11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I never said Ronaldo was better than Messi or more legendary than Messi. It doesn't matter that R9 left the fact still remains that his time at Barca, a random 19 year old came in and destroyed spain and won the WPOTY at 20 is the stuff of legends. Me bringing up messi was a comparison to highlight just how great Ronaldo was at Barca. Even MESSI, the greatest player to ever don a barca uniform didn't do what he did even though he beat every other record by a barca player or will basically, while Ronaldo's achievements will stand the test of time and that's why he's a legend for me.

Ronaldo is not a Barca legend and it does matter he left.

Were you expecting Messi to outscore Ronaldo for Barca at 20 years of age when he was not the no.1 player in the team, playing RW and not on pens etc?

Roanldo was phenomenal in that season at Barca but Messi was pretty much Barcas best player from around 18 in a much better team.

Bran the Greenseer

Ronaldo is not a Barca legend and it does matter he left.

Were you expecting Messi to outscore Ronaldo for Barca at 20 years of age when he was not the no.1 player in the team, playing RW and not on pens etc?

Roanldo was phenomenal in that season at Barca but Messi was pretty much Barcas best player from around 18 in a much better team.

I'm just going to put this in the agree to disagree pile.

Bran the Greenseer

Your missing the point.

Messi was not a CF like Ronaldo. He was not the No.1 player in the team focus or on pens etc.

How many CLs and leagues had Ronaldo won by 20?

I get your point Messi > R9 but you guys seem to be missing my point that when i bring up Messi it is not to say that Messi was worse than ronaldo at any point of time in his career it was a comparison simply to highlight what Ronaldo did. It was to say "Hey the best player of all time didn't do what he did so logically speaking his achievements will probably be there for a long time" that's it. Jesus christ.

D

damunk

Bran the Greenseer. What you described was like a Mike Tyson scenario. A 19 yr old coming and totally dominating a league.

Devastating power, speed, left foot, right foot, step overs, flip flaps, headers that were aimed towards the ground so the bounce decieves the keeper. Link up play with team mates. Goals from 6 yard box, goals from Halfway marks. All at the age at 19 in a Debut season.

I think the guys are saying he is not a barcelona legend in the sense a gerrard, giggs, messi were to thier clubs.
Ronaldo was only there for one season. Suarez could have scored 60 goals at Liverpool and stayed just one season. Does not make him a liverpool legend. Just a legendary performance.

Oh and also messi 'nutjob' fans. No need to panick. Jese :)

F

Flavia

He couldn't replicate his achievements at the same age. It took Messi till 2010 to match R9 and he was 23(24/22?) at that point 2-3 years older than Ronaldo was. Not that i'm trying to downplay messi bringing that up to hit home the fact that what Ronaldo did at Barcelona is likely to never be replicated again atleast not within the next decade.

Messi was 21 when we won the treble.

Lomar1o

here are my two cents about this: r9 was a legendary player, who had a individually legendary season at barca, but he is nowhere near being close to being a barca legend. a barca legend is a player who took a part in a barca defining era, barca would've been the same with or without r9 in my opinion. also regarding the age, i think that at 19/20 ronaldo was more mature than messi at that age, but that's just a personal opinion i could be wrong, as we never saw messi being a leader of the team at that age because he was surrounded by great players who led the team before him. performance-wise i can't compare ronaldo to messi, i wish ronaldo never suffered injuries, then we would've seen the real debate of who's the best, between messi and the real ronaldo.

regarding neymar, he has so much flare i'm starting to ronaldinho-like him :DD

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't want to take responsibility for this debate to grow this big. I am blaming jaden, he is the one who said r9 is a barca legend. Anyway you guys are moving away from original debate.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
R9 is a legend of the game. And I'd have said he was a Barca legend but he lost that status in my eyes by signing for RM. Now he's just one of the many great, world class players to have played for us. Not a Barca legend but a great player nonetheless.

Bran the Greenseer

Bran the Greenseer. What you described was like a Mike Tyson scenario. A 19 yr old coming and totally dominating a league.

Devastating power, speed, left foot, right foot, step overs, flip flaps, headers that were aimed towards the ground so the bounce decieves the keeper. Link up play with team mates. Goals from 6 yard box, goals from Halfway marks. All at the age at 19 in a Debut season.

I think the guys are saying he is not a barcelona legend in the sense a gerrard, giggs, messi were to thier clubs.
Ronaldo was only there for one season. Suarez could have scored 60 goals at Liverpool and stayed just one season. Does not make him a liverpool legend. Just a legendary performance.

Oh and also messi 'nutjob' fans. No need to panick. Jese :)

My definition of legend just seems to differ, if Suarez had won the league with Liverpool after coming off of a ban and being europe's top scorer he'd be a legend in my books especially considering the fact that Liverpool have been playing below their pedigree for years now. A legend to me is simply someone who's achievements at said club are unique and amazing with those achievements holding up to the test of time. That's why I say Ronaldo is a Barca legend (Not THE Barca legend but simply a name on a list of people i'd say are legends) because no one has done what he has done while he was at barca. Ronaldinho's performances also made him a legend in my book, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pep(Coach and player), Lucho (Atleast as a coach if he wins the treble), Cryuff (Same as Pep), etc etc the list goes on.

Maradona is a legendary player who played for Barca but isn't a Barca legend imo.

JamDav1982

My definition of legend just seems to differ, if Suarez had won the league with Liverpool after coming off of a ban and being europe's top scorer he'd be a legend in my books especially considering the fact that Liverpool have been playing below their pedigree for years now. A legend to me is simply someone who's achievements at said club are unique and amazing with those achievements holding up to the test of time. That's why I say Ronaldo is a Barca legend (Not THE Barca legend but simply a name on a list of people i'd say are legends) because no one has done what he has done while he was at barca. Ronaldinho's performances also made him a legend in my book, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pep(Coach and player), Lucho (Atleast as a coach if he wins the treble), Cryuff (Same as Pep), etc etc the list goes on.

Maradona is a legendary player who played for Barca but isn't a Barca legend imo.

If Suarez had won Liverpool theirs first league in almost 25 years then yes he most likely would have been a legend. He also played there for 3 1/2 years.

Ronaldo came to Barca scored loads of goals and didnt stay long to elevate the club to any great success on a European or domestic level and left.

Everyone has their own definition but you seem to be in the vast minority here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans