20 - Dani Olmo

JamDav1982

Olmo is a decent signing. He would be Barcas best AM and LW where he will play surely.

It is easy to say there is an overload at AM but in a years time at least Gundo will be gone and then likes of Pedri/Gavi can play deeper. Particularly if FDJ leaves.

Signing Olmo opens up a lot of options for the team now and in a year particularly if Nico signs.

Assuming his fitness holds up.

jamrock

I disagree with the signing, but like I've said, he won't be as bad as people here make out, as if it's a complete and total disaster.

Just have to wait and see, if we sign him and how it works out.

Fermin will probably be the odd man out, because he lacks the flexibility the likes of

Gavi
Pedri
Olmo
Raphinha

All have.

wisconsincule

He was great at the Euros and scored some banger goals for Leipzig. Hopefully he stays healthy and can hit the ground running.

TheStig

Wonder if we’ll end up paying 10-15m extra to pay it over four years as we want.
We'll pay whatever they want, it's the same as when we were negotiating with Bayern for Lewa. We went higher and higher until we hit 50 mil, with Olmo it will be 60. Laporta decided that Olmo is the new toy and he doesn't have alternatives, we don't do that at this club.

I disagree with the signing, but like I've said, he won't be as bad as people here make out, as if it's a complete and total disaster.

Just have to wait and see, if we sign him and how it works out.

Fermin will probably be the odd man out, because he lacks the flexibility the likes of

Gavi
Pedri
Olmo
Raphinha

All have.
Fermino will play when all of them will be injured (bar Raphinha).

Rory

Just can't understand signing a player who has missed 20+ games a season for the last 3 seasons due to injuries. Hope he turns out a great signing of course but this is a weird choice. Especially when Gavi has been out a long time injured, Pedri/Frenkie are injured relatively frequently, Gundogan is old. It's like they're hoping our injuries don't overlap with the players.

wisconsincule

Just can't understand signing a player who has missed 20+ games a season for the last 3 seasons due to injuries. Hope he turns out a great signing of course but this is a weird choice. Especially when Gavi has been out a long time injured, Pedri/Frenkie are injured relatively frequently, Gundogan is old. It's like they're hoping our injuries don't overlap with the players.

Our sporting department doesn’t actually plan or act like a modern institution. They shoot from the hip with little accountability.

TheStig

Should we start to lie to ourselves that this will work since it's looking like he's coming?

OK Olmo at LW, will it work? We all agree he's not what we need and that Nico would be the right profile but with our club being ran by amateurs we'll have Olmo there for the few games before he gets injured. How is he different than multiple similar players that we tried at the same position and they all failed from Arda to Denis to Coutinho to Griez and so on. Olmo looks a little bit more agressive, direct and with a better eye for goals and asists right? Could it work to some extent?

Loki

Alright. Now sell Gundogan.
Last season's best player? The player, who came just one year ago as City's captain, who chose Barca in a difficult situation and helped last season playing all games like no other player? That's how barca rewards goodwill of players joining them? You don't throw away players after one year if they aren't dead weight like Romeu. He would never have joined for one season, the players are humans with families and little children, not amazon trade goods.
Thankfully the club isn't lead by ungrateful and unrealistic morons. On the contrary, Gundogan will be very likely our best midfielder again this season.

jamrock

In stayed behind in Spain to try and secure Williams and that didn't happen, if he flew to Germany and doesn't secure Olmo, I'll start to agree with those who said he's shaky at SD.

ajnotkeith

Well 60 mil euros is not the worst, it's probably about market value for him.

The question is, would the money be better spent on a DM, or 1v1 type winger? I think so.

We tried for our main winger target and he didn't want to come. So we can say maybe no options there, but perhaps if we had 60 million it was better spent on an actual DM (which we still don't have!)

Olmo is a good player though and 60m isn't a catastrophic price, so not the worst it could have been, even though it isn't ideal.

Home of Barca Fans