19 - Lamine Yamal

Andresito

Staff member
So with our salary cap being much lower than projected, we're not able to register his or Balde's new contracts, right? Both run out in 2024.

Loki

So with our salary cap being much lower than projected, we're not able to register his or Balde's new contracts, right? Both run out in 2024.

The salary cap was expected. Last season we had a negative number and still could sign players. If you exceed the cap, you need to freep up Masa Salarial first. We don't know how much the club feed up last season until now, or how much they gonna free up this season. So we'll see I guess if the club is able to sign their new contracts or not. But I'm confident that Laporta's board will manage it. They managed to register everyone so far, no matter how much shit Social Media journalists throw at them.

serghei

The salary cap was expected. Last season we had a negative number and still could sign players. If you exceed the cap, you need to freep up Masa Salarial first. We don't know how much the club feed up last season until now, or how much they gonna free up this season. So we'll see I guess if the club is able to sign their new contracts or not. But I'm confident that Laporta's board will manage it. They managed to register everyone so far, no matter how much shit Social Media journalists throw at them.

Masa salarial has been lowered by ditching almost all older players on high money. To lower it now consistently we'd have to sell a top one. Who's left with a big salary to sell next season? Lewa. That's about it, unless we plan to sell De Jong which would be a huge back step. Not to mention that players need to agree to leave in order to sell them.

It's a difficult situation for sure. As soon as La Masia talents make a big impression in the game, they will demand top dollar. If Barca can't pay that, some will leave. Let's hope they are loyal and they will stick around in the hope that in the future we can upgrade their contracts.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It is not just about salary but about amortised costs also.

Likes of Lewa and Raphinha are costing on books about 55m together.

Barca will look to sell or renew the players with amortised costs and two that could generate a decent upturn next summer.

Then have Fati who get pure profit for if can sell him on back of good season.

They will most likely renew Frenkie short term and give him a fairly low buy out clause to balance it off.

serghei

True, but Raphinha is not an easy sell either, even if you want to. He has to agree to it, seems to love the club, and then Barca have to make sure at least one of Lamal and Torres has a great season to have the RW spot well covered.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
16 yo Messi would have no chance to make it according to nowadays Barcaverse social media experts.

16 year old Messi was a different demon tbh if you look through some of his old clips playing in the academy back then.

But yeah some people would probably still doubt him lol.

JamDav1982

True, but Raphinha is not an easy sell either, even if you want to. He has to agree to it, seems to love the club, and then Barca have to make sure at least one of Lamal and Torres has a great season to have the RW spot well covered.

He would go if club made it clear not needed and wont play all that much as he wants to.

Yes learly Ferran, Lamal and even possibly Cancelo if kept would need it to be the case club want the money more than Raphinha to make it a possibility.

Another season like last and think he will be gone but maybe he can improve further and show cant sell him.

serghei

Messi played vs Juventus in the Gamper in 2015 and ruined them. That was a super-strong Juventus side. This is the equivalent of Lamal playing vs Inter and making them look like clowns.

Not saying it's not possible that Lamal is such a big talent to warrant Messi comparisons, but the sample size is super-small and made of not so good teams.

soul24rage

Tbh, I would be embarrassed to be benched by a 16 year old and if this keeps up, his spot in the national team might be in danger, so it might force him to search elsewhere if Lamine is having a great season.

JamDav1982

His spot in national team has been in danger already.

Was not called up in last round of games until players pulled out and then was not called up for previous three games I believe and not scored/assisted in the 4/5 prior to that.

serghei

Tbh, I would be embarrassed to be benched by a 16 year old and if this keeps up, his spot in the national team might be in danger, so it might force him to search elsewhere if Lamine is having a great season.

He just got back from a suspension. He only was benched for one game so far, the one vs Osasuna.

But if Lamal provides goals and assists, then it's a good position for the club to have options for the right spot.

Home of Barca Fans