19 - Lamine Yamal

serghei

I think a loan would be better for him at this stage. But doubt he'd start at a good La Liga team like a Sociedad or a Betis, so getting some minutes at Barca is still excellent for a 16-17 year old.

JamDav1982

Loaning him is absymal idea.

They want to keep control of his development at this age and he is worth his place in squad now anyway.

I doubt Sociedad would start any of Barcas RWs ahead of Kubo currently anyway not just Lamine.

Teams in La Liga would be lining up to take him on loan if available but it serves no purpose.

JohnN

not ready. but putting him on the left side crippled him totally. he wasn't needed this game.

Iniesta Ultra

Kid needs Messi, Busi, Alba, Alves, Puig, etc.

Already next victim of xaviball after Puig and Fati. Maybe he can go to Inter Miami to develop.

Masetro10

I think we are exiting the Hype stage and entering the realistic stage. This guy can make some nice dribbles and has some decent qualities. But, he is a negative goal threat and at this young of an age maybe served better sharpening up at Barca B. He is becoming less and less useful as the games go by and it is exacerbated by Xavi playing him on the left at times. Not to mention a very sick team playing way under the capabilities of the players.

Porque

Don't see an issue with Lamal himself. He was poor, but then look at Lewandowski, Rafinha and Ferran these last games.

The problem is that when you have an 16 year old player breaking through or given starts in the offence, he has to be the third wheel of the trio and given room to play, not thrust to the first wheel because the rest of the attack is not performing.

Messi had Eto'o and Ronaldinho in front of him. Even Ansu had Messi and Suarez. Meanwhile Lamine is the youngest of the bunch and he has... nothing. Not even a midfield behind him given Pedri's and Frenkie's injuries.

JohnN

He can get free from any marker but final ball or shot is not there yet. Still created more chances with him on the pitch than with ferran and raphinia.

Home of Barca Fans