2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Hatem Ben Arfa

Didn't Ferguson win what is Called the Champions League Trophy today as manager of Aberdeen? So surely he has won it 3 times already? just wondering.

Did anyone put any money on Barca?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Hey guys, just to say hope tonight is a fantastic game and that we get the result we want. I'll be thinking of you all! Visca barca.

:thumbsup2:

Going to be a very tough game, but I believe we'll pull through. I do think we'll need to score twice though.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Rooney talks out of his arse most of the time. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

When it comes to England Liverpool and Arsenal over Chelsea and Utd any day. I just find Utd and CHelsea so friggin arrogant. I grew up in England in the 70's and eighties and thought Liverpool were an outstanding side back then.

I think the CL is harder then the old format but the old format was much more exciting and I prefer it to the new one anyday. Nowadays you have all the meaningless group games and then the ko games. IMO it should be straight knockout home and away leg with the final being one match.

As for Ferguson he has been very lucky-he's pretty much had a blank cheque at Utd and been given free reign. Other managers havent had it so easy. Fergie has 2 CL in what?? 25 years??. Ancelotti has won that in probably half the time. Also Paisley wasnt a whining, moaning bag of hot air like Ferguson. Fergie has been incredibly successful but thats mostly at the domestic level. Also he has spent a huge amount of money on transfers. It looks like Man U willl be spending big again this summer with the Glazers making 75 million available. The last time Man U had an authentic built in house side was 99.

Waiting for (un)biased utd's response..............counting ..........1................2............3.............................

Thanks for directing your message towards me, but I totally agree with you. United are arrogant and SAF has been nothing but lucky in his time here. Anyone who says your opinion means nothing when compared to that of his peers and people who have a sound knowledge of football, send them my way and I'll have a word...

Almost here now guys, cant wait!

Good luck to both teams. I hope (like Pep says) its quite an open game, an really lives up to the hype which has been built up to it. If United have to lose, at least its against a supremely talented team like Barca, who play the game 'the right way'. I'll be gutted, but as long as its teams winning who invest in youth, have a long term plan, have great manager and also play great football, I wouldn't begrudge it them, and Barca sum those qualities up.

I think United have a strong chance tonight, because we too have a fantastic team. But I'm under no illusions that this will be our toughest game of the season. If Barcelona win they can rightly take their place as the best team in the world.... but they still have a certain squad of players who never know when they are beaten, to get past first.

Good luck guys.

Unbiased United

The pro-Man U media is sickening this morning...hope Barcelona demolish them.

Sure you'd have a different attitude if it was Arsenal in the final and the English media was backing that English team? ...and I bet its the same with the Spanish media with Barca too.

It saddens me that an English guy wouldn't back the English team, if it was your team in the final, I'd be right behind them.

Phatroonaldo

Good luck to both teams. I hope (like Pep says) its quite an open game, an really lives up to the hype which has been built up to it. If United have to lose, at least its against a supremely talented team like Barca, who play the game 'the right way'. I'll be gutted, but as long as its teams winning who invest in youth, have a long term plan, have great manager and also play great football, I wouldn't begrudge it them, and Barca sum those qualities up.

I'd surprised if it'd be a open game at all.

impeh

Hi, its me..
noones really talking at all about berbatov?

he's your top scorer isnt he? could play a huge role from the bench..

Phatroonaldo

[video=metacafe;6451894/fc_barcelona_2010_11_season_review/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6451894/fc_barcelona_2010_11_season_review/[/video]

That save and that volley.

If alves scores a goal like that ...:blush:

noones really talking at all about berbatov?

he's your top scorer isnt he? could play a huge role from the bench..

Berbatov would be the worst player to bring off the bench, they should try bringing off either hernandez or owen.

Home of Barca Fans