20 - Dani Olmo

First of all i wish you all would stop all this talk about 433 or 4231 that doesn't exist it is not 2002 anymore. Now players are much better and are much more well rounded so they can play in many different positions and roles. The team shape is fluid and players will move and look for spaces in the game. They are not static and holding their position for the sake of the formation.

It's all about getting players who are so good that they can do almost everything and letting them cover for each other. Olmo is the same profile as the likes of grealish or musiala and he can play anywhere on the pitch due to his technical and physical characteristics.

Yea he isn't a crazy 1v1 speedster but that doesn't matter that itself isn't really useful. He is fast enough knows how to shoot and attack. There are very few 1v1 speedsters in clubs in fact no Pl teams have this kind of player. The only ones are vini and dembele and vini is good because of his movement and shooting more than dribbling.
Dribbling has been made useless since teams defend so well and instead it is much better to possess technical ability, intelligence, and movemrnt to unlock the defenses than focus on 1v1 stuff that will be useful only a few times a match.

Trafalgar

Welcome home, Dani! I had my doubts about his return, but what’s done is done. I've heard that he has better stats as a LW than as a CAM, and I really hope that's true. His injury history is concerning, though.

JamDav1982

Pedri would need to be with Casado or Gavi but I could maybe see that work in some games. I hope the best for Pedri but I am pessimistic with him as the years go by. Stupid injuries

Pedri with Gavi would be awful deeper and has never worked when both at CM either.

Neither Pedri/Gavi are a sitter at DM and it is about as small/weak/slow a double DM as would ever see.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I see your 100m for Dembele, 120m for Coutinho and 120m for Griezmann.

I call.

And raise you with 170 for Ferran, Roque and Olmo.

We are taking the levels of clownery to even lower levels.

We rely on La Masia gems to keep us relevant.

Enough is enough.

Basta ya with this Sporting Department.

Everyone out.

Flick OUT.

Sporting Department OUT.

Even Laporta OUT.

companyofcules

Next year we still need to pay for the 60% capacity. Keep the mo.... Well, never mind.
Hope we don't pay more than 20 this year.
So, we are buying a player that solves 0 of our issues to likely play out of his best position.

Amazing. Mes que un mess.
He resolves two issues, Lewandowski and Gundogan being bums so no link-up play from them. I see him as a second striker, ten, getting some good numbers against fodder.

companyofcules

Reasonable deal if true. Much better than the 75m fearmongering cules were dreading about.

Reasonable if we pay the 40 something in 3 or 4 years as it was first leaked out. Because we are technically Bankrupt according to their statements regarding incomes and will be a huge blunder that all the money from selling players or Nike to go for Olmo.

I didn't see anybody fearmongering 75 on Olmo, there were some bufoons who said we are rich and we can afford both of them at the same time, so roughly a 125 mil payment. Nico was straight up 80 mil this season in cash. Barcelona would have needed the last loan in the history of the club.

companyofcules

That's why I don't cry so much over Olmo, Gundogan is shit, Lewandowski is shit and if they pay every year a percentage of those 40 something is not that big. But if they lied and wasted so many milions on Olmo in one go, then they are the ultimate idiots.

Home of Barca Fans