19 - Lamine Yamal

iniestaGOAT

First of all, there's no need for the animosity in your first sentence.

As for him 'growing to 6 foot 4', I never said he was. Just saying he's 16 and probably still growing. I was talking from an extremist position.

How do you know he isn't gonna grow anymore? Tell me how you - a stranger to Lamine Yamal, no access to Barcelona or Spain, and presumably not an expert on growth - knows he has stopped growing. You'll probably be proved right but how are you so confident?

Seems baseless considering the boy is only 17 (almost).

Edit - you seem to be implying he will grow another inch or two, he's 5 foot 11 now isn't he (CR is 6 foot 1 I believe)? That's more likely. It's still tall for a wide attacker generally.

its the way of life. Men stop growing at 17.
Enough said.

iniestaGOAT

Garrincha, Best, prime Aguero, Iniesta, David Silva, Mitoma isn't that tall - there's lots of examples.

They have shorter legs and shorter strides, and tend to take closer touches and have greater acceleration - taller people have quicker top speed generally but don't usually have the balance and agility to twist and turn and alter direction as well as shorter guys and girls. Taller people tend to be more powerful, explosive runners eg C Ronaldo. R9 was tall and a mixture of the two - fast and explosive but also took great touches and had great balance and direction changes.

You must not know much about football. GOAT dribbers are tall.

Ronaldinho
Kaka
Theirry Henry
Zidane
Cryuff

Only short players who can compete with them is Messi and Iniesta

companyofcules

Very disappointed because the kid is good, has refined legs, level headed, great finisher and now all this possitive hype and supranatural story around him and Messi, shear love would have made him a contender for Balon d'or in the future regardless if he had a few bad games. But now since his father disrespected Messi the comparisons will not be only in a positive way and that might hurt the kid. When you go after the God of Football you better be a more superior being or you will end up at best Penaldo style if not that Arsenal striker. Given the kid is ours we will protect him but the trolls can be ruthless. They already had memes with the youngest player to be X negative stuff.

Maradona37

You must not know much about football. GOAT dribbers are tall.

Ronaldinho
Kaka
Theirry Henry
Zidane
Cryuff

Only short players who can compete with them is Messi and Iniesta
No offence mate but I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know, so don't come at me with the attitude. Been playing and watching since before you were born, probably.

I also never said that tall people couldn't be great dribblers. Just that smaller ones are generally better. That's true and if you disagree you have clearly never played football or are a rubbish dribbler yourself.

Also, the irony of someone like you saying that to me when you think Kaka and Thierry Henry are better dribblers than George Best or Garrincha :lol: Try cricket pal.

Next time you talk to me don't be such a cunt, like you have been these last two posts. Clueless, arrogant little wanker. Show respect to people - especially when you are the one talking out of your arsehole.

'Are you fucking insane' and 'you must not know much about football' are dogshit ways to address people, especially when you are the dummy, not me. You clearly have no clue how to have a proper debate. Cheeky dickhead.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyway, it's all irrelevant. As long as he doesn't get any higher than 6 foot 1, his balance and coordination and dribbling will very likely be unaffected.

The post earlier about shorter people being better dribblers is very true of course. But there are exceptions, and Lamine is one.
I noticed this at 15 he had a frame that looked like he could grow to at least 1.85. It’s true it’s uncommon to have tall wingers but I am not concerned about his balance/coordination being impaired with a bigger frame. His touch, dribbling and left foot are core aspects of what makes him formidable - his size should help him use his physique more which is again uncommon in wingers

He’s fluid & elegant ball carrier at 16, I don’t see this getting worse - just better

Maradona37

Btw I also said 'there are exceptions' - most of which you have named. When there is a fucking long list of superior shorter dribblers than there is good tall dribblers. Naming a few brilliant tall dribblers doesn't negate my point.

Reading comprehension of thickos like you is fucking WOEFUL.

companyofcules

Ronaldinho wasn't a dribbler neither Henry, Kaka mostly not, Cruyff not in top 5, Zidane not in top 5. Stop using cocaine. Messi, Maradona, Zico, Romario, Best, Iniesta, Isco and the list goes on and on. A dribbler, uses his knee, hip and his balance more than his ankle. Short people are way more effective at dribling because they are more agile, have better balance, shorter legs to manage.

