19 - Lamine Yamal

serghei

I expect losses against City and Bayern. I believe the team is 50-50 at worst against any other opponent except maybe Madrid.
Beating City, Bayern or Madrid in CL would count as an upset.

Lets see the path we get. Basically, if we had a draw like Inter did last year, I'd expect us to make the final.

That's pretty fair. Should be ahead of any Italian side and any German side except Bayern. Should be 50-50 vs United and Arsenal. PSG could be ahead of us slightly if Lucho gets them playing according to their offensive quality.

In normal conditions obviously. Factors of the time count too.

JamDav1982

Barca will be favs if meet either Arsenal or United.. United quite clearly.

United barely have a player that gets in Barcas starting 11.

Would be hard pushed after Rashford to name one.

Bayern probably have the best squad.. what makes City the favs is Pep.

JamDav1982

Barca will balance how much they use Lamine regardless.

There will be games some will moan about him not playing or being out the line up after good games but its the way it will be.

Lewas comments in that interview read like he is frustrated and blaming everyone else.. even doesnt like Lamine getting too much attention.

Needs to focus on himself as just as not many 16 yr olds play week in week out.. not many 35 year olds do at this level either and produce level needed.

mc_lovin

Lewa is right.
I mean it’s the logical stance… Lamine is good, but young, we need to be careful… standard stuff really.

But the genie is out of the bottle. There’s no going back now. Try to explain to Yamal why he’s not playing when he’s the best in training for example.

jamrock

I mean it’s the logical stance… Lamine is good, but young, we need to be careful… standard stuff really.

But the genie is out of the bottle. There’s no going back now. Try to explain to Yamal why he’s not playing when he’s the best in training for example.

Like you said it's just the logically correct thing to do, I'm not saying we should send him back to the B team, that would be insane, lol.

But at 16, we just have to be a bit careful, I really just don't want to see him start the majority of games, he should play practically everyone, but manage carefully how many starts he's getting.

jamrock

I think 16-17 age group you really have to be careful with players.

17-19, you can put them out there more and have them sink or swim, especially 18-19, not that lamal will have any issues in that record.

But lewa is correct, you don't see many players who at 16 are playing week in week out or close to it at any level, that's still a professional at 30.

We saw what happened with Fati, although you can never predict injuries.

mc_lovin

But lewa is correct, you don't see many players who at 16 are playing week in week out or close to it at any level, that's still a professional at 30.
I mean how many players actually played at 16 in the first division? You can probably count them on one hand. There’s simply no empirical data.

He shouldn’t play 2 games a week, but I suppose that won’t happen. He will also get substituted a lot.

I don’t think there’s much difference on a physical level compared to the 3rd division. He would train and play at full intensity either way.

JamDav1982

There are barely any players that were playing week in week out at 16 at a high level to even compare.

Fatis injury was down to a freak accident and not comparable and he was 17.

Barca will know he cant play every week its not even all that much worth saying from Lewa.

Windhook

I'm just enjoying Lamine at this point.

No pressure, no Ronaldinho, nor any wish he gets torn ligaments as some members here pray just to get a W over rivals in the forum. Yeah, you don't belong here, mate.

JamDav1982

Bellingham was a starter for Birmingham at same age as Lamal.. a lower level league but one of most physical in Europe. Before he turned 18 had a season there and another in league and CL at Dortmund.

Mbappe was a regular in Monaco team at 17.

Haaland was in Molde team at 16 and regular at 17.

Gavi Barca regular at 17.

Lamal is younger than those other than Bellingham but only by year or so.

Sometime folk are acting like he is in team every week at 12 years old.

Home of Barca Fans