot of good games going into April and some poor ones. Played well over two legs vs Arsenal in CL and in first leg of CL vs Atletico and was rotten against Real home, Ateti away, Sociedad away and Valencia home. As MSN went missing.

Not the player he was in first half of season when probably Barcas best players over the piece.

You keep on bringing MSN, so here's a fun quizz :

Can you guess which one is Neymar's ? It's very very hard :coffee:

ZO7OGkT.jpg

RcrmoXM.jpg

QmdDNtL.jpg

JamDav1982

I bring MSN to say all three of them were poor in the biggest games and those stats just back that up. As you seem to keep saying things like Ney 'let team down' etc. Well more than him did and he more than makes up for that by being most important player in first half of season.

Not hard at all to tell who is who from the stats. Big gaping holes in those stats when needed most.

Vlom

I bring MSN to say all three of them were poor in the biggest games and those stats just back that up.

Not hard at all to tell who is who from the stats.

Those stats show all 3 have been poor in the last month, YES, that we agree on, on Messi's and Suarez you can see it perfectly.

On Neymar's it's just a tiiiiiiny bit longer period.

JamDav1982

Those stats show all 3 have been poor in the last month, YES, that we agree on, on Messi's and Suarez you can see it perfectly.

On Neymar's it's just a tiiiiiiny bit longer period.

Glad thats sorted all three were poor when team needed them and failed team in last months big games.

Being third to Messi and Suarez in terms of goals and assists doesnt mean he was poor in that time either.

Would expect him to have worse stats than them.

Best player in first half of season anyway so he makes up for it across the piece.

Vlom

Glad thats sorted all three were poor when team needed them and failed team in last months big games.

That's where I disagree, out of the 3 he was the only one that got a chance to rest during international break.

And he threw that away for a freaking party, so to me he's more to blame than anyone else, cause he has the skills that could have saved us, and the time to rest that the others couldn't get, yet he chose his priorities, and they were not Barça.

He failed us more than anyone else on the team, but that's just my appreciation of the situation, it's ok if you disagree I'm not trying to convince anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans