11 - Raphinha

serghei

I'd say it's a natural progression due to being subbed less (so more confidence), and also more used to the club. Tatics play a part too, because he is a more direct no nonsense player, and Flick is better suited for his style.

jamrock

Flick style is more vertical and leaves a lot more space to run behind, so It will benefit it player like him who.

1. Runs endless
2. Isn't great in 1v1
3. loooooves running off the ball.
4. Is always looking to make a decisive move once he's close to goal.

So he would naturally kick on under a coach like flick vs what he did before, which was also very good, just not pleasing to the eyes, so many didn't see it.

Gazzznigga

Not replying to the rest of your rant, but there are exceptions to this. Everyone remembers Hungary in the 50s and Holland in the 70s more than the West German and Argentine teams that defeated them. You reference Greece - they're a subject of derision now ('if Greece can do it...') and everyone romanticises the Czech republic side they defeated in the semis in that tournament. Pep's/Enrique's Barca are seen as better and more fondly than the Real Madrid team of the same era because of more pleasing football, despite winning fewer CLs.

Whether you like it or not, the 'how' matters, and the beauty of the game/its aesthetics is still of paramount importance. Otherwise we are just robots counting up stats and trophies like gimps. Whether you like it or not, people want to watch beautiful football and be entertained. If you cannot understand that, I would question why you follow football in the first place.

Anyone who plays the game for the love of the game (as I do) would say the same thing by the way.

You'll probably reply with a rant and ad homs. I don't give a fuck - what I am saying is fact.
..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

....".exceptions to the rule" ....love of the game as I do".... "what I am saying is a fact"....yada....yada...yada!!!

Never seen so much self- proclaimed stupidity, confuted reasoning and idiocy all rolled up into one write up.....

Sorry to ask you this.... do you have ADHD??

To think you are the same clown who labelled a World cup winner; world cup runner up; a 4 time champions league winner, multiple times la liga winner, 4 time world club winner, 2 time CDR winner, 3 times in La liga team of the season, multiple winner of both Super-copa Espana and European super copa, as having a "WASTED CAREER".

Nah! enough said. This confirms what I thought about you then.

Bro, your opinion on football or anything close to it should be kept to you only, don't even share with your kindreds.

Last edited:

Total-Football

Like someone mentioned above.. it's not a form thing, he will continue to play like this . He is basically a direct freedom footballer and naturally he is thriving at this system, as opposed to rigid positional possession football.

Maradona37

..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

....".exceptions to the rule" ....love of the game as I do".... "what I am saying is a fact"....yada....yada...yada!!!

Never seen so much self- proclaimed stupidity, confuted reasoning and idiocy all rolled up into one write up.....

Sorry to ask you this.... do you have ADHD??

To think you are the same clown who labelled a World cup winner; world cup runner up; a 4 time champions league winner, multiple times la liga winner, 4 time world club winner, 2 time CDR winner, 3 times in La liga team of the season, multiple winner of both Super-copa Espana and European super copa, as having a "WASTED CAREER".

Nah! enough said. This confirms what I thought about you then.

Bro, your opinion on football or anything close to it should be kept to you only, don't even share with your kindreds.
You're a clown. I didn't say Varane had a wasted career either - you have reading comprehension issues. I actually said he achieved more than he should have given I don't think he was as talented as some think he was.

Your arrogance is astounding - you troll everyone on here with antagonistic comments, your username is clearly about race, NOT the goalkeeper, and designed to provoke, nobody knows if you support Barca or not, and you clearly know VERY little about the history of the game. You got proved wrong and are throwing a tantrum over it.

Also, you coudn't even refute a word I said - just brought up some irrelevant material from another thread. That highlights how weak your debate skills are. You know you have no comeback to my examples because they are all true, so like the troglodyte you are bring up some irrelevant strawman from another thread.

Fact is you are clueless about the game and everything you said in that original post was utterly moronic. Your entire post was an embarrassment but I just picked out one of the worst parts of your train wreck of a post. I was going easy on you.

You think the aesthetics of the game don't matter, yet you're calling other people clueless. Embarrassing. You are just a glory hunter. It's proved with you droning on, listing all the things Varane has won (any moron with access to wikipedia can do that), rather than telling me what his attributes as a player were. The essence of football is utterly lost on you.

'Never seen so much self- proclaimed stupidity, confuted reasoning and idiocy all rolled up into one write up.....'

My post makes sense to anyone with a brain eg Don. You have no self-awareness at all really, to actually type that. Every post you make is awful and fucking hard to read given your lack of writing skill and your rape of the English language, especially in terms of punctuation. You're going back on ignore for being clueless, thick and a troll.

Edit: also, I have noticed you seem to use the wrong words in paragraphs, words that make no sense in that context. Are you Simon Jordan in disguise? Illiterate as well as never kicked a ball in your life.

Please, for all our sakes, learn how many dots are in an ellipsis you absolute reprobate. Nobody can convince me you passed English at school (it's clearly your first language).

I won't be replying to your inevitable response to this. You get off on reactions and this is enough of one already. You're a know-nothing trolling cunt and beneath someone of my clear superiority. The way you think about football is anathema to me.

Last edited:

Gazzznigga

You're a clown. I didn't say Varane had a wasted career either - you have reading comprehension issues. I actually said he achieved more than he should have given I don't think he was as talented as some think he was.

Your arrogance is astounding - you troll everyone on here with antagonistic comments, your username is clearly about race, NOT the goalkeeper, and designed to provoke, nobody knows if you support Barca or not, and you clearly know VERY little about the history of the game. You got proved wrong and are throwing a tantrum over it.

Also, you coudn't even refute a word I said - just brought up some irrelevant material from another thread. That highlights how weak your debate skills are. You know you have no comeback to my examples because they are all true, so like the troglodyte you are bring up some irrelevant strawman from another thread.

Fact is you are clueless about the game and everything you said in that original post was utterly moronic. Your entire post was an embarrassment but I just picked out one of the worst parts of your train wreck of a post. I was going easy on you.

You think the aesthetics of the game don't matter, yet you're calling other people clueless. Embarrassing. You are just a glory hunter. It's proved with you droning on, listing all the things Varane has won (any moron with access to wikipedia can do that), rather than telling me what his attributes as a player were. The essence of football is utterly lost on you.

'Never seen so much self- proclaimed stupidity, confuted reasoning and idiocy all rolled up into one write up.....'

My post makes sense to anyone with a brain eg Don. You have no self-awareness at all really, to actually type that. Every post you make is awful and fucking hard to read given your lack of writing skill and your rape of the English language, especially in terms of punctuation. You're going back on ignore for being clueless, thick and a troll.

Edit: also, I have noticed you seem to use the wrong words in paragraphs, words that make no sense in that context. Are you Simon Jordan in disguise? Illiterate as well as never kicked a ball in your life.

Please, for all our sakes, learn how many dots are in an ellipsis you absolute reprobate. Nobody can convince me you passed English at school (it's clearly your first language).

I won't be replying to your inevitable response to this. You get off on reactions and this is enough of one already. You're a know-nothing trolling cunt and beneath someone of my clear superiority. The way you think about football is anathema to me.
:oops::ROFLMAO::D....

Did you have to write this epistle just to convince yourself that you are not stupid? The more you write, the clearer it becomes that you must be dyslexic. He even had to edit several times, to re-assure himself he was not over-advertising his buffoonery.

your username is clearly about race, NOT the goalkeeper, and designed to provoke,
I don't want to believe a supposed "grown up" could be this puerile, descending so low to the level of username-gazing and then coming up with the reasons behind usernames on a public forum. How old are you, bro?

Only a buffoon, who was so "intelligent" to label Varane's career a "wasted one", would be utterly daft to think that when the history of Euro 2004 is recalled in decades to come, more reverence will be given to the losers than the eventual winners.

Home of Barca Fans