19 - Lamine Yamal

vegitot

What do you guys realistically think is Yamal Lamine's ceiling?

So far he has demostrated:

Very good vision, pitch intelligence, smart decision making

Good eye for goal, good shoot (not spectacular but this aspect can be improved alot)

Good passing (not out of this world but pretty good)

Good technical ability and dribbling (not out of this world tho)

Ok pace but nothing crazy or out of this world

Explosiveness, agility and acceleration is alright, again nothing crazy

Potential problems that he will get even taller and taller making his dribbling even less effective

I would say he has a bit higher ceiling than the likes of Torres, Drogba, Shevchenko.. someone capable of being top 10 in the world, but I doubt top 3 in the world, that might be a stretch but maybe if he can massively improve aspects like shooting, finishing and maybe add some other traits like free kicks etc... it might be possible?

Whats everybody's thought?
He is on par with Mbappe in term of pure talent. Different profile of couse.

jamrock

Once he gets his finishing on point, he's more talented than Mbappe.

It's a Ronaldo vs Messi kinda that, but 4 levels down.

Yamal eye for a pass and overall game is better, Mbappe has the physical advantage and finishing.

Maradona37

He's amazing and achieved amazing things for Spain in the Euros...I still wouldn't say he's a generational talent.

For me, only 4 players have fallen in that category (Messi, Maradona, R9, Pele (just going by the achievements he had as a teenager and how he achieved those))

Seems about right to have 4 of those in 60-70 odd years - as in actually generational.
I'd call those all-time great talents. But I know what you are saying - being an all-time great talent is essentially defining a generation.

I would define 'generational' (as cringe as the term sounds) as being one of the best players of your generation. The four you mentioned are in my opinion - as I say - all-time great talents. After all, you can be generational, but if it's a poor generation you won't be an all-time great. In saying that, it is eerily scary how true your point there is, in the sense that Pele, Maradona, R9 and Messi are all about 15-20 years between their dates of birth (other than Messi being only 11 years younger than R9). It's consistently been shown across generations that a new amazing all-time great will arrive every 15-20 years or so.

As for Yamal himself - I think he can be top 2-3 player in the world. Although I don't really see anyone in the world under 30 who is more talented than him, certainly not in attacking positions. Maybe he could be number one but a lot will depend on if Barca can find the same success as previously or not. Unfortunately it's a team sport and no matter how good you are individually, if your team-mates don't mesh well with you it will be hard to be at your best.

There's also the fact that there are kids 5-6 years younger than Yamal who will be the same generation, but are currently unknown. There might be an 11 year old out there who in future will be on Messi's level for all we know. Unlikely, but we just do not know.

CatalinR10

So apparently his gf cheated on him.

ee0bf6cf-73cc-423f-b712-11eeeb678665_text.gif

Maradona37

I read her write that they had been friends since they were little, but she has a boyfriend and to please respect that. Maybe her and Yamal really are just friends?

Fair play if it's true, only she and Yamal know.

I am sure she is a nice enough girl, but if they aren't dating then plenty more fish in the sea anyway for a world famous 17 year old football prodigy.

Maradona37

They are probably only all time greats in attack.

Xavi iniesta busquets defined a generation.

Stop posting bull shit.
Are you talking to me?

There's no consensus on what is an all-time great and what is generational (which is an awful term anyway). Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets are some of the greatest midfielders of all-time and best players around, but they aren't seen on the level of Messi, Maradona, Pele and R9 as footballers. There's nothing wrong with that, even if I do think those three players are underrated in general.

If you mean you think it's wrong that all-time greats and best players ever always seem to be strikers and forwards, then I agree. What Iniesta can do isn't as statistically apparently as what C Ronaldo can do, but he clearly adds much more to a team in general play.

Loki

This guy gets like 10 numbers per night probably from 10/10. Let him have his fun. Also adults should stop discussing, analyzing and critizing teenage love, especially if your information comes from Social Media. You remember when u cringed about your parents back in the days?

Home of Barca Fans