11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Very exciting signing, and still only a kid. Now to spunk the rest of the money on a midfielder to free Messi from dropping so deep.

But Messi cant play right wing until 35. I dont know how Messi will fit in our future formations. Its inevitable that he will play centrally IMO as his legs age.

xXKonan

So how does this rank in terms of excruciating Barca transfer sagas?

Dortmund named their price from the get go but we spent so long trying to lower the price and pissed off BVB in the process. Dembele even burned every bridge imaginable to get his move here and at one point it looked like it may not happen.

This is one I feel should have been done much sooner, if we had accepted what Dortmund wanted. Dortmund never had any intentions of lowering his price. Thankfully we signed him but man this whole saga was nearly as bad as the Neymar one was for me.

Ripsta

But Messi cant play right wing until 35. I dont know how Messi will fit in our future formations. Its inevitable that he will play centrally IMO as his legs age.

Not a concern to me, Messi's not a typical right winger anyway, and who knows when his speed will go. Robben's a few years older than him and he's still as fast as he was in his 20s. Messi's intelligence on the pitch is unique, plonk him anywhere in midfield/attack and he'll do the job.

It's the rest of the players which is more of a concern.

Do not let this distract you from the fact that Bartomeu is running this club into the ground.

Transfer window just went from disastrous to bad. Sneyke to Dembele is a short term downgrade, we've wasted 40m on Paulinho and we still don't have a proper midfield signing.

The fuckers still need to go.

Don't get me wrong though, I am happy with us getting Dembele. Actually surprised it's only 105m fixed.

Last edited:

Paul

Lol, you wanted to sign Pulisic for big money a few days ago. The guy who sat on the bench while this guy played.

Not for 150m freaking €, that's for sure. :juggle:

We never really tried to sign Christian, we could've for half but we'll probably pay 150m+ in 2 years tops unless someone else gets him.

Truthist

Compared to Neymar he probably has less pace and can't dribble that well, which is expected because Neymar is probably the best in that area, finishing cannot possibly be worse than Neymars, he has good decision making for his age, which Neymar was questionable sometimes, hope he has good temper and is a proffessional instead of a diving brat, the things I will never miss about Ney.

I think his pace is on par with Neymar, isn't quite as good a dribbler though.

Ripsta

Compared to Neymar he probably has less pace and can't dribble that well, which is expected because Neymar is probably the best in that area, finishing cannot possibly be worse than Neymars, he has good decision making for his age, which Neymar was questionable sometimes, hope he has good temper and is a proffessional instead of a diving brat, the things I will never miss about Ney.

He's as quick as Neymar IMO, maybe even quicker, dribbling wise he's got alot to improve there. but it's a harsh comparison as only Messi and Hazard are better than Neymar in that respect.

Ronaldinho10

Welcome Dembele! Coutinho is next...

Indeed i am happy with this signing he'll fit right in I have no doubt about it he is perfect for us was worth the wait. However this might give legitimacy for Barto to stay another season which is something that doesn't need to happen.

Centauri B

He's as quick as Neymar IMO, maybe even quicker, dribbling wise he's got alot to improve there. but it's a harsh comparison as only Messi and Hazard are better than Neymar in that respect.

How is Hazard better than Neymar in terms of dribbling?

From what I have seen, Dembele is roughly as pacy as Neymar, with inferior dribbling, good vision, but poor touch (for Barca standards) Neymar's close control wasn't the best either.

slvtn

Official Barca Facebook channel has a video with his shirt number 11 printed. That was also mentioned in Germany's Tagesschau right now.
I wonder what number Coutinho will get...:neymar:

utility73

Now I get it .. Barto is actually a genius. 400m buyout clause. Now we only need to mention Verratti again, PSG buys Dembele for 400m ... rinse, repeat ;)

Jombi

Now I get it .. Barto is actually a genius. 400m buyout clause. Now we only need to mention Verratti again, PSG buys Dembele for 400m ... rinse, repeat ;)

I think Dembele will get a new contract before some club is willing to splash 400m+taxes on Dembele. But that new contract MUST have a higher release clause than this. We shouldnt even be in that situation. Just follow what RM are doing with their release clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans