19 - Lamine Yamal

Givenchy

Redcafe discusses Yamal vs. Palmer. What's the take here?

Never in a million years would I trade Yamal for a (more or less) generic AM we have seen a million times (Havertz, Musiala, Bruno, Wirtz, Ozil and the likes - no true midfielders nor forwards).
The take here is Yamal is 5 years younger and he's already better.

jamrock

I wouldn't say they are completely different, lot of similarity in their roles, yamal is just more of a true winger.

But palmer is a baller, is celebration fits him perfectly, cold as ice.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

How can anyone that has seen Lamine play as often as a Barca fan, compare him to Palmer or anybody else for that matter? His cameo vs Osasuna was outrageous.

People laughed at me when I said months ago that he was better than Saka and Salah. Some said he wasn't even as good as Dembele !

Every few months he is making me move UP my expectations for him. HE IS, AS I WRITE THIS MESSAGE TODAY, CLEARLY THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD. I don't care what age he is. NOBODY IS BETTER THAN HIM.

I don't need to wait before he scores 30 goals a season or before he does it against Madrid or in a UCL knockout, because it is categorically clear to me that those things are only a matter of time.

The Ballon D'ors are going to flow for him. I've moved my level up for him to be amongst the greatest 50 footballers OF ALL TIME by the time he finishes his career. Some will laugh at that, but they also laughed months ago when I said he was better than Dembele, and then Saka, then Salah and they were wrong.

SmilerBam

Soon, very soon, he ll have an ego. That can be both good or bad. Good for him and for us short term, cause he will realize his enormous potential and play better as a result. But bad too, because in the medium to long term, he ll want trophies cause he is a great player, and great players wants trophies. If we won t provide that in the next two to three years, he ll want to leave and he will, player power these days is ridiculous. So he needs a really good team around him. Get your shit together, Barca. He is not the next Messi, no one will ever be, but he is the next Lamine Yamal, and that is enough.

SmilerBam

Expected from a Barca fan....but does not mean it is true, though. A chelsea fan would also flip it the other way.
How the fuck they can even be compared? One is 22 years old, the other is barely 17. The only teenagers who were more impressive or as impressive as Yamal in my lifetime( i am 36 btw) were Messi, Rooney and Fabregas.

Maradona37

Palmer's brilliant, but come on. Yamal is definitely more talented. And I think Palmer is England's best player (alongside an on-form Kane). There aren't actually that many attacking players I like more than Palmer right now, but Yamal is one of them. It's nothing against Palmer who I believe is a world-class talent.

MontenegrinCuler

If Lamine was to, god forbid, retire tomorrow, he'd be able to say he was once the best player in the world, that he led his country to Euros trophy and that he was Barcelona's biggest superstar as well as best player and undisputable starter. Yet he would retire at 17.

This is Van Basten vibes man.

Already achieved more than 80℅ of players haven't in their entire careers.

And people disputing his crown in world football right now only get short of arguments with every game passing. They were bragging of how he can't score goals and he immediately banged a few beauties this season.

Dominates all the statistics. But they are nothing. He's well beyond that. Just for the arrogant and delusional ones to shut up.

Home of Barca Fans