19 - Lamine Yamal

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Qué puto jugador. Dembele played 180 games for us , none of them as good as the one Lamine just produced.

Blessing in disguise that he got ' stolen ' from us. Blessing in disguise Raphinha got a ban at the start of the season.

Things which we think will be bad for the club, just keep ending up working out for the best.

Someone is looking out for the Big Bastard Barca.

OVI9323

Qué puto jugador. Dembele played 180 games for us , none of them as good as the one Lamine just produced.

Blessing in disguise that he got ' stolen ' from us. Blessing in disguise Raphinha got a ban at the start of the season.

Things which we think will be bad for the club, just keep ending up working out for the best.

Someone is looking out for the Big Bastard Barca.
As soon Dembele leave, I knew that the cycle of terrible play was comin to an end.
Maybe it will not be right away but this guy was a poison for our development

Temptation

He looks so young that I am actively refraining from addressing the elephant in the room.......

What's his real age?

Nello

He looks so young that I am actively refraining from addressing the elephant in the room.......

What's his real age?
He was born in Spain and very much looks his age. He's just extraordinarily talented, don't see anything suspicious about his age nor heard anyone else speculate about it.

BBZ8800

So whats the argument now?

Lamal still not good enough but only getting chances as easier than Messi had it?

Moving goal posts and its only a few games in.

Usual.

What relevance does Messi breaking into team have anyway? This what the goalposts been moved to? Lamal v Messi?
So, let's do it slower.
I was reading this topic and then I have seen this post by Total football:
What's interesting I don't remember messi at 16 being constantly in the first team. If I'm correct messi was on the first team (constantly ) at the age of 18.
And then my reply was related to this post that a part of why Lamal is playing at a such a young age is because the level of Barca in general, the level of Barca's forwards and the level of La Liga has dropped a lot since Messi's teen years.

I'll pull some numbers from my ass and say:
Let's say that the required level of skill to play at Barca's team or Barca's attack back then was 90.
And today it is 75.
That means that a player of a level, let's say 80, wouldn't get a chance at all back then in 2005'.
While today, a player with a skill level 80 is good enough even aged 16 or 18.
If anything, in your reply, I am at least glad that you hadn't mention how I was wrong about Coutinho or World Cup 2018' Germany prediction.

About Ansu, we can now go back and forth for 1000 replies, knowing your style. But since I am not interested, let's just agree to disagree and in my eyes, Fati lost his head after 1-2 good seasons, when he got a number 10 and when the hype started in Mundo Deportivo and Sport.
He started to be more cocky, more selfish, different kid in general, with weaker performances.
That was before his injuries.

About Lamal, I am not saying that he is not good, I am saying that we already had young Ansu aged 16 playing for the first team, and in hindsight, his quality is quite questionable.
Also, we have Gavi playing as a starter for 2 years already, while majority of fans can't name 2 skills at which he is good at except at kicking everyone around him.
Young Iniesta wasn't a starter till the age 23-24, yet Gavi is a starter since the age of 17 in the current state of Barca.

So, my point is: back then, La Liga was on top, all teams were good, Barca was the best team in the world, we were competing for a CL every season, we were buying Ronaldinhos, Etoos and Decos. There was no room for experimenting and for questionable kids.
While today, La Liga is on the lowest point since the early 90s, Barca is horrible, Real is meh, we don't compete for a CL, we struggle to get out of CL group stage, we can't attract top players anymore, our signings are mostly Spanish rejects and 30+ year olds who ran out of their contracts.
And then, our only options are players like Oriol or giving chances to the next gem out of La Masia and hope to hit a jack pot, when we have zero other options.

So, I was giving the context why Lamine is getting chances already and why is he more regular than Messi aged 16.
It is not because of his skills alone.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans