Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

BJJ

I told yall this guy was shit. Now watch how he gets torn to shreds in cl and el.
He is even worse than Busquets and that's saying something.
Getting a proper modern DM was a must but as usual we went and spent big on a forward.
Fuck Xavi and Laporta.

Porque

Yeah, Xavi showing his natural biases in recruitment options.

Hands bit tied in market, but shouldn't have been caught with our pants down with Busi going to Miami, and now having no other option then free players or 5m buys to replace him.

Oriol is a fine squad option, who is capable of a good match on his day, but can't be going with a backline full of lack of pace, lack of strength and lack of defensive ability with Alonso, Roberto and Alonso all starting. No different than the Busi, Pique, Bob days in that regard which led to our European drummings.

Total-Football

Put dejong as a DM with gavi pedri gundogam (4) and ferren + lamine upfront. This should be our ideal front 6 in the first half of the season (in tough games). No way this guy should be counted on versus serious contenders.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
saw someone mentioning Busi's Hollywood passes as one of the things Romeu can't do while being a similar player. I mean, I don't remember seeing Oriol make a diagonal long ball to switch play, something that Busi did for breakfast (usually to Dembele or Raph), let alone line-breaking low passes. The absence of such switches is another thing that really slows down our play, especially when Pedri is injured or asked to play further forward.

Also, I think he's struggling for now to adapt to a dominating team. He's used to playing for minnows who don't win the possession battle. Right now it looks like he lacks the technical level for this, but he could improve once he adapts to the pace.

Last edited:

malvolio

Also, I think he's struggling for now to adapt to a dominating team. He's used to playing for minnows who don't win the possession battle. Right now it looks like he lacks the technical level for this, but he could improve once he adapts to the pace.
This is pretty much the issue with all the bums we bought in midfield. They lack the technical prowess and mentality to play at the required level.

JamDav1982

This is pretty much the issue with all the bums we bought in midfield. They lack the technical prowess and mentality to play at the required level.

Nah likes of FDJ is one of best technical mids in the world and Gundogan has been for last few years also.

Devils

If this guy starts in the CL we will be out in the group stages.

Xavi and his clown staff need to find a way to make the Barca midfield work with combinations of FDJ/Pedri/Gundogan/Gavi/Firmin

Oreo is just the Eric Garcia midfield equivalent. Last choice and is only here because he’s Catalan.

Ridiculous club and ridiculous singing.

Home of Barca Fans