Maradona37

Ronaldinho wasn't a dribbler neither Henry, Kaka mostly not, Cruyff not in top 5, Zidane not in top 5. Stop using cocaine. Messi, Maradona, Zico, Romario, Best, Iniesta, Isco and the list goes on and on. A dribbler, uses his knee, hip and his balance more than his ankle. Short people are way more effective at dribling because they are more agile, have better balance, shorter legs to manage.
Exactly. I'd say Ronaldinho was a dribbler, but otherwise, I am with you. Kaka wasn't even a dribbler really - he was exactly what I described. A taller player who ran at length and used pace/explosiveness and touches. He didn't weave in and out of people like Messi, Maradona and the people you mention. His dribbling was similar to Pogba's.

Zidane was a great dribbler but not in the way we mean - weaving in and out and going past people for fun. He was more of an elegant type who beat 1 or 2 players. He didn't go past multiple players like Messi, Maradona, Best, Iniesta, Garrincha.

I can't actually believe I am being talked down to by someone who thinks taller people are better dribblers. It's football 101 ffs.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

No. You keep the 10 going so more and more legendary players get the number. Which has happened for 125 yrs. This whole pressure thing means nothing. You don't think Yamal has pressure being 16 starting for Spain in Euro Semi Finals and soon the actual Finals? If anything you give him the 10 because he earned it.

I agree that he can handle the pressure, but we should just retire the 10 out of respect to Messi to be honest.

Messi has been out in the US for a while now, semi retired and there has been no talk of a statue, naming a stand after him or retiring the 10 for him. I mean they are literally building a new stadium right now, why not build a big fat statue of Messi at the entrance. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

Barca has always been a massive club, but it took Messi to come along for it to be dominant in Europe. Laporta needs to do more to build bridges.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I’m mixed on the #10. Retirement of a number seems to be an American thing and the #10 was also special with Ronnie & Rivaldo - not just the Goat

I think a statue or something extraordinary needs to be erected at the new Camp Nou in honor of Messi, no question - as there should be of Cruyff

Number? I still say there is only one player I could conceive of wearing it post Leo (Ansu’s case was a calamity of errors) and it should be Lamine. Whether it is this upcoming season or later, it’s simply a question of time. Leo got it in 2008 when he was 21 and even then I wondered if it was too soon after Ronnie

#10 is iconic, not just for Leo, and Lamine Yamal is THE protagonist in the club - only logical he wears that shirt, even at just 17

companyofcules

Exactly. I'd say Ronaldinho was a dribbler, but otherwise, I am with you. Kaka wasn't even a dribbler really - he was exactly what I described. A taller player who ran at length and used pace/explosiveness and touches. He didn't weave in and out of people like Messi, Maradona and the people you mention.

Zidane was a great dribbler but not in the way we mean - weaving in and out and going past people for fun. He was more of an elegant type who beat 1 or 2 players. He didn't go past multiple players like Messi, Maradona, Best, Iniesta, Garrincha.

I can't actually believe I am being talked down to by someone who thinks taller people are better dribblers. It's football 101 ffs.
He wasn't, you put 3 players on him he will flick the ball, jugle, will do some fancy moves with his ankle but no way he will try to do what the dribbers do. The difference between him and Cr7 is that he had golden ankles, great coordination, insane rafinament in touch while Cr7 was mostly training those moves and stumbled many times. Neymar on the other hand will try to dribble the clasical way if his flicks failed because he was somehow more short in his legs

Maradona37

He wasn't, you put 3 players on him he will flick the ball, jugle, will do some fancy moves with his ankle but no way he will try to do what the dribbers do. The difference between him and Cr7 is that he had golden ankles, great coordination, insane rafinament in touch while Cr7 was mostly training those moves and stumbled many times. Neymar on the other hand will try to dribble the clasical way if his flicks failed because he was somehow more short in his legs
Fair enough, I see your point, he was often a juggler and a trickster.

Either way the overall point is that I was talked down to by someone who thinks that tall people make the best dribblers lol. It's mental.

companyofcules

That's nonsense, don't bother, we have a problem with people not getting the basics In our camp, I mean it's in our board too. Take the Tiger lol "great talent"
Btw, Saviola a less talented player could dribble quite okish due to his stature, and there is a ton of players like him

Maradona37

That's nonsense, don't bother, we have a problem with people not getting the basics In our camp, I mean it's in our board too. Take the Tiger lol "great talent"
Btw, Saviola a less talented player could dribble quite okish due to his stature, and there is a ton of players like him
Exactly, Saviola was a class dribbler, Eduardo Salvio etc, another thing this guy might not grasp is that a player can be a very inferior player to someone else and a much better dribbler.

If he'd have phrased it 'I disagree, the GOAT dribblers are tall' I'd have responded respectfully. It's the arrogance and cheeky, condescending comments as if he is Pep Guardiola in knowledge. Cunts who talk like that to people who haven't even said anything bad to them really annoy me. They shouldn't be on forums in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